Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: NE (no Boston) or NY (no NYC)?
New England (no Boston) 69 75.00%
New York (no New York City) 23 25.00%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2020, 05:09 AM

93,286 posts, read 123,898,066 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
Out of curiosity, does anyone actually click on these 20 links? I certainly don’t. I can’t believe someone wastes that much time doing copy-paste of links from Google searches.
Yet you responded to the post. Leave it alone if it bothers you in a forum about data, no less.

Also, it is called bringing out information that a person may know that is relevant to thread, but hasn’t been mentioned yet.

Last edited by ckhthankgod; 02-10-2020 at 05:21 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2020, 05:26 AM

24,559 posts, read 18,248,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
Yet you responded to the post. Leave it alone if it bothers you in a forum about data, no less.

It's kind of hard to ignore a huge wall of copy+paste links. I'll just put you on the filter list. Buh-bye.

Old 02-10-2020, 05:45 AM

93,286 posts, read 123,898,066 times
Quote:
It's kind of hard to ignore a huge wall of copy+paste links. I'll just put you on the filter list. Buh-bye.
Not really...Also, what the information is about has been mentioned before the link. So, if you wanted to know information about Cazenovia, Rhinebeck or Oneida Lake, it states that before links.

Also, the issue with this forum is that people can say anything and people will think it is true without any evidence. So, how dare someone actually provide proof for their statements in relation to the thread.

No biggie though...

Old 02-10-2020, 08:41 AM

12,163 posts, read 8,002,089 times
Quote:
I respect your posts, however, I think that is a bit rough. Ckthankgod is just trying to advocate for NY vs NE .... at the end of the day its all opinions, and I dont see anyone on here any less or better than I previously did.

I think Ckthankgod does have valuable posts (even though we might disagree on the state of NY :P )
I also think you have valuable posts Geoff.. being from West Portugal we share lot of similar views as well.

But the fun of C/D is seeing others' perceptions.

Old 08-24-2020, 01:37 PM

640 posts, read 2,012,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by masssachoicetts View Post
One neat thing I love about New London is you can here the range of Montauk radio stations. Pretty cool.

Yes but it's New London. It's not so nice anymore. They tried to renovate downtown...way too many vacancies. Manchester NH has a lot of New Britain CT (not in a good way). Rochester, Buffalo, and Syracuse are somewhat worn, but culturally there is a lot going on (the cultural institution still exist from the industrial heyday). Albany is just human misery with good concerts.

Burlington VT is a trustfunder hangout... and unless you work at the hospital or at UVM, it's a tough go unless you are very ambitious. The weather in winter in Burlington makes Buffalo seems like Palm Springs....not the snow but the cold!

Old 08-24-2020, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiminCT View Post
Yes but it's New London. It's not so nice anymore. They tried to renovate downtown...way too many vacancies. Manchester NH has a lot of New Britain CT (not in a good way). Rochester, Buffalo, and Syracuse are somewhat worn, but culturally there is a lot going on (the cultural institution still exist from the industrial heyday). Albany is just human misery with good concerts.

Burlington VT is a trustfunder hangout... and unless you work at the hospital or at UVM, it's a tough go unless you are very ambitious. The weather in winter in Burlington makes Buffalo seems like Palm Springs....not the snow but the cold!
I severely underestimated CT as did some of my family. As noted in the Ct forum, family wants to hit up the Hartford.or New Haven area. Very very reasonable prices and high quality towns and cities. I agree New London isn't the best. However, New Haven cancels out what New London lacks. Even though some areas in New Haven aren't the best... new Haven still is a great city. I don't know too much about Hartford to say.

Old 08-24-2020, 04:08 PM

21,629 posts, read 12,754,191 times
Quote:
I severely underestimated CT as did some of my family. As noted in the Ct forum, family wants to hit up the Hartford.or New Haven area. Very very reasonable prices and high quality towns and cities. I agree New London isn't the best. However, New Haven cancels out what New London lacks. Even though some areas in New Haven aren't the best... new Haven still is a great city. I don't know too much about Hartford to say.
New London is meh. It’s experienced white flight and has petty crime and occasional violent crime. It’s worn. It’s not a “bad” city though.

Hartford is a ‘bad’ city (think Lawrence meets Brockton with Springfield/Dorchester level violent crime and Holyoke/New Bedford property crime) with some nice apartments downtown and a clean nice downtown. You’re right about New Haven. Nice architecture and some very nice suburbs.

Old 08-24-2020, 04:19 PM

6,808 posts, read 6,038,878 times
Quote:
However, New Haven cancels out what New London lacks.
New London has nicer suburbs and exurbs than New Haven, though New Haven clearly has far superior urban amenities.

Old 08-24-2020, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston Shudra View Post
New London has nicer suburbs and exurbs than New Haven, though New Haven clearly has far superior urban amenities.
Honest question what New London suburbs would you say are better? I can only think of Stonington/Westerly. New Haven has some pretty impressive suburbs like Branford, Clinton, Guilford etc...

Old 08-24-2020, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBornMassMade View Post
New London is meh. It’s experienced white flight and has petty crime and occasional violent crime. It’s worn. It’s not a “bad” city though.

Hartford is a ‘bad’ city (think Lawrence meets Brockton with Springfield/Dorchester level violent crime and Holyoke/New Bedford property crime) with some nice apartments downtown and a clean nice downtown. You’re right about New Haven. Nice architecture and some very nice suburbs.
Hartford might have a few bad areas (I'm assuming North End and South End?) But crime is down considerably and the suburbs are really impressive. From what I'm seeing online.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City