Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2010, 03:12 PM

90 posts, read 410,684 times

Advertisements

I have been researching Florida A LOT and have narrowed it down to moving to the Winter Springs area...that is, IF I feel that Florida is the right place for me. I still have a couple months to decide on this.

I've also been recently looking at Arizona for its always-sunny weather and great housing.

So, I realize I'm posting in the Florida forums, but what is your opinion on these two states?

As you can see, I'm still trying to decide!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2010, 03:15 PM

90 posts, read 410,684 times
Default Arizona vs Florida...what's YOUR opinion?

I have been researching Florida A LOT and have narrowed it down to moving to the Winter Springs area...that is, IF I feel that Florida is the right place for me. I still have a couple months to decide on this.

I've also been recently looking at Arizona for its always-sunny weather and great housing.

So, I realize I'm posting in the Florida forums, but what is your opinion on these two states?

As you can see, I'm still trying to decide!

Old 08-10-2010, 03:47 PM

9,601 posts, read 31,690,674 times
Piece of cake response, CR . . . ARIZONA!

Many years ago I attended school in South Florida and currently have relatives on the West Coast as well as Northern Florida, however, I prefer Arizona.

Much better as well as healthier weather by a long shot plus fewer bugs and an overall lower cost of living are just a few of the positives.

Good Luck on your decision.

Old 08-10-2010, 04:15 PM

177 posts, read 685,601 times
We live in South Carolina now and it is too cold here for DW. We plan to move to Florida (probably a 55+ community south of Tampa) next year. We considered southern Arizona (where DW's mother, one of her brothers, two nieces and a nephew live), south Texas near Brownsville, and Florida (Tampa and south). We decided against Arizona because Tucson is too cold in the winter, too dry (DW and I both have problems with dry skin), and too far from our sons and their families (one in northern Illinois and the other in ne Pennsylvania).

Old 08-10-2010, 04:21 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,690,750 times
I have lived several places in Arizona and I'm back and forth to Florida, family wants me to move there. NO WAY, too humid, too crowded. Where *I live in Arizona it's 84 today and clouding up for our daily monsoon storm. It isn't all desert.

Old 08-10-2010, 04:27 PM

204 posts, read 628,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
I have lived several places in Arizona and I'm back and forth to Florida, family wants me to move there. NO WAY, too humid, too crowded. Where *I live in Arizona it's 84 today and clouding up for our daily monsoon storm. It isn't all desert.
You don't live in the valley I take it : ) There's good and bad in both really. If you like having moisture and rain then this is not the place. The dust here irritates me more than I thought it ever would. I clean my ceiling fans a lot and no matter how often I do it the dust actually has consistency! I have to scrub it off...it's disgusting! However, the mountains are so beautiful out here and it is most definitely NOT just desert. I love those cactus (can't think of their name at the moment) that look like paddles and turn this beautiful purple when it actually rains. On the other hand I love the smell of moisture and a little more lushness in the greenery. And nothing beats the ocean for me so I guess it's what you like more. Plus it also depends on what you like to do in your spare time and I can only go to the Grand Canyon and the Wildlife World Zoo so many times. Schools here are bottom in the nation is that is of importance to you.

Old 08-10-2010, 04:39 PM

12 posts, read 49,627 times
Arizona doesn't have the humidity. No hurricanes or tropical depressions. Skies are blue and you can play on the golf course just about every day. It gets hot for like 3 months but you have A/C to deal with that. Florida also has aligators that will eat your cat, dog or grandchild. They are host to some of the most exotic species of animals that ruin entire ecosystems in North America. Access to the ocean is overrated with all the nastyness and polution. If you want that kind of access my uncle has a septic tank, just add salt water and its pratically the gulf of mexico.

Old 08-10-2010, 04:40 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,690,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moveeast31 View Post
You don't live in the valley I take it : ) There's good and bad in both really. If you like having moisture and rain then this is not the place. The dust here irritates me more than I thought it ever would. I clean my ceiling fans a lot and no matter how often I do it the dust actually has consistency! I have to scrub it off...it's disgusting! However, the mountains are so beautiful out here and it is most definitely NOT just desert. I love those cactus (can't think of their name at the moment) that look like paddles and turn this beautiful purple when it actually rains. On the other hand I love the smell of moisture and a little more lushness in the greenery. And nothing beats the ocean for me so I guess it's what you like more. Plus it also depends on what you like to do in your spare time and I can only go to the Grand Canyon and the Wildlife World Zoo so many times. Schools here are bottom in the nation is that is of importance to you.
I used to live in Goodyear and feel your pain, but right now my TV is off because there is no cable and satellite doesn't work in an electrical storm.
like I said it may get up to 85 today, think I'll sit on the porch and watch the storm. Sierra Vista has the best weather around

Old 08-10-2010, 05:16 PM

25 posts, read 77,608 times
Quote:
Arizona vs Florida...what's YOUR opinion?

Florida has waaaaaaay more LIGHTNING strikes than Arizona!

Old 08-10-2010, 05:52 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,292,121 times
Florida is the type of place you visit but it's not a great place to live. Even though it's sunny, it still has east coast culture meaning things are old, run-down and unprogressive. Arizona, particularly Phoenix area, is still a part of the west coast and has the positives associated with it. Things are new and clean. People are more laid back. Despite our weaker economy, over 100,000 people still moved to the Phoenix area last year. It wasn't that long ago that Arizona was the fastest growing state in the United States. The mortgage crisis hurt this city but it's only a matter of time before that turns around. When the economy improves, we will unfortunately have that maddening growth like we did 3 years ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City