Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Phoenix, Dallas, Atlanta, Other?
Phoenix 34 20.73%
Dallas 49 29.88%
Atlanta 66 40.24%
Other 15 9.15%
Voters: 164. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2021, 09:37 AM

16,696 posts, read 29,515,591 times

Advertisements

Atlanta vs. Phoenix, 2021
https://www.city-data.com/forum/city...ix-2021-a.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2021, 10:15 AM

148 posts, read 119,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd433 View Post
Is this poll real? How could Atlanta be better than Dallas? I dont see it. We have the Cowboys, Fort Worth, we used to have the best job growth in the country by taking jobs from California but now we also have a startup scene. We have Frisco which is the best place to live in the whole USA according to the tabloids. we have an amazing uptown and Klyde Warren park. I cant imagine how Atlanta could possibly be better. Please explain.

Typical Texan, can't understand why everyone doesn't love everything Texan. Some people will prefer other places for various reasons. Not everyone thinks DFW and Texas in general is the land of paradise for everything. DFW has many advantages over Atlanta but it's not absolute or given that it's just a better place. Can't believe you actually had the audacity to use Frisco and the Cowboys as a reason why it's better though lol.

Last edited by TexasToGA; 03-11-2021 at 11:01 AM..

Old 03-11-2021, 10:16 AM

8,334 posts, read 5,492,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasToGA View Post

Typical Texan, can't understand why everyone doesn't love everything Texan. People prefer other places for various reasons. Not everyone thinks DFW and Texas in general is the land of paradise for everything. DFW has many advantages over Atlanta but it's not absolute or given that its just a better place
Yeah. DFW or Atlanta, it really comes down to preference.

Old 03-11-2021, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverOne View Post
Thats a subjective question .Ive already said many why I personally think if its an urban experience you want,out of these cities mentioned,its hands down Atlanta. That doesnt change whether its PHX or DAL Taking into consideration the entire metro ,its a draw or it comes down to personal preferences.

Its clear you know little about Atlanta based on your comments but if you visit the city of Atlanta ,you will see its so much more to do and its more of a complete city than Dallas although Dallas is doing a lot to its core as well
I wouldn't say Atlanta is "a more complete" city than Dallas. Atlanta lacks in some areas. I would say in general living in the core of Atlanta is a little bit more rewarding than living in the core of Atlanta, but Dallas in general is more cohesive, has better suburbs and infrastructure.

Last edited by TexasToGA; 03-11-2021 at 11:01 AM..

Old 03-11-2021, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McAnulty View Post
Texas would have to change before I would remotely consider it. This last month showed that.

Texans can love the deregulation and it's no accountability grid, but not me. Their governor is reckless. Nope, not interested. They like it, fine.

Regarding Dallas vs Atlanta, even without the Texas issues, I prefer being more east and the access on the east.
Who is "they"?

Because the cities in Texas (including Dallas) arent on board with anything you said.

Old 03-11-2021, 11:56 AM

8,302 posts, read 5,702,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by As Above So Below... View Post
Who is "they"?

Because the cities in Texas (including Dallas) arent on board with anything you said.
Right.

Thos would be like people writing off all of Georgia because one person signed the worst anti-abortion bill into law.

Old 03-11-2021, 02:15 PM

848 posts, read 1,120,054 times
Houston, Miami, Tampa, Charlotte, Raleigh-Durham, Nashville, Austin...

Old 03-11-2021, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanmyth View Post
Houston, Miami, Tampa, Charlotte, Raleigh-Durham, Nashville, Austin...

??????

Old 03-11-2021, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McAnulty View Post
I'm not sure why you would ask this, the "they" who votes in the majority to continue such a broken system. I think that they you know what I meant.
"They" isnt the whole state but you characterized it as such. Texas is much more culturally complex than that. If you included Georgia with North Carolina, Mississippi, and Alabama, you would have a population and size similar to Texas as well as a similar political make up.

Population sizes are close:

Texas: 29,360,759
GA/NC/AL/MS: 29,199,149

Youd have 4 democratic voting populous metro areas:

DFW
Houston
Austin
San Antonio
El Paso

vs.

Atlanta
Charlotte
Raleigh/Durham
Greensboro
Birmingham

Texas has similar square mileage to those states:

Texas: 268,579
GA/NC/AL/MS: 224,920

Youd have a similar proportion of blue and red votes (Im excluding 3rd parties since none garnered much support in any of these states):

Texas: 52.6% Trump and 47.4% Biden
GA/NC/AL/MS: 53.1% Trump and 46.9% Biden.

I didnt pull this out of my rear end, I do it to illustrate a point. Just as North Carolina and Mississippi are culturally different, so is East, West, South, and North Texas. The Texas you speak of that is full of hardcore libertarians that despise any sort of regulation may fly in some parts of the state, but our major metro areas arent like that and voting patterns reflect that.

Texas is a complex place. Reducing it to a mindset that can be typed in three sentences is ridiculous. Its ever bit as ridiculous as trying to say the south is one mindset monolith.

Old 03-11-2021, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by As Above So Below... View Post
Texas is a complex place. Reducing it to a mindset that can be typed in three sentences is ridiculous. Its ever bit as ridiculous as trying to say the south is one mindset monolith.

Agreed
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City