Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2022, 01:16 PM

32,087 posts, read 34,681,849 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBornMassMade View Post
Naw not really I was talking all women in general maybe not the white women- that might be a draw.

And yes there statistically significant difference here. Im pretty Boston is gonna be even healthier than MA as a whole. even more so for black women because most black women not living in Boston probably live in poorer less well resourced outer urban areas.

I don’t think it’s a coincidence this info backs up my anecdote. With virtually no hesitation it’s not just Boston women>NYC women it’s more like Boston women>>NYC women. I mean every NY dude think NY had the best everything especially over Boston so it’s whatever lol. This like when NYers tell you they got better Haitian Patties, crosswalks, subways, parks, watches, socks etc etc lol it’s kinda like “aight dog.. you got it”

As for DC. I get that BMI I’m prolly influenced by the MD women in the city.
This conversation is pointless because so many people here have expressed preferences for so many different things. Some people prefer waif-ish, more "natural" looking women from Vermont. Some prefer "thick" IG baddies. Typically, when a guy tells me X city is full of tons of attractive women, and this guy shows me said attractive women, I'm rarely impressed. Guys are too all over the place in their tastes, which are often influenced by class, race, age, geography and culture.

Overall, though, I think NYC and LA have more women that will wet the beak of the average man because the excitement of those cities draws so many attractive women them there. 90% of attractive women in their 20s have 1K+ Instagram followers and receive multiple DMs daily (even the "humble" ones) and those women are far more likely to be drawn to LA or NYC than an everyday "boring" city. There are only a handful of cities that most young people move to "just because" and Boston and DC are not two of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2022, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Fwiw Boston was more heavily repped in the attractive men version of this poll we had a few months back than this one. There attractive people over there. LA and Miami aren’t really the same as NYC when I see women- maybe dudes. Makes more sense, I don’t know.
Dude, this subforum is probably 98.3% male. And the few women who participate are older (50+) and often live nowhere near hip, urban enclaves.

Old 01-13-2022, 01:30 PM

21,628 posts, read 12,727,444 times
Who moves to NYC for women though?. You love their for it being NYC and all that come with it not the women lol. Don’t NYC dudes visit Cali strictly for the weed, weather, and the women? At least that’s what Big said…

I could see maybe moving to NYC to be around powerful men. But actually moving anywhere for some women is…weird

Old 01-13-2022, 01:32 PM

Quote:
As for DC. I get that BMI I’m prolly influenced by the MD women in the city.
They are just as overweight. But some guys are more liberal when it comes to weight. You might be. I am not. So we probably will not agree on attractiveness.

Old 01-13-2022, 01:33 PM

21,628 posts, read 12,727,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Dude, this subforum is probably 98.3% male. And the few women who participate are older (50+) and often live nowhere near hip, urban enclaves.
Like I said earlier, you got it chief. That’s you. I won’t say anything else on that.

I told a Brooklynite with the typical Brooklyn attitude back in college “NYC is the 24/7 city cuz the sun rises and sets at Port Authority, right?” Y’all can’t help it *shrug*

Old 01-13-2022, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Like I said earlier, you got it chief. That’s you. I won’t say anything else on that.

I told a Brooklynite with the typical Brooklyn attitude back in college “NYC is the 24/7 city cuz the sun rises and sets at Port Authority, right?” Y’all can’t help it *shrug*
I'm not originally from NYC. And FWIW I think LA has better looking women than New York. It's simply the nature of the beast.

I'm not sure why you find it unbelievable that cities full of talent agencies are also teeming with lots of attractive people in their 20s who move there to take advantage of their looks.

Old 01-13-2022, 01:37 PM

4,209 posts, read 4,741,829 times
Quote:
I'm curious to see the results of a "Which cities have the most attractive male populace" thread? My guess is that the same cities that have the most attractive women also have the most attractive men, which makes this in essence a discussion of the cities with the most attractive people.

If we're talking an overall average of the entire population of individuals in their 20s--the overweight and obese, the low wage workers, guys under 6'0 feet tall (sorry, you are "short" in the eyes of most cute girls), guys afflicted with male pattern hair loss, people with bad skin, people with mediocre to barely above average faces, people with tattoos on nearly every part of their body--then the average sits somewhere around 4.7 to 4.8 IMHO. Perhaps a bit higher for women since shortness and baldness are two afflictions suffered by many men throughout their 20s. The difference between in any two large cities is negligible, maybe 0.2 to 0.3 points.

I think where we start to see the differences is in the more upwardly mobile, young professional/creative classes. And here I would argue that NYC/LA/Miami are heads and shoulders above everywhere else. Not only are there are a lot of women turning heads in Manhattan, there are a lot of men turning heads too! A 6'2 guy with great bone structure and a nice physique is probably more rare than an attractive woman and many attractive women move to NYC or LA to meet those guys. Not exactly rocket science.
I think we're putting too much stoplight on biology here. The reason cities, in general, have more attractive people also has to do with the culture of presentation. People in cities tend to dress better, exercise more, and take more time in general to improve their presentation. The same person in town A who's seen as beautiful may not be seen the same in city A, but moving to the city exposes people to more styles and cultures that lead them to put more effort into looking better. Bigger cities (NY, LA, CHI, BOS, DC) are naturally going to be better than smaller cities due to large populations leading to bigger groups of diverse cultures. You get influencers, financial people, techies, nerds, and art communities in one city. There is simply something for everyone no matter what their particular taste is.

Old 01-13-2022, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonta4 View Post
I think we're putting too much stoplight on biology here. The reason cities, in general, have more attractive people also has to do with the culture of presentation. People in cities tend to dress better, exercise more, and take more time in general to improve their presentation. The same person in town A who's seen as beautiful may not be seen the same in city A, but moving to the city exposes people to more styles and cultures that lead them to put more effort into looking better. Bigger cities (NY, LA, CHI, BOS, DC) are naturally going to be better than smaller cities due to large populations leading to bigger groups of diverse cultures. You get influencers, financial people, techies, nerds, and art communities in one city. There is simply something for everyone no matter what their particular taste is.
That's sort of a chicken or the egg question. Do young women look better because they up their game after seeing all the competition once they move to the Big City? Or does the small town girl who is a solid 8.5 out of 10 see no point in sticking around her small town when she could move to the Big City and join a dating app where she'll have access to scores of attractive, high status men?

Not sure if it really matters.

My point is that all cities will have more or less the same average, since most people are average, but that a few cities (NYC, LA and MIA) will have a noticeable preponderance of "model-esque" looking people because people do indeed move there to try to break into acting, modeling, music, etc. In other words, these cities are skimming the creme de la creme off small towns and cities, and you will have more attractive 22-year old women moving from mid size cities to NYC/LA than vice versa. There are a lot of Ashton Kutchers who have moved to LA or NYC from Iowa or some other mid America location that haven't made it yet (and likely never will).

Old 01-13-2022, 08:59 PM

16,689 posts, read 29,502,859 times
Quote:
I'm curious to see the results of a "Which cities have the most attractive male populace" thread? My guess is that the same cities that have the most attractive women also have the most attractive men, which makes this in essence a discussion of the cities with the most attractive people.

If we're talking an overall average of the entire population of individuals in their 20s--the overweight and obese, the low wage workers, guys under 6'0 feet tall (sorry, you are "short" in the eyes of most cute girls), guys afflicted with male pattern hair loss, people with bad skin, people with mediocre to barely above average faces, people with tattoos on nearly every part of their body--then the average sits somewhere around 4.7 to 4.8 IMHO. Perhaps a bit higher for women since shortness and baldness are two afflictions suffered by many men throughout their 20s. The difference between in any two large cities is negligible, maybe 0.2 to 0.3 points.

I think where we start to see the differences is in the more upwardly mobile, young professional/creative classes. And here I would argue that NYC/LA/Miami are heads and shoulders above everywhere else. Not only are there are a lot of women turning heads in Manhattan, there are a lot of men turning heads too! A 6'2 guy with great bone structure and a nice physique is probably more rare than an attractive woman and many attractive women move to NYC or LA to meet those guys. Not exactly rocket science.
Attractive Males
https://www.city-data.com/forum/city...tive-male.html

Old 01-13-2022, 09:31 PM

210 posts, read 199,043 times
To make this thread interesting, you should exclude NYC/LA/Miami who obviously would win this thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City