Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2022, 11:14 AM

910 posts, read 1,082,877 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
If there are women as attractive as an Emily Ratajkowski in Boston or DC, they are probably in college and waiting for the right moment to move to NY or LA. No way those women are staying there.
I think better examples would be Emma Stone or Amber Heard. Both way better looking, and dropped out of Catholic school to pursue acting in LA. Their stories are the typical narratives; sheltered suburban girl suppressed by religious parents wanting to break free and spread their wings in Hollywood. There's thousands of girls like them; just as cute/pretty but never got their shine. This really wouldn't apply to attractive women who are already situated in a major city like DC or Boston for several reasons. If a woman looked like Emily in Omaha or Tulsa, I would understand the sentiment...

By my personal experience, I'll say Houston, DC, Tampa/Orlando (deep penchant for boricuas and tropical setting), Queens, and San Diego.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2022, 11:25 AM

16,689 posts, read 29,502,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBornMassMade View Post
Except for me this list, the other list, the other survey, the 4 other people in this thread , Ivemoor89 in the other current thread etc.

For someone who says Boston does a lot of things well I’ve definitely never seen you mention them.

Ive never heard anyone say Boston doesn’t have attractive women. Because it very much does. So does A lot of New England.

When I mention Boston on here, it is almost always in response to your chasing-whiteness fantasy world that you dream about.

And - no one ever said Boston/New England do not have attractive females. Every place, region, etc. has attractive females and attractive males. However, Boston/New England are definitely not known for attractive females when compared to other places. It is even mentioned and joked about in cabarets, drag show, and neighborhood playhouses in the area.

Old 01-18-2022, 11:30 AM

21,628 posts, read 12,727,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
You are contradicting yourself in this very thread.

How can NYC be a "wild" suggestion when you have it in your Top 4?
I was listing my top 5 4 in which still had Boston ahead, but considering all women and popular taste? I think NYC loses major ground. I’m looking at a relatively narrow niche there, in general- I see NYC slipping. Notice I don’t even have LA there. I still have Miami out front.

Also, I think you’re underestimating what Boston or DC would have to offer a good looking young woman. What exactly are they missing out on, actually? I’m doing the normal thing and assuming the supermajority of them aren’t trying to be celebrities.

Old 01-18-2022, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aries4118 View Post
When I mention Boston on here, it is almost always in response to your chasing-whiteness fantasy world that you dream about.

And - no one ever said Boston/New England do not have attractive females. Every place, region, etc. has attractive females and attractive males. However, Boston/New England are definitely not known for attractive females when compared to other places. It is even mentioned and joked about in cabarets, drag show, and neighborhood playhouses in the area.
I’m definitely not sure what a “chasing whiteness fantasy” is? Can you describe that for context?

Sorry but I’m not at the drag shows and cabarets to know. I’m with everyone else I guess.

Old 01-18-2022, 01:24 PM

24,557 posts, read 18,235,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aries4118 View Post
Boston and New England do a lot of things very well. Attractive females is just not one of them.

And everyone knows.
Boston has 150k+ college students and more like 300k in the metro. More than half of those are women. Where else in the country are you going to find a major city with that density of 20 year old women? And they’re generally intelligent and have a bright future, compared to the land of trailer trash Barbie. With that upper middle class demographic, most will continue to look attractive for decades where cigarette smoking and hard drinking trailer trash Barbie will weigh 250 and have 3 kids by 3 fathers.

Hyperbole but I think I make my point.

Old 01-18-2022, 01:28 PM

2,191 posts, read 1,847,904 times
I was blown away by the women I saw in Austin, TX. Then again, many were college-aged and perhaps weren't even from Austin. But My God.

Old 01-18-2022, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
Boston has 150k+ college students and more like 300k in the metro. More than half of those are women. Where else in the country are you going to find a major city with that density of 20 year old women? And they’re generally intelligent and have a bright future, compared to the land of trailer trash Barbie. With that upper middle class demographic, most will continue to look attractive for decades where cigarette smoking and hard drinking trailer trash Barbie will weigh 250 and have 3 kids by 3 fathers.

Hyperbole but I think I make my point.
Poster is the ultimate Boston hater- all one can do is write it off.

Old 01-18-2022, 02:15 PM

24,557 posts, read 18,235,988 times
Quote:
Poster is the ultimate Boston hater- all one can do is write it off.
Boston on a 75F and sunny April day with the college students everywhere is pretty scenic just like any other college town.

Old 01-18-2022, 02:38 PM

32,087 posts, read 34,681,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MurphyKing54 View Post
I think better examples would be Emma Stone or Amber Heard. Both way better looking, and dropped out of Catholic school to pursue acting in LA. Their stories are the typical narratives; sheltered suburban girl suppressed by religious parents wanting to break free and spread their wings in Hollywood. There's thousands of girls like them; just as cute/pretty but never got their shine. This really wouldn't apply to attractive women who are already situated in a major city like DC or Boston for several reasons. If a woman looked like Emily in Omaha or Tulsa, I would understand the sentiment...

By my personal experience, I'll say Houston, DC, Tampa/Orlando (deep penchant for boricuas and tropical setting), Queens, and San Diego.
This just shows how subjective looks really are. Because Emma Stone is in no way more attractive than Emily Ratajkowski to me. She is as flat as a board. I feel like you could go to any regular office building and find 10 girls sitting in cubicles who look similar to her.

Old 01-18-2022, 02:48 PM

32,087 posts, read 34,681,849 times
Quote:
Also, I think you’re underestimating what Boston or DC would have to offer a good looking young woman. What exactly are they missing out on, actually?
Better nightlife
Jobs in fashion and media
More glamor
More celebrities
Wealthier men
More high status/famous men
Bikini weather (Miami/SoCal)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City