Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2020, 11:55 AM

5,016 posts, read 3,914,958 times

Advertisements

A lot of this conversation is based on lineage x diversity.

I have always have found Chicago to be an overly attractive city. It's a mix of the transient, upper class go-getters from all over the Midwest, coupled with the diversity in the south and west sides. Mix that with the influx of eastern Europeans.

I have heard on many occasions people say that they find Boston guys to be very attractive, and do not find the females overly attractive. I think there is some deep rooted sexism and bias in that statement, as the upfront and assertive attitude on men can be seen as good thing, while on women can be seen as something else. But don't shoot the messenger.

In NYC, Manhattan is obviously a melting pot of the international and domestic elite. Hard to argue the attractiveness you find there. The other Burroughs, aside from western neighborhoods of Brooklyn? Not my speed.

The PNW was glaringly average in the way of looks. Just a lot to be desired in my time in Seattle.. Great city though.

I'm not a huge fan of the southeastern charm and style. ATL and Nashville front and center.

LA probably had an attractive/certainly more more attractive population than SF, but it wasn't what Hollywood would lead you to believe.

Austin, Texas might be my winner. Though it has some of that southern charm I'm not fond of, it blends nicely with the progressive culture, the outdoorsy culture, and professional/tech culture. And, people are just inherently attractive there. The openness is great too. I'd pick it over Dallas or Houston any day of the week.

PS- A ton of personal experience, ad overgeneralizations of these areas. Just playing along.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2020, 12:02 PM

8,491 posts, read 4,735,625 times
Denver comes to mind - outdoorsy, down to earth guys with a fresh twist of hippie augmenting manly. I kinda think of Mutt from Schitt’s Creek. There’s chill guys on the west coast, but unfortunately as a Californian I have to kinda say there’s a few too many metro guys out there. I suspect the NE is similar, plus Italians (Have a few who married into the fam)...not necessarily a good mix, I don’t think it’s balanced out by the go-getter alpha guys.

Old 04-24-2020, 12:13 PM

12,830 posts, read 9,547,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpomp View Post
Most attractive gay men - NYC and LA by far, then probably Chicago.

Most attractive straight men / men in general is a little more blurry, but New York is up there either way.
What's the difference between attractive gay and attractive straight?

Old 04-24-2020, 12:16 PM

9,379 posts, read 9,331,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylord_Focker View Post
What's the difference between attractive gay and attractive straight?
No difference in their looks, but New York and LA have long been hot spots for attractive gay men. (if that makes sense).

I am not sure there are cities where good looking straight men congregate, but I would imagine LA and New York are near the top either way.

Old 04-28-2020, 05:24 PM

130 posts, read 86,443 times
Gay guy here. I’d say most western cities, Denver, Portland, Seattle. I just have never seen many attractive men when I’m in the East or South.

Old 04-28-2020, 05:30 PM

4,980 posts, read 5,392,806 times
I’ll do a top 5 MSA’s

1.) Miami
2.) LA
3.) NYC (mostly because of all the foreign men)
4.) San Diego
5.) Phoenix

Old 04-28-2020, 07:07 PM

1,726 posts, read 1,720,363 times
Wisconsin/Minnesota/North Dakota/Montana/Washington, if Scandinavian men are your thing. Sure are mine.

Old 04-28-2020, 07:42 PM

12,830 posts, read 9,547,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TallVegan View Post
Gay guy here. I’d say most western cities, Denver, Portland, Seattle. I just have never seen many attractive men when I’m in the East or South.
I don't see it in Seattle or Portland.

Old 04-28-2020, 07:46 PM

1,286 posts, read 1,481,471 times
Utah. Salt Lake City/Provo/Orem areas is teeming with really handsome, great looking men. The thing is though, almost everybody is white. So...yeah.

Old 04-28-2020, 07:48 PM

3,332 posts, read 3,694,974 times
NYC... after having lived in so many cities throughout the country NYC beats them all. It has the highest concentration of good looking folks of all types... White, Asian, Hispanic, Black, Businessmen, Hipsters, Models, Nerds, Preppy, Redheads, Dilfs, Next door types etc....

Last edited by Ebck120; 04-28-2020 at 08:21 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City