Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What city is known for the most black coffee drinkers?
Boston 4 14.81%
New York City 4 14.81%
Philadelphia 0 0%
Washington DC 0 0%
Chicago 0 0%
Atlanta 1 3.70%
Detroit 0 0%
Charlotte 0 0%
Miami 0 0%
Houston 1 3.70%
Dallas 0 0%
Seattle 11 40.74%
Portland 0 0%
San Francisco 0 0%
Los Angeles 4 14.81%
San Diego 0 0%
Other! 2 7.41%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2020, 09:10 AM

12,157 posts, read 7,980,515 times

Advertisements

So I was drinking black coffee the other day and my coworker says that's disgusting! I reply, well that's how I like it! The more bitter the better!! She continues with... That's some Boston stuff right there. All y'all like that black coffee. I digress because everyone I know likes it done regular (cream and sugar).

When I think of Black Coffee drinkers I think of Seattle Washington! It fits the vibe. So in this fun little poll, which city do you associate black coffee drinkers with the most? I like these little food polls.. it United us.

So sound off! Which city is the ultimate black coffee drinkers in your mind?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2020, 12:38 AM

16,683 posts, read 29,499,000 times
Coffee

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eauT2DkLTTI

Old 07-22-2020, 01:38 AM

14,669 posts, read 14,631,326 times
I've always thought of New York as a black-coffee-and-plain-bagel type of town. For Seattle, it's probably more of a "don't ruin the flavor of the coffee with milk" type of mentality though.

Old 07-22-2020, 07:11 AM

5,016 posts, read 3,909,909 times
May be a bit nitpicky, but I associate Seattle and Portland with espresso, which for the sake of this discussion may be different than a black coffee culture.

A very normal "Dunkies" order in Greater Boston is a "lahge black". Short, straight to the point. No Blonde Roast, no Guatemalan Antigua.

Bill Burr, a Boston native, does a bit about asking a guy if they want a cookie. It's his opinion that asking a guy if they want something sweet, is the equivalent of calling him a p****. Certainly don't agree with that thought or the broader masculine ideology, but it doesn't mean the hard hat, middle class Bostonians don't. And somehow, I think that may play into this discussion.

Now that I think about it, this is the type stuff that makes me miss Chicago....

Old 07-22-2020, 08:54 AM

23,515 posts, read 23,986,796 times
Seattle, LA, or NYC

Old 07-22-2020, 09:01 AM

1,631 posts, read 2,384,851 times
Definitely Los Angeles. Like #1 because it is a daytime city that likes to sleep early and get up early, get a cup of black coffee, and work hard as the early bird does. other cities are lame. They love adding so much sugar and creamer flavors. LA is too healthy, vegan, kale eaters, no sugar no fat. Just plain black healthy coffee.

Old 07-22-2020, 09:05 AM

795 posts, read 481,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saybanana View Post
Definitely Los Angeles. Like #1 because it is a daytime city that likes to sleep early and get up early, get a cup of black coffee, and work hard as the early bird does. other cities are lame. They love adding so much sugar and creamer flavors. LA is too healthy, vegan, kale eaters, no sugar no fat. Just plain black healthy coffee.

LOL please tell me you're joking... "Other cities are lame" seriously? Los Angeles despite what you may THINK is no better than ANY of the other cities listed here. It's time to come off of your high horse.

Old 07-22-2020, 09:46 AM

1,631 posts, read 2,384,851 times
Los Angeles are health nuts going on about the gluten free diet and almond milk, acai bowls, omega 3, beyond beef, kale salads, avocado toasts, tofu burgers. Always showing off their runyon or hollywood sign hike sweats, # hashtagging their gym summer bodies in February and how weather is so great with their sunny runs along the Santa Monica beach or #hardbutworthit as they climb up steep stairs. So many are so fit compared to other cities where many people are lame, weak, injured from not exercising as much. LAME cities cuz they dont work out all year round. LA bars close at 2am and actually not a big nightlife city overall, thats because they wake up early, drink their health black coffee because they love it so much. Then go for a morning run or workout before work as the black coffee colon cleanses and helps with the cardiovascular system. Look up the health benefits of black coffee. So healthy like the health nuts of Los Angeles.
There is a reason why commercials for black coffee like Folgers are made in Los Angeles studios. The best part of waking up is folgers in your cup. Other lame cities are like, no I want to sleep for 1 more hour, I got a hangover, blah blah.

San Diego can be part of the health nuts but since it is smaller than LA, I voted LA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City