Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Most urban?
Atlanta 108 52.68%
Austin 4 1.95%
Charlotte 4 1.95%
Houston 54 26.34%
Dallas 31 15.12%
San Antonio 4 1.95%
Voters: 205. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2021, 04:42 PM

16,508 posts, read 26,308,869 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMatl View Post
And once again, you proved my point. Regular 'trails' don't act as catalysts for billions of dollars of redevelopment, new & expanded parks, art installations, adaptive reuse of historic buildings, rail transit, etc. It is the largest urban renewal project in the U.S. 'Trail' is not an accurate description.
You might want to wait until it's complete for other people to recognize it's value. I recognize it's potential but seems like just a really nice trail which doesn't seem that unique by itself.
Atlanta has been seen billion dollar investments for decades now, its probably not that impressive that there's a trail linking neighborhoods around the city, even if there's cool art installations. Once its complete, and the streetcar line(s) are part of the system, people's (mine too) perceptions will change.

Old 01-08-2021, 05:28 PM

9,818 posts, read 7,928,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R1070 View Post
Well despite the scale, you just need to acknowledge that the Katy Trail does exactly those things you listed the Beltline does. And physically the KT is a better quality trail with integrated lighting, parallel rubber paths, extensive landscaping and plazas.
No, I absolutely do not. They are hardly the same, hence we are back at the beginning like always. You refuse to give credit where credit is due when it comes to Atlanta. This is also nothing new.

Old 01-08-2021, 05:34 PM

4,435 posts, read 6,303,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
You might want to wait until it's complete for other people to recognize it's value. I recognize it's potential but seems like just a really nice trail which doesn't seem that unique by itself.
Atlanta has been seen billion dollar investments for decades now, its probably not that impressive that there's a trail linking neighborhoods around the city, even if there's cool art installations. Once its complete, and the streetcar line(s) are part of the system, people's (mine too) perceptions will change.
That’s how I feel as well.

Old 01-08-2021, 05:35 PM

4,435 posts, read 6,303,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
Quote:
No, I absolutely do not. They are hardly the same, hence we are back at the beginning like always. You refuse to give credit where credit is due when it comes to Atlanta. This is also nothing new.
Okay then tell me if I’m walking on the Beltline what can I do that I cannot do if I’m walking on the Katy Trail?

Old 01-08-2021, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1070 View Post
Okay then tell me if I’m walking on the Beltline what can I do that I cannot do if I’m walking on the Katy Trail?
Absolutely not. You will minimize, pick whatever I claim apart and generally argue until posts are deleted or the thread is closed. Been there, done that - countless times.

Old 01-08-2021, 05:49 PM

4,344 posts, read 2,806,621 times
Quote:
Then you clearly don't understand what the BeltLine actually is.
Don't tell me what I do or do not understand.
Like I said before the Beltline is a great project but it is not unique.
You are probably ignorant of other similar projects around the country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaguaneroSwag View Post
Highly disagree. It takes you from Downtown to Uptown. The two main anchors of the city.

I personally think the Beltlin is unique because it’s going above and Baytown what Baffalo Bayou and Katy trail systems can do in connecting a much larger portion of the city. I prefer Houston and Dallas over Atlanta, but have to give credit when it’s due. The Beltlin is definitely going above and beyond
I am not sure what you are talking about. You brought up those trails so I don't follow your tangent

Old 01-08-2021, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atadytic19 View Post
Don't tell me what I do or do not understand.
Like I said before the Beltline is a great project but it is not unique.
You are probably ignorant of other similar projects around the country.
Don't tell me I'm ignorant, and you clearly don't grasp what the BeltLine is all about.

Old 01-08-2021, 06:01 PM

4,344 posts, read 2,806,621 times
There's lots of good things planned for the Beltline.
Nothing unique about it

Old 01-08-2021, 06:10 PM

9,876 posts, read 6,589,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atadytic19 View Post

I am not sure what you are talking about. You brought up those trails so I don't follow your tangent
I did not bring up the Katy trail. The last page or two are based as a vs.

Old 01-08-2021, 06:17 PM

4,775 posts, read 8,840,928 times
The whole Atlanta Beltline development is screaming DFW.

Last edited by Exult.Q36; 01-08-2021 at 06:26 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City