Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2023, 08:28 PM

655 posts, read 1,060,595 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKafrican1 View Post
They already sell a lot of high end brands there. Its not that far behind bloomies in terms of what it offers. They just don’t have a lot of the licensed boutiques like bloomies.
I took a quick spin through the Bloomies flagship recently and was amazed at the number of boutiques on the 2nd/3rd/4th floors (womens). My friend wanted a nice casual dress and everything is grouped by dedicated brand boutiques now. Looks nice but seems a bit hard to shop that way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2023, 06:11 AM

9,380 posts, read 9,335,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ainsley1999 View Post
^^Agreed on menswear. Barneys made excellent black tote bags with military touch. And their lightweight cashmere sweaters are so fine and well-made they last more than 15 yrs!

cpmop is Barneys on Madison & 61st still empty? What is it now? I had moved away and never went “up there” even when flying back.

We often said “In Barneys We Trust”.
The building was used for a Louis Vuitton trunk show in 2021 and then was taken over by "Art House", an art exhibition center. It is being utilized and open to the public for various events and exhibitions. I have not been in the building since it closed though.

The Chelsea store on 7th Avenue is still vacant and sad looking though.

https://gothamtogo.com/art-house-to-...adison-avenue/

Separately, I think Saks (or the parent company) owns the rights to Barney's now? Not sure if that helps or hurts the chances of the store returning one day. I doubt it will return, but you never know, look at Century 21 downtown!

Old 05-24-2023, 07:09 AM

14,175 posts, read 9,064,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpomp View Post
The building was used for a Louis Vuitton trunk show in 2021 and then was taken over by "Art House", an art exhibition center. It is being utilized and open to the public for various events and exhibitions. I have not been in the building since it closed though.

The Chelsea store on 7th Avenue is still vacant and sad looking though.

https://gothamtogo.com/art-house-to-...adison-avenue/

Separately, I think Saks (or the parent company) owns the rights to Barney's now? Not sure if that helps or hurts the chances of the store returning one day. I doubt it will return, but you never know, look at Century 21 downtown!
Is Century 21 back in business?

If so, it's time I went up to NYC to do some shopping. Maybe they might get back to the point where they return to Philadelphia.

Old 05-24-2023, 08:55 AM

497 posts, read 352,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post
Is Century 21 back in business?

If so, it's time I went up to NYC to do some shopping. Maybe they might get back to the point where they return to Philadelphia.
The downtown store is back!

Old 05-24-2023, 05:22 PM

44 posts, read 29,469 times
Miami-based multi-retailer The Webster expanding in New Jersey (Hackensack), Atlanta (Lenox Square), and Austin (The Domain)

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/expa...190000921.html

Old 05-24-2023, 07:27 PM

36,658 posts, read 67,519,268 times
From the online WSJ today-an article titled:
The Luxury Shopping Oasis Emerging in San Francisco’s Struggling Downtown
Foot traffic is down 27% in the district, but tourists are visiting high-end stores

Anyhow,

Quote:
Coco Republic, H&M, Abercrombie & Fitch and Crate & Barrel are among the retailers that have announced plans to close stores in and around Union Square. Obviously it's tragic that Nordstrom is leaving but there is still quite a bit of expansion going on in the very highest echelon of retailers.

But tourism is close to prepandemic levels in San Francisco, and many tourists are visiting the growing number of luxury stores in Union Square, as are wealthy shoppers.

High-end retailers including jeweler Van Cleef & Arpels, watchmaker Patek Philippe, Chanel, Saint Laurent, Bottega Veneta and Brunello Cucinelli have opened new stores, expanded, or announced plans to do so.
https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-lux...wntown-35ad89e

Hopefully this will increase and more locals will go back to the downtown for shopping.

Old 05-25-2023, 04:21 AM

254 posts, read 114,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Living Colour View Post
Miami-based multi-retailer The Webster expanding in New Jersey (Hackensack), Atlanta (Lenox Square), and Austin (The Domain)

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/expa...190000921.html

The Webster reminds me of Dover street Market in NYC. We have the Webster also but Dover street market is everything.

Old 05-25-2023, 08:01 PM

484 posts, read 871,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKafrican1 View Post
The Webster reminds me of Dover street Market in NYC. We have the Webster also but Dover street market is everything.
Speaking of Dover Street Market, they have only 2 locations in the US - NYC and LA.

Old 05-25-2023, 11:05 PM

497 posts, read 352,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmykem View Post
Speaking of Dover Street Market, they have only 2 locations in the US - NYC and LA.
They only have 6 or 7 stores in the entire world...

Old 05-26-2023, 02:42 PM

5,464 posts, read 5,709,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
From the online WSJ today-an article titled:
The Luxury Shopping Oasis Emerging in San Francisco’s Struggling Downtown
Foot traffic is down 27% in the district, but tourists are visiting high-end stores

Anyhow,

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-lux...wntown-35ad89e

Hopefully this will increase and more locals will go back to the downtown for shopping.
This is good news for SF.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City