Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2020, 07:24 PM

9,848 posts, read 6,566,773 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1070 View Post
I thought True Religion had closed most of it's stores. If a brand like that is included then that opens up options for Paige, Frame, 7 for all Mankind, Rodd & Gunn, Scotch & Soda, Billy Reid, etc.
I would add frame before I add true religion. Not that I prefer Frame. Nor is frame as trendy as true religion. But price point matters. What makes these brands high ends is exclusivity and obtainability. It’s almost weird seeing robin’s Jean on the list considering it’s a whole different genre than the rest of these but like I mentioned, any brand that can survive selling $400+ Jeans deserves a place here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2020, 08:01 PM

People are suggestion stores already on the list. Here's the list again so you can see what's on

Quote:
Isabel Marant? Audemars Piguet, Byredo, Longchamp, Maje, Joie
Lifestyle brands like: Trina Turk, Veronica Beard, Ted Baker, Rebecca Taylor, Stuart Weitzman, Eileen Fisher, MCM, Sam Edelman
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaguaneroSwag View Post
Alexander McQueen is already on the list. I’m Not adding true religion. It’s not in the same class.
Isabela Morant and Audemars easily in. Byredo and Longchamp, I wouldn't agree. Make and Joie are in though. The lifestyle brands you mentioned, I don't really agree on fitting this list. Any opinions on these?

Updated list

Brands

ACNE Studios
Akris
Alexander McQueen
Audemars Piguet
Bacarát
Balancinga
Balmain
Berluti
Bironi
Botega Veneta
Bottega Venetta
Breitling
Brunel Cucineli
Burberry
Bvlgari/Bulgari
Canali
Carolina Herrera
Carolina Herrera CH
Cartier
Celine
Chanel
Chopard
Chrisfofl
Christian Louboutin
David Yurman
De beers
Dior
Dolce & Gabbana
Etro
Faberge
Fendi
Gianvito Rossi
Giorgio Armani
Giuseppe Zanoti
Givenchy
Golden Goose
Goyard
Graff
Gucci
Harry Winston
Hermès
Hublot
If&Co
Isabel Marant
Jimmy Choo
Johnny Dang & Co
John Hardy
John Lobb
Joie
Kenzo
La Perla
Lanvin
Loewe
Loro Piana
Louis Vuitton
Maje
Marc Jacobs
MaxMara
Moncler
Montblanc
MontBlanc
Moreau
Moynat
Omega
Panerai
Patek Phillipe
Patou
Prada
Pronovias
Pucci
Richard Miles
Rimowa
Robin's Jeans
Rolex
Saint Bernard
Salvatore Ferragamo
Sandro Paris
Stefano Ricci
Stella McCartney
Tag Huer
Theory
Tiffany's
Tom Ford
Valentino
Van Cleef & Arps
Versace
Yves Saint Laurent
Zadig & Voltaire
Zegna
Zimmermann

Department Stores

Bloomingdales
Neiman Marcus
Nordstrom
Saks Fifth Ave
International Shoppes

Car dealerships

Aston Martin
Bentley
McLaren
Bugatti
Ferrari
Rolls Royce

Old 12-09-2020, 10:25 PM

Made it through from ACNE studios to Graff. I skipped over Carolina Herrera. Also removed Ferregamo, that one is doubled with Salvatore Ferregamo.

Giuseppe Zanoti appears to have closed most of their USA stores... Any idea what's going on there? I went ahead and put that one on pause until I see what's going on there.

Brand presence so far (not including multiple locations). So far cities with more than 10 locations

1. New York - 33
2. Los Angeles - 31 (guess the 2 that it misses from NY)
3. Miami 31 (guess the 2 it misses from NY)
4. Houston - 25
5. Vegas - 24
6. Dallas 20
7. SF - 20
8. Chicago 17
9. DC - 16
10. Boston - 15
11. Atlanta - 14
12. Honolulu 13

Las Vegas would be fourth by number of boutiques, because on many of these, it has multiple stores of the same brand unlike Houston and all other cities that aren't top 3. I expect Vegas to still end up top 4.

Any questions regarding "what's missing for __" or "what does __ city have that __ city is missing", go ahead. And feel free to add brands if needed. I'll try to do as many more as I can.

Last edited by ParaguaneroSwag; 12-09-2020 at 11:45 PM..

Old 12-09-2020, 10:37 PM

2,539 posts, read 2,310,407 times
I think this thread is getting silly at. this point.

The top 10 largest metros in the USA.

All have some very high end brands and shopping.

The metros below are not all the top ten, but have solid high end shopping.

NYC
CHI
LA
DC
BOS
PHL
SEA
Scottsdale
ATL
LV
MIA

I think are the true top contenders tbh.

I guess Dallas too.

Outside of this. You have pockets of fake money. Which honestly Vegas is that for me. Because the Vegas metro in no way supports those high end stores. It is 100% from the tourist, and most of the stores are simply advertisements and sell very little merchandise. Which is a fact..

I doubt no one on this thread is spending 10,000 a month at Neiman Marcus. LMAO

Old 12-09-2020, 11:33 PM

20,512 posts, read 33,513,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rowhomecity View Post

NYC
CHI
LA
DC
BOS
PHL
SEA
Scottsdale
ATL
LV
MIA

I guess Dallas too.

Outside of this. You have pockets of fake money. Which honestly Vegas is that for me. Because the Vegas metro in no way supports those high end stores. It is 100% from the tourist, and most of the stores are simply advertisements and sell very little merchandise. Which is a fact..

None of that I guess Dallas. Dallas and Houston absolutely belongs in that list as well.

Old 12-10-2020, 06:07 AM

21,627 posts, read 12,718,846 times
You have Bloomingdales and Nordstrom but not True religion? Doesn’t seem right...I get it but idk seems not right Nordstrom has Rack attached to it and both those stores go so heavy on the sales

Last edited by BostonBornMassMade; 12-10-2020 at 06:24 AM..

Old 12-10-2020, 06:33 AM

9,818 posts, read 7,919,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBornMassMade View Post
You have Bloomingdales and Nordstrom but not True religion? Doesn’t seem right...I get it but idk seems not right Nordstrom has Rack attached to it and both those stores go so heavy on the sales
Actually, Nordstrom usually only has a few sales a year. Their big men's sale is only every June. And Rack is totally separate, just like Off Fifth for Saks and Last Call for Neiman Marcus. Some of these outlets exist in Metro's that don't have their full line stores as well.

Old 12-10-2020, 07:09 AM

8,302 posts, read 5,696,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rowhomecity View Post

NYC
CHI
LA
DC
BOS
PHL
SEA
Scottsdale
ATL
LV
MIA

I guess Dallas too.

Agreed with the bolded, and LOL at your last sentence. I've never even stepped foot inside a Neiman Marcus.

The thread was fun at first, but the OP has just been talking to themselves for the past several pages.

And not so subtly, they seem to be peforming all sorts of mental gymnastics to boost Houston (at one point putting its shopping on the same level as Chicago, LMAO!).

Old 12-10-2020, 07:19 AM

21,627 posts, read 12,718,846 times
Quote:
I thought True Religion had closed most of it's stores. If a brand like that is included then that opens up options for Paige, Frame, 7 for all Mankind, Rodd & Gunn, Scotch & Soda, Billy Reid, etc.
Yea I’m looking... it looks like they’re going out of business tbh. Crazy sales and the price point is way lower than 2012/13. I used to think of them as the same as Robins Jeans.

Their Boston store is closed.

Old 12-10-2020, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBornMassMade View Post
Saks has off 5th attached, Neiman has last calll. Those aren’t added in. I actually wasn’t going to add department stores at all, but others suggested it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by citidata18 View Post
Agreed with the bolded, and LOL at your last sentence. I've never even stepped foot inside a Neiman Marcus.

The thread was fun at first, but the OP has just been talking to themselves for the past several pages.

And not so subtly, they seem to be peforming all sorts of mental gymnastics to boost Houston (at one point putting its shopping on the same level as Chicago, LMAO!).
This is cap. Literally in the OP itself Chicago is a tier well above.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City