Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-17-2020, 08:23 PM

12,169 posts, read 8,021,713 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ne999 View Post
That would technically exclude Boston as well. Nordstrom’s are in natick, Burlington and Braintree
Oh wow I didnt even know Braintree had one. Dang. Isnt there a Nordstrom on Boylston?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2020, 08:28 PM

9,902 posts, read 6,602,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citidata18 View Post
Bloomingdales and Saks simply can't compete on Neiman's home turf. The brand loyalty is too strong.
I think Dallas has grown enough to support a Saks today. Even with that brand loyalty. The new generation Saks are lit!

Old 12-18-2020, 10:10 AM

1,803 posts, read 936,473 times
I see brand loyalty more prevalent then high-end department-store loyalty. Store loyalty when given choices in a city of a few like Nieman, Saks, Bloomies and may as well still add Macy's. Is more a OVER 40 crowd. Store loyalty was what many did in the past much more.

There is less exclusiveness for these department stores today and some owned by the same parent company anyway. You may have a brand,name stamped on it and of course designer loyalty. Still if you know it is in multiple stores? Do you really care which one today?

The more they all get the same and same items ..... the less story loyalty is reverlent. Few will visit a Big city downtown with these stores intact or Malls..... and their aim is one store as a loyal shopper. Them days are more over then not. Now going back decades..... that was common. You were this type store person and it was your choice waaay over the rest. These old rivalries are over for the loyal shopper for life. How many will survive though this new decade even..... sadly everyone is at risk. We know the old Lord and Taylor is moot. It was a very Loyal-for-Life type of store for many once.

Old 12-18-2020, 10:20 AM

21,637 posts, read 12,785,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by masssachoicetts View Post
Oh wow I didnt even know Braintree had one. Dang. Isnt there a Nordstrom on Boylston?
Nordstrom Rack

Old 12-18-2020, 10:12 PM

4,435 posts, read 6,307,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaguaneroSwag View Post
I think Dallas has grown enough to support a Saks today. Even with that brand loyalty. The new generation Saks are lit!
Saks could probably do well in the northern mid-cities area like Southlake. Nordstrom has been rumored to open in Southlake, but who knows what the plans are now with them closing some locations. I think Bloomingdales could do well in Dallas in the right location and store size. Central Dallas is saturated with two Neiman Marcus stores, Stanley Korshak (https://youtu.be/0Mcg2aeqAuE) and Forty Five Ten.

Between Neimans, Stanley Korshak and Forty Five Ten... Saks just didn't offer the same customer experience the Dallas bred stores have. Barney's NY struggled with that here too and ultimately failed. People want to have that personal shopper experience. People in Dallas are particularly fickle and will move on if they can find something better.

Last edited by R1070; 12-18-2020 at 10:20 PM..

Old 12-18-2020, 10:31 PM

3,332 posts, read 3,698,843 times
Reversly it would be interesting to see which cities have the most dollar stores..

Old 12-18-2020, 11:42 PM

4,435 posts, read 6,307,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebck120 View Post
Reversly it would be interesting to see which cities have the most dollar stores..
I always see a ton when I’m down in Houston. Those and Cricket wireless stores.

Old 12-19-2020, 01:38 AM

358 posts, read 621,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaguaneroSwag View Post
Cities with all 4 luxury department stores:
-Atlanta
-Boston
-Chicago
-DC
-Honolulu
-LA
-Miami
-NYC
-SF

Cities with 3
-Detroit (missing Bloomingdales)
-Houston (missing Bloomingdales)
-Philly (missing Nordstrom)
-Phoenix (missing Bloomingdales)
-San Antonio (missing Bloomingdales)
-San Diego (missing Saks)
-St Louis (missing Bloomingdales)
-Vegas (missing Bloomingdales)

Cities with 2
-Austin (Neiman Marcus and Nordstrom)
-Charlotte (Neiman Marcus and Nordstrom
-Cincinnati (Saks and Nordstrom)
-Dallas (Neiman Marcus and Nordstrom)
-Denver (Neiman Marcus and Nordstrom)
-Indianapolis (Saks and Nordstrom)
-Raleigh (Saks and Nordstrom)
-Tampa (Neiman Marcus and Nordstrom)
Also:
Cleveland (Nordstrom and Saks at Beachwood Place)
Columbus (OH) (Nordstrom at Easton and Saks at Polaris)

Old 12-19-2020, 06:05 AM

6,083 posts, read 10,706,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebck120 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by R1070 View Post
I always see a ton when I’m down in Houston. Those and Cricket wireless stores.
Houston actually has the most Dollar Trees by far
https://www.scrapehero.com/location-...%20Dollar-USA/

It also ranks #1 for 99 Cent Only stores lol.

Last edited by Mezter; 12-19-2020 at 06:17 AM..

Old 12-19-2020, 07:11 AM

4,344 posts, read 2,812,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mezter View Post
Houston actually has the most Dollar Trees by far
https://www.scrapehero.com/location-...%20Dollar-USA/

It also ranks #1 for 99 Cent Only stores lol.
That's my type of city.
Houston here I come.

But seriously, Houston is doing much much better than I thought it would in the tally of high end stores.
I don't think before the tally I would put it in the top 10, but it looks like it might be a strong contender.

But 99c only is more my speed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City