Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2021, 01:36 PM

7,409 posts, read 6,553,115 times

Advertisements

These are also likely the top 3 (worst case scenario, 3 of the top 4) “trophy” high end real estate ($20M+) metro markets in the country as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpomp View Post
Though Saks left Dallas, it wasn't indicative of a bad retail market, but more Saks couldn't gain a foothold in the land of Neiman Marcus, which has 3 full-line stores.

Dallas is still impressive with its line-up of international luxury brands and boutiques, BUT the point of the last few posts was showing that it's not in Miami's league, not now or probably ever.

NYC and to a lesser extent LA and Miami are international shopping & fashion destinations, anywhere else in the US is not, even if the area contains a lot of fancy stores.

Last edited by elchevere; 06-09-2021 at 01:51 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2021, 04:14 PM

1,376 posts, read 928,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpomp View Post
Though Saks left Dallas, it wasn't indicative of a bad retail market, but more Saks couldn't gain a foothold in the land of Neiman Marcus, which has 3 full-line stores.

Dallas is still impressive with its line-up of international luxury brands and boutiques, BUT the point of the last few posts was showing that it's not in Miami's league, not now or probably ever.

NYC and to a lesser extent LA and Miami are international shopping & fashion destinations, anywhere else in the US is not, even if the area contains a lot of fancy stores.
I would say Las Vegas is a destination. I went there this past weekend and there's 3-4 Hermes, numerous high-end watch boutiques all in a small confined area on the strip. The only thing missing for me was Goyard. Going by the languages I heard the vast majority of the shoppers were Chinese and Korean.

Last edited by ShenardL; 06-09-2021 at 04:55 PM..

Old 06-09-2021, 04:22 PM

626 posts, read 464,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rowhomecity View Post
That Philadelphia Ferrari dealership is still there, and considered to be the premier Ferrari dealership in the nation.

Wow who told you that?

Old 06-09-2021, 04:35 PM

Yeah, there are 43 authorized dealers in the US—CA has 8 followed by 6 in FL, 4 in NY (5 if you include Greenwich, CT) and 4 in TX; Philly area has 2. Not sure the top Philly dealer does better than the ones in CA or FL, unless the greater number of dealerships in those 2 states (or TX and NY) slice up the bigger pie.

https://www.ferrari.com/en-US/auto/dealers

Quote:
Originally Posted by popka View Post
Wow who told you that?

Old 06-09-2021, 04:39 PM

1,803 posts, read 935,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by popka View Post
Wow who told you that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by elchevere View Post
These are also likely the top 3 (worst case scenario, 3 of the top 4) “trophy” high end real estate ($20M+) metro markets in the country as well.
Not sure what is untrue? Easy look-up. Not sure why 2 people question things as a easy look-up. The LIST HIGH END RETAIL STORES does not have the thread mean any store be the top flagship in the Country as all are seen as Exclusive.

Just its websight does - Algar Ferrari, Philadelphia’s exclusive Ferrari dealer,Easy look-up. Ferrari Philadelphia authrorized dealership still is claiming its dealership is there AND is there for its PARTS DEPT.

https://algarferrari.com/store/parts/

From its Parts link.

- Algar Ferrari is the ONLINE Ferrari parts source in North America with over 75,000 Genuine Ferrari Parts in-stock and on-premises ranging from vintage 1960s to current models.

- Algar Ferrari of Philadelphia’s parts department is one of the oldest in the country, and is now the largest online Authorized Ferrari Dealer parts store in the United States, shipping parts all over the world.

The Dealership link with showroom.

https://algarferrari.com/

1234 E Lancaster Ave. Bryn Mawr, PA 19010

Gives hours open and phone number.

Now WHAT YELP SAYS ...

https://www.yelp.com/biz/algar-ferra...phia-bryn-mawr
From Yelp.

- Algar Ferrari, Philadelphia's exclusive Ferrari dealer, is passionate about speed, performance and luxury. Algar is America's most storied Ferrari dealership, being one of the original importers of Ferrari in the US dating back to 1964.
For two years running, Algar Ferrari of Philadelphia is the #1 Rated After Sales Ferrari Dealership in the Americas.

APPARENTLY YELP is false? Should not take lil old me to find links.... Like Philly having this store makes Miami something less..... How many more do you need to claim your city is tops.....

Last edited by NoHyping; 06-09-2021 at 04:52 PM..

Old 06-09-2021, 04:46 PM

We were questioning whether it is THE premier Ferrari dealer in the US as was stated (and pointed out in bold type), not that it exists—yes/no/maybe?...did I not state in clear terms, and provide a link listing all authorized US dealers, that the Philly area had 2 dealerships? Maybe my English must be suffering from living in Miami or did I cause confusion by not spelling out Philadelphia in its entirety?

anyways, big difference between parts sales and new car sales; hence, our question. If it is not the # 1 volume dealer (it may or may not be), why is it the premier dealership—if so, has to be for a reason other than just parts and/or I would like to know what the criteria is based on. Not a stretch to think Beverly Hills, Manhasset/Long Island, Palm Beach, FtL or elsewhere could be the premier shop in the country based on volume.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoHyping View Post
Not sure what is untrue? Easy look-up. Not sure why 2 people question things as a easy look-up. The LIST HIGH END RETAIL STORES does not have the thread mean any store be the top flagship in the Country as all are seen as Exclusive.

Just its websight does - Algar Ferrari, Philadelphia’s exclusive Ferrari dealer,Easy look-up. Ferrari Philadelphia authrorized dealership still is claiming its dealership is there AND is there for its PARTS DEPT.

From its Parts link.

- Algar Ferrari is the ONLINE Ferrari parts source in North America with over 75,000 Genuine Ferrari Parts in-stock and on-premises ranging from vintage 1960s to current models.

- Algar Ferrari of Philadelphia’s parts department is one of the oldest in the country, and is now the largest online Authorized Ferrari Dealer parts store in the United States, shipping parts all over the world.

Last edited by elchevere; 06-09-2021 at 05:33 PM..

Old 06-09-2021, 05:15 PM

626 posts, read 464,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoHyping View Post

From its Parts link.

Now WHAT YELP SAYS ...

https://www.yelp.com/biz/algar-ferra...phia-bryn-mawr
From Yelp.

- Algar Ferrari, Philadelphia's exclusive Ferrari dealer, is passionate about speed, performance and luxury. Algar is America's most storied Ferrari dealership, being one of the original importers of Ferrari in the US dating back to 1964.
For two years running, Algar Ferrari of Philadelphia is the #1 Rated After Sales Ferrari Dealership in the Americas.

APPARENTLY YELP is false? Should not take lil old me to find links.... Like Philly having this store makes Miami something less..... How many more do you need to claim your city is tops.....

What are you even talking about buddy. No one was even talking to you. Oh you just needed to get your daily spam of unreadable crap out before bedtime?

Old 06-09-2021, 05:35 PM

1,676 posts, read 1,087,937 times
Quote:
Yeah, there are 43 authorized dealers in the US—CA has 8 followed by 6 in FL, 4 in NY (5 if you include Greenwich, CT) and 4 in TX; Philly area has 2. Not sure the top Philly dealer does better than the ones in CA or FL, unless the greater number of dealerships in those 2 states (or TX and NY) slice up the bigger pie.

https://www.ferrari.com/en-US/auto/dealers
7 if you include the two in NJ.

Old 06-10-2021, 07:10 AM

9,380 posts, read 9,338,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShenardL View Post
I would say Las Vegas is a destination. I went there this past weekend and there's 3-4 Hermes, numerous high-end watch boutiques all in a small confined area on the strip. The only thing missing for me was Goyard. Going by the languages I heard the vast majority of the shoppers were Chinese and Korean.
Vegas is quite impressive for its size and has no shortage of extremely high-end retail.

The difference (for me) is that NYC, LA, Miami are international fashion centers, beyond super lux retail. After those 3, its more just a competition of which metro has the most high-end stores.

Quote:
We were questioning whether it is THE premier Ferrari dealer in the US as was stated (and pointed out in bold type), not that it exists—yes/no/maybe?...did I not state in clear terms, and provide a link listing all authorized US dealers, that the Philly area had 2 dealerships? Maybe my English must be suffering from living in Miami or did I cause confusion by not spelling out Philadelphia in its entirety?

anyways, big difference between parts sales and new car sales; hence, our question. If it is not the # 1 volume dealer (it may or may not be), why is it the premier dealership—if so, has to be for a reason other than just parts and/or I would like to know what the criteria is based on. Not a stretch to think Beverly Hills, Manhasset/Long Island, Palm Beach, FtL or elsewhere could be the premier shop in the country based on volume.
I don't know why this became an argument (not pointing finger at you).

In the end, all of these metros are affluent and can certainly support high Ferrari sales, any location as #1 would not surprise me. And I don't think this component goes hand-in-hand with high-end shopping.

My only defense of RowHomeCity is that Algar Ferrari is located in the heart of the Main Line, so it shouldn't be any surprise if its car sales were on par with Beverly Hills, Palm Beach, etc.
Does that make it the premiere dealer? I have no idea...

(Things I do know: The oldest and most storied Ferrari locations are on the Main Line, Greenwich, and somewhere in NYC, not sure exact order. And the largest Ferrari dealership is in San Francisco).

Old 06-10-2021, 07:15 AM

12,164 posts, read 8,014,676 times
iirc, a new Ferrari Delear is suppoviely en route to both RDU and the City of Boston.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City