Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2021, 03:21 PM
_OT

2,183 posts, read 2,418,793 times

Advertisements

What kills Dallas for me is the lack urban street wear fashion clothing. (KITH, Supreme, Flight Club, etc.) I feel like that’s what separates cities like New York, LA, Miami… from Dallas, Atlanta, Boston and others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2021, 03:12 AM

36,658 posts, read 67,519,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _OT View Post
What kills Dallas for me is the lack urban street wear fashion clothing. (KITH, Supreme, Flight Club, etc.) I feel like that’s what separates cities like New York, LA, Miami… from Dallas, Atlanta, Boston and others.
Street clothing is very interesting and the top street clothes designers charge a lot for their apparel. High end should not just be what rich middle aged women wear and what the international tourists who flock to certain cities buy because they think that's what rich middle aged women are supposed to aspire to as far as being fashion savy.

Also, I'm surprised there isnt a Supreme store in Miami? Not yet at least.

https://www.supremenewyork.com/stores

Old 08-03-2021, 06:27 AM

7,409 posts, read 6,550,878 times
Doesn’t have a Supreme, but Miami does have Brazilian based Osklen (looks like the NYC store has permanently closed). Luxury lifestyle/streetwear and surfing brand that also focuses on eco-friendly fashion.

https://www.osklen.com/

I just became aware of the RHUDE brand, as I had an opportunity to meet and take a pic with Yankees star Aaron Judge who was wearing a T-shirt from that label this past weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Street clothing is very interesting and the top street clothes designers charge a lot for their apparel. High end should not just be what rich middle aged women wear and what the international tourists who flock to certain cities buy because they think that's what rich middle aged women are supposed to aspire to as far as being fashion savy.

Also, I'm surprised there isnt a Supreme store in Miami? Not yet at least.

https://www.supremenewyork.com/stores

Last edited by elchevere; 08-03-2021 at 07:00 AM..

Old 08-03-2021, 11:13 AM

4,435 posts, read 6,303,518 times
The soon to open boutiques for Rolex and Van Cleef & Arpels in Dallas will both be 2 story spaces with private viewing “salons” on the 2nd floors of each. Are there other locations of these stores with this concept?

Old 08-03-2021, 01:30 PM

10 posts, read 6,238 times
Louis Vuitton unveils first men's store in Texas in the Houston Galleria

Old 08-03-2021, 01:40 PM

4,435 posts, read 6,303,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSU2021 View Post
There was one at NorthPark in Dallas until recently when the LV store in that mall expanded to include a full men’s store. That space is now a Burberry Childrenswear boutique.

Old 08-03-2021, 02:22 PM

9,893 posts, read 6,589,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSU2021 View Post
I’ve known about this for a while but because I know some of their employees. Did they recently announce its opening to the public?

Old 08-03-2021, 02:29 PM

7,409 posts, read 6,550,878 times
Suppose we could add The Webster—luxury multi-brand retailer with outlets in SoFla (South Beach, Sawgrass and Bal Harbour), Houston, NYC and SoCal (South Coast Plaza, LA and Montecito).

https://thewebster.us/

Old 08-04-2021, 04:15 PM

169 posts, read 127,073 times
Meanwhile, still waiting on Denver’s and Orlando’s inclusion on this list.

Old 09-19-2021, 04:44 AM

83 posts, read 52,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _OT View Post
Dallas is top heavy luxury wise with three Neiman Marcus Department stores.
The interesting aspect of Dallas retail today is how the Uptown area in the vicinity of The Crescent and Harwood District and Knox-Henderson - both of these two areas centered around McKinney Avenue - are today growing to challenge the two top traditional heavyweighs of Highland Park Village and Northpark Center.
Knox Street is sizzling!
Of course, the primary question is whether any of the Neiman Marcus stores in Dallas will close. And another important question is what will become of the luxury district downtown anchored so impressively with the original downtown Neiman Marcus Department Store, the Joule Hotel, and the Forty-Five-Ten Department Store.
So, in Dallas, I count five luxury shopping centers/districts:

1) Highland Park Village
2) Northpark Center
3) The Crescent/Harwood District
4) Knox-Henderson
5) Downtown Dallas

All of these areas are entrenched quite soundly today especially when one considers how developer investment around The Crescent is skyrocketing. Knox-Henderson is said to enjoy the best location of the five. Where Neiman Marcus meets up with the Forty-Five-Ten downtown is a match for where Neiman Marcus meets up with Northpark Center. And, of course, as long as it continues getting fed by Love Field Airport, Highland Park Village will continue being Highland Park Village.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City