Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2022, 07:47 PM

9,680 posts, read 9,390,397 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
This is a comparison, where both places have their own drawing cards. I am intrigued by those pics of Victorian houses in Eureka, so I'll go with Eureka. If it was winter at the time I was vacationing I may be inclined to pick Lincoln, since I've never skiied before.

Two places in west Texas that both have local artwork that has been written about, before: Marfa, or Amarillo?
Amarillo due to its size and having more things to do. The Spanish Revival buildings are interesting.

Excelsior Springs, MO or Steubenville, WV?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2022, 03:54 PM

13,615 posts, read 7,927,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Excelsior Springs, MO or Steubenville, WV?
You must mean Steubenville, Ohio which is right on the border with WV.

I'd rather visit Excelsior Springs. I love that it has a brewery called Dubious Claims Brewing Company. Steubenville is a hole, and there's not much there to make it worth a trip; unless one has a fascination for urban blight and post-industrial decay.

Rich County, Utah or Meagher County, Montana?

Old 06-21-2022, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
You must mean Steubenville, Ohio which is right on the border with WV.

I'd rather visit Excelsior Springs. I love that it has a brewery called Dubious Claims Brewing Company. Steubenville is a hole, and there's not much there to make it worth a trip; unless one has a fascination for urban blight and post-industrial decay.

Rich County, Utah or Meagher County, Montana?
Correct. I would choose Rich County, UT. Bear Lake state park looks very serene.

Eau Claire, WI or Las Cruces, NM?

Old 06-21-2022, 05:18 PM

10,749 posts, read 23,813,296 times
Quote:
Correct. I would choose Rich County, UT. Bear Lake state park looks very serene.

Eau Claire, WI or Las Cruces, NM?
Las Cruces, so I can get my fix of green chile and the New Mexican food that I miss dearly. Nearby White Sands which is my ones of favorite desert landscapes in the Southwest. Up to Canada

Edmonton, Alberta or Winnipeg, Manitoba?

Old 06-23-2022, 12:04 AM

3,444 posts, read 3,372,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Champ le monstre du lac View Post
Las Cruces, so I can get my fix of green chile and the New Mexican food that I miss dearly. Nearby White Sands which is my ones of favorite desert landscapes in the Southwest. Up to Canada

Edmonton, Alberta or Winnipeg, Manitoba?
I thought I answered this comparison, already. But since I weirdly forgot to do so(lol that I have a habit of opening way too many tabs on my browser....), I'll go with Edmonton. Nothing against Winnipeg, but I think Edmonton is a little more interesting as far as it's museums go, and as far as potential things to do. The icing on the cake is when I looked up local Edmonton museums on google maps, I found a few streetcar/trolley/transit museums that looked interesting to me.

I'll bring road/highway comparisons back: anywhere on Florida Highway A1A along the FL Atlantic coast, or anywhere on California Highway 1 on the CA Pacific coast? And I'll encourage whoever answers this, to say if there's certain point(s) or town(s) along this highway you especially want to see.

Old 06-23-2022, 07:27 AM

13,615 posts, read 7,927,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
I'll bring road/highway comparisons back: anywhere on Florida Highway A1A along the FL Atlantic coast, or anywhere on California Highway 1 on the CA Pacific coast? And I'll encourage whoever answers this, to say if there's certain point(s) or town(s) along this highway you especially want to see.
Considering the fact that I lived here, about 1/3 of a mile from A1A for much of my childhood, I have driven many stretches of A1A many times all up and down the state. I've never been to the West Coast, so I'd pick California Highway 1. As far as points and towns I'd like to see; Half Moon Bay, Monterey, the Carmelite Monastery of Our Lady and St. Therese, Big Sur, the Hearst Castle, San Luis Obispo, and tons of sites in the LA area.

Places I'd recommend checking out along the northern portion of A1A include: Amelia Island/Fernandina Beach, Anastasia Island/St. Augustine Beach, Marineland, Washington Oaks State Park, and the Loop.

With the 4th of July holiday coming up, would you rather spend it in Bristol, Rhode Island or Huntington Beach, California?

Old 06-23-2022, 10:40 AM

755 posts, read 570,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
Considering the fact that I lived here, about 1/3 of a mile from A1A for much of my childhood, I have driven many stretches of A1A many times all up and down the state. I've never been to the West Coast, so I'd pick California Highway 1. As far as points and towns I'd like to see; Half Moon Bay, Monterey, the Carmelite Monastery of Our Lady and St. Therese, Big Sur, the Hearst Castle, San Luis Obispo, and tons of sites in the LA area.

Places I'd recommend checking out along the northern portion of A1A include: Amelia Island/Fernandina Beach, Anastasia Island/St. Augustine Beach, Marineland, Washington Oaks State Park, and the Loop.

With the 4th of July holiday coming up, would you rather spend it in Bristol, Rhode Island or Huntington Beach, California?
I'll go with Bristol, RI this time. While I do prefer living the Huntington Beach area & LA over Bristol & Providence, for a quick weekend getaway Bristol is easier to get to & takes less time to go to Providence than Huntington Beach takes to get to LA. Less traffic, & probably cheaper as well. Plus I've never been to much of New England or Rhode Island so my curiosity drives this choice as well.

Merced, CA or State College, PA?

Old 06-23-2022, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASJackson814 View Post
I'll go with Bristol, RI this time. While I do prefer living the Huntington Beach area & LA over Bristol & Providence, for a quick weekend getaway Bristol is easier to get to & takes less time to go to Providence than Huntington Beach takes to get to LA. Less traffic, & probably cheaper as well. Plus I've never been to much of New England or Rhode Island so my curiosity drives this choice as well.

Merced, CA or State College, PA?
State College looks like a nice town. It looks more urban and less focused on agriculture. I would like to visit Penn State and the Arboretum.

Columbia, MO or Huntsville, AL?

Old 06-24-2022, 05:56 PM

3,887 posts, read 2,199,041 times
Quote:
State College looks like a nice town. It looks more urban and less focused on agriculture. I would like to visit Penn State and the Arboretum.

Columbia, MO or Huntsville, AL?
Huntsville. I've never been there. Lake Havasu City AZ or Hot Springs ARK?

Old 06-25-2022, 01:27 PM

3,444 posts, read 3,372,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
Huntsville. I've never been there. Lake Havasu City AZ or Hot Springs ARK?
Probably Hot Springs, since this town does have some history. I've heard a few opinions that some didn't like that town, but to me I'd like to see it for once myself. And since I wonder how well the hiking is like, within the national park that is in this area. Lake Havasu, I get the sense is a newer town that is more like a planned residential and 2nd house community. Although I think it's interesting a bridge that was built over the namesake lake, was moved and rebuilt there which used to be in London, England.

Saint Francisville, LA, or Ocean Springs, MS?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City