Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2022, 10:13 AM

3,883 posts, read 2,194,795 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
I suppose Harrisburg, since it's more populated if talking about JUST these 2 cities alone. Saint George strikes me more as a residential place, with not a lot to offer visitors and tourists. Though I'm sure it'd be fine(or anywhere else) in southwest Utah to stay in, if you wanted to visit Zion National Park or any other state parks and national parks in that area.

Lake Superior comparison: any of the Apostle Islands in northwest Wisconsin(and north of Ashland), or Tahquamenon Falls State Park in the Upper Peninsula?
Upper Peninsula. I've always wanted to visit that area. Guadalupe Mountains National Park Tx about 86 miles east of El Paso. It contains Guadalupe Peak, the highest peak in Tx at 8,742 ft or Black Mesa State Park in the far western part of the Oklahoma panhandle and contains Oklahoma's highest peak, Black Mesa, at 4,973 ft?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2022, 11:32 AM

3,444 posts, read 3,368,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
Upper Peninsula. I've always wanted to visit that area. Guadalupe Mountains National Park Tx about 86 miles east of El Paso. It contains Guadalupe Peak, the highest peak in Tx at 8,742 ft or Black Mesa State Park in the far western part of the Oklahoma panhandle and contains Oklahoma's highest peak, Black Mesa, at 4,973 ft?
I have this weird feeling I'd probably prefer Guadalupe Mountains National Park over Black Mesa State Park, so that for me. I'm sure I'd check out Black Mesa though, IF I was passing through that area.

Less visited national parks: Great Basin National Park in Nevada, or Theodore Roosevelt National Park in North Dakota?

Old 07-02-2022, 11:29 AM

16,553 posts, read 10,614,216 times
Quote:
I have this weird feeling I'd probably prefer Guadalupe Mountains National Park over Black Mesa State Park, so that for me. I'm sure I'd check out Black Mesa though, IF I was passing through that area.

Less visited national parks: Great Basin National Park in Nevada, or Theodore Roosevelt National Park in North Dakota?
Theodore Roosevelt NP honestly didn't really impress me that much when I visited a couple of years ago. Not that it's not interesting in its own way, but I didn't think it rose to the level of being a national park. I've never seen Great Basin NP and I think it'd be interesting to check it out. For some reason, I regard the concept of a place not being able to be drained to the ocean to be intriguing.

Anyplace along U.S. 17 or anyplace along U.S. 2?

Old 07-03-2022, 05:07 PM

9,679 posts, read 9,380,908 times
U.S. 2 for being more unique. I want to visit Duluth, MN and Burlington, VT. They look nice.

Charlotte, NC or Portland, OR?

Old 07-04-2022, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
U.S. 2 for being more unique. I want to visit Duluth, MN and Burlington, VT. They look nice.

Charlotte, NC or Portland, OR?
Portland only because I've never been. Atlanta or Miami?

Old 07-04-2022, 03:51 PM

3,444 posts, read 3,368,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
Portland only because I've never been. Atlanta or Miami?
Miami, since I've never been there. And I'd like to try the Cuban food, in Miami for myself. I've been to Atlanta numerous times before, but not Miami.

Houston, or Dallas?

Old 07-05-2022, 12:32 PM

8,977 posts, read 17,281,075 times
Quote:
Miami, since I've never been there. And I'd like to try the Cuban food, in Miami for myself. I've been to Atlanta numerous times before, but not Miami.

Houston, or Dallas?
Dallas I guess? Neither would be my first choice if I was going to Texas, but Dallas was featured on an episode of Freakonomics so I've been curious to visit some time. I have friends in the Houston area, and while they like living there, they don't really describe a place I'm itching to visit.

Denver CO or Calgary AB

Old 07-05-2022, 02:14 PM

10,745 posts, read 23,804,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
Dallas I guess? Neither would be my first choice if I was going to Texas, but Dallas was featured on an episode of Freakonomics so I've been curious to visit some time. I have friends in the Houston area, and while they like living there, they don't really describe a place I'm itching to visit.

Denver CO or Calgary AB
Been to Denver more times than I can count, and it's fun because one of my good friends lives there; but I've seen enough of the Front Range already. I'd pick Calgary since I've never been. It doesn't seem particularly exciting as a city and more of a workaday white collar oil/energy town, but the province of Alberta looks very scenic, wouldn't mind doing a ranch vacation there and seeing the Canadian Rockies.

Prince Edward Island or Vancouver Island?

Old 07-06-2022, 07:07 AM

6,071 posts, read 9,095,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Champ le monstre du lac View Post
Been to Denver more times than I can count, and it's fun because one of my good friends lives there; but I've seen enough of the Front Range already. I'd pick Calgary since I've never been. It doesn't seem particularly exciting as a city and more of a workaday white collar oil/energy town, but the province of Alberta looks very scenic, wouldn't mind doing a ranch vacation there and seeing the Canadian Rockies.

Prince Edward Island or Vancouver Island?
I'm going to go with Vancouver Island. From an outsiders perspective, it appears to have more to do and better scenery. I could be wrong, but I could also visit Vancouver and/or Seattle at the same time.

Snowshoe, WV or Killington, VT?

Old 07-07-2022, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriscross309 View Post
I'm going to go with Vancouver Island. From an outsiders perspective, it appears to have more to do and better scenery. I could be wrong, but I could also visit Vancouver and/or Seattle at the same time.

Snowshoe, WV or Killington, VT?
Snowshoe. Wyoming has always been interesting to me. Mall battle: Aventura Mall in Aventura FL or King of Prussia Mall in King of Prussia PA?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City