Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-01-2021, 06:59 PM

16,554 posts, read 10,621,516 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penna76 View Post
Pocono Mts, PA or Morgantown, WV?
Quote:
Originally Posted by FSUMike View Post
I'd rather visit Morgantown only because I've been to the Poconos multiple times - never been to Morgantown.
Morgantown is a pleasant city in a very attractive natural setting, but I would say that it doesn't have nearly as much for a vacationer to do than the Poconos do. That said, I'd encourage a visit to Morgantown; I think it's worth seeing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penna76 View Post
Ocean City, NJ or Ocean City, MD?
The one in New Jersey, by far. OCNJ is a clean, pleasant, rather wholesome place, great for a family vacation. OCMD is built up and way overcrowded during the summer. Also, the southern part of it draws a rough element on summer weekends.

Juneau, AK or Hilo, HI?

Last edited by bus man; 01-01-2021 at 07:16 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2021, 07:44 AM
sub

4,963 posts, read 3,754,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
Morgantown is a pleasant city in a very attractive natural setting, but I would say that it doesn't have nearly as much for a vacationer to do than the Poconos do. That said, I'd encourage a visit to Morgantown; I think it's worth seeing.

The one in New Jersey, by far. OCNJ is a clean, pleasant, rather wholesome place, great for a family vacation. OCMD is built up and way overcrowded during the summer. Also, the southern part of it draws a rough element on summer weekends.

Juneau, AK or Hilo, HI?
Juneau. Always wanted to go there. If someone gave me free tickets to Hawaii, however, no arm twisting would be necessary.

Voyageurs National Park or Badlands National Park?

Old 01-03-2021, 01:47 PM

1,732 posts, read 1,892,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sub View Post
Juneau. Always wanted to go there. If someone gave me free tickets to Hawaii, however, no arm twisting would be necessary.

Voyageurs National Park or Badlands National Park?
Ah this is Easy (imo, as some may prefer the lakes) Badlands is Spectacular! Stripped Mountains , the Mountains with Formations on top , it looks like something straight out of a Star Wars movie. nice water features islands and lakes in Voyageurs but Badlands takes this, and it's also more convenient since you don't have to take a boat to get to the Badlands like you have to do to get to Voyageurs

Six flags over Texas or Six Flags over Georgia

Last edited by BlueRedTide; 01-03-2021 at 01:56 PM..

Old 01-04-2021, 10:57 AM

13,611 posts, read 7,927,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRedTide View Post
Six flags over Texas or Six Flags over Georgia
My roller coaster days are long over. I would have loved to visit either 20 years ago. Now, not so much. I'll pick the one in Georgia because it's bigger, so there's a better chance of it having something of interest to me, lol.

Galena, Illinois or Beacon, New York?

Old 01-04-2021, 05:09 PM

1,732 posts, read 1,892,864 times
Quote:
My roller coaster days are long over. I would have loved to visit either 20 years ago. Now, not so much. I'll pick the one in Georgia because it's bigger, so there's a better chance of it having something of interest to me, lol.

Galena, Illinois or Beacon, New York?
Beacon, more interesting history and attractions, like it's location better

Would you Rather visit North Carolina or South Carolina

Old 01-04-2021, 07:40 PM

16,554 posts, read 10,621,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRedTide View Post
Beacon, more interesting history and attractions, like it's location better

Would you Rather visit North Carolina or South Carolina
That's a toughie, because I like them both. But I'm going to give the nod to South Carolina. I could spend a week just soaking up the graceful ambiance of Charleston, and a couple of other days across the river scoping out the Yorktown and the other ships at Patriots Point. I've only passed through Greenville, but I liked what I saw enough that I'd like to go back and actually visit it. And Myrtle Beach is fun for some mini golf.

Fargo, ND or Sioux City, SD?

Old 01-05-2021, 04:49 AM

10,749 posts, read 23,813,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
That's a toughie, because I like them both. But I'm going to give the nod to South Carolina. I could spend a week just soaking up the graceful ambiance of Charleston, and a couple of other days across the river scoping out the Yorktown and the other ships at Patriots Point. I've only passed through Greenville, but I liked what I saw enough that I'd like to go back and actually visit it. And Myrtle Beach is fun for some mini golf.

Fargo, ND or Sioux City, SD?
Fargo, since I've been to South Dakota and North Dakota is one of five states I haven't been to yet. Since we're talking about vacations, if you had Rapid City, SD vs Fargo, ND then I easily would have gone with South Dakota for sure, the Black Hills are amazing. Do people vacation in Sioux Falls?

Would you rather visit Rhode Island or Delaware?

Last edited by Champ le monstre du lac; 01-05-2021 at 04:58 AM..

Old 01-05-2021, 07:18 AM

13,611 posts, read 7,927,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Champ le monstre du lac View Post
Would you rather visit Rhode Island or Delaware?
I love Rhode Island, but I've already explored it quite thoroughly, even as recently as 2019. I've only ever driven through Delaware. I'll pick Delaware because it's more unknown to me. I'd like to check out its beaches anyway.

Apalachicola, Florida (oysters) or Crisfield, Maryland (crabs)?

Old 01-05-2021, 09:23 AM

6,772 posts, read 4,515,450 times
Quote:
I love Rhode Island, but I've already explored it quite thoroughly, even as recently as 2019. I've only ever driven through Delaware. I'll pick Delaware because it's more unknown to me. I'd like to check out its beaches anyway.

Apalachicola, just because it's in FL. One of my favorite places to visit.

Austin, TX or Memphis, TN?

Old 01-05-2021, 03:51 PM

10,749 posts, read 23,813,296 times
Quote:
Crisfield, MD

Crisfield, I LOVE Maryland crab cakes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by march2 View Post
Apalachicola, just because it's in FL. One of my favorite places to visit.

Austin, TX or Memphis, TN?
Not an easy choice actually, I've been to Austin already, would gladly go again since that was 12 years ago. I'm sorta curious about Memphis and never been. I would like to have the BBQ. But the BBQ in Austin is amazing too and I'd be more interested in seeing more of the Hill Country vs the Delta. Austin it is.

Mystic/SE Connecticut shore or the Berkshire hills in Western Mass?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City