Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2022, 07:44 PM

1,732 posts, read 1,891,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
They both look very nice. For whatever weird reason to me, Gros Morne looks a little Glacier National Park/Waterton Lakes National Park(Montana/Alberta)-esque, as well! I guess I'd pick Cape Breton, since I'd like to see the coastline of northern Nova Scotia for myself.

Saint John, New Brunswick, or Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island?

Saint John Looks Bigger and More Developed. They both Have Deep and Rich Colonial Histories and Beaches! nearby

Grapevine Texas or Goodyear Arizona
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2022, 10:22 PM

1,098 posts, read 901,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRedTide View Post
Saint John Looks Bigger and More Developed. They both Have Deep and Rich Colonial Histories and Beaches! nearby

Grapevine Texas or Goodyear Arizona
Both seem pretty uneventful. Give me a nice air bnb on or near lake Grapevine. I’ll figure out how to have a great time

Cozy log cabin rental near Mt. Washington, NH vs a nice Air BnB near Twin Peaks, SF, CA

Old 08-02-2022, 07:32 AM

13,611 posts, read 7,927,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame22 View Post
Cozy log cabin rental near Mt. Washington, NH vs a nice Air BnB near Twin Peaks, SF, CA
I'll take either one; but right now I'd pick San Francisco. It's a city I'd love to check out, and I've never been to the West Coast.

Brooksville, Florida or DeLand, Florida?

Old 08-02-2022, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
I'll take either one; but right now I'd pick San Francisco. It's a city I'd love to check out, and I've never been to the West Coast.

Brooksville, Florida or DeLand, Florida?
Brooksville, FL. Not many beaches in the immediate area but maybe some cool nature preserves to check out. I worked a summer in the DeLand - Daytona beach region and it wasn’t my favorite. Don’t think I’d like Brooksville a ton either, but I’d check it out. You could also easily take a day trip to the Tampa area

Monterrey, CA vs Portland, ME

Old 08-02-2022, 04:44 PM

3,444 posts, read 3,372,483 times
Quote:
Brooksville, FL. Not many beaches in the immediate area but maybe some cool nature preserves to check out. I worked a summer in the DeLand - Daytona beach region and it wasn’t my favorite. Don’t think I’d like Brooksville a ton either, but I’d check it out. You could also easily take a day trip to the Tampa area

Monterrey, CA vs Portland, ME
Tough call. Both places seem like they'd be interesting to visit, to me. As I've never been to Maine period, but have been to northern California once(including SF), I'll pick Portland.

For the above one I wanted to answer but unfortunately forgot to do my post in time, I would've picked Goodyear over Grapevine. Since the Estrella Mountain Regional Park, seems like it'd be fun to hike through.

Astoria, OR, or Portsmouth, NH?

Old 08-02-2022, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Tough call. Both places seem like they'd be interesting to visit, to me. As I've never been to Maine period, but have been to northern California once(including SF), I'll pick Portland.

For the above one I wanted to answer but unfortunately forgot to do my post in time, I would've picked Goodyear over Grapevine. Since the Estrella Mountain Regional Park, seems like it'd be fun to hike through.

I’d never turn down a trip to the Oregon coastal region,, especially in the late summer or early fall. I’m pretty sure I’ve been to Portsmouth, NH on a family vacation and then over to Kittery, ME. Wouldn’t be disappointed with either location, but Astoria, final answer.

Pittsburgh, PA vs. Milwaukee, WI

Old 08-02-2022, 09:54 PM

2,337 posts, read 2,284,327 times
Quote:

Astoria. I’ve been to Portsmouth and liked it a lot! It’s small though and I’ve seen it all. I haven’t been to Astoria and would like to go.

Sticking with east coast vs west coast…

Port Townsend, WA vs St. Simons Island, GA

Old 08-03-2022, 07:14 AM

13,611 posts, read 7,927,714 times
Quote:
Pittsburgh, PA vs. Milwaukee, WI
Pittsburgh. I visited it for the first time a few years ago and was very impressed. I'd love to go back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL_Expert View Post
Port Townsend, WA vs St. Simons Island, GA
Port Townsend. I do love St. Simons Island, but I've never been to the West Coast.

For cyclists:

Would you rather bike the Palatka-to-Lake Butler Trail or Blackwater Heritage State Trail?

Old 08-03-2022, 09:04 PM

3,887 posts, read 2,199,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
Pittsburgh. I visited it for the first time a few years ago and was very impressed. I'd love to go back.

Port Townsend. I do love St. Simons Island, but I've never been to the West Coast.

For cyclists:

Would you rather bike the Palatka-to-Lake Butler Trail or Blackwater Heritage State Trail?
Blackwater sounds cool. Battle of the North American peaks. Canada's Mount Logan in the Yukon or Alaska's Mount Denali?

Old 08-08-2022, 07:24 PM

1,732 posts, read 1,891,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
Blackwater sounds cool. Battle of the North American peaks. Canada's Mount Logan in the Yukon or Alaska's Mount Denali?
Alaska's Mount Denali. Heard much about it, not as familiar with Mt Logan, Canada's Highest. But Denali is even Bigger. and Denali National Park looks worth exploring so I'll go with that

Dallas Georgia or Atlanta Texas (didnt make a mistake, yes you read that right )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City