Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2022, 12:46 PM

3,887 posts, read 2,199,041 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRedTide View Post
Alaska's Mount Denali. Heard much about it, not as familiar with Mt Logan, Canada's Highest. But Denali is even Bigger. and Denali National Park looks worth exploring so I'll go with that

Dallas Georgia or Atlanta Texas (didnt make a mistake, yes you read that right )
Dallas. It's near Atlanta and a ton of attractions. Sidenote: I grew up just 20 miles north of Atlanta in Texarkana. Atlanta TX was actually founded by people from Atlanta GA and named after it. Columbus GA or Augusta GA?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2022, 01:07 PM

420 posts, read 303,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
Dallas. It's near Atlanta and a ton of attractions. Sidenote: I grew up just 20 miles north of Atlanta in Texarkana. Atlanta TX was actually founded by people from Atlanta GA and named after it. Columbus GA or Augusta GA?
Augusta, GA. It's home to the most famous Golf Tournament in the world, and it is very underrated imho.

Pittsburg, KS or Philadelphia, MS?

Old 08-11-2022, 04:35 PM

9,680 posts, read 9,390,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoliticsLover2003 View Post
Augusta, GA. It's home to the most famous Golf Tournament in the world, and it is very underrated imho.

Pittsburg, KS or Philadelphia, MS?
Pittsburg easily. This region is very underrated for its attractions and hospitality.

Spokane, WA or Park City, UT?

Old 08-11-2022, 08:10 PM

3,444 posts, read 3,372,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Pittsburg easily. This region is very underrated for its attractions and hospitality.

Spokane, WA or Park City, UT?
Spokane, since there's more to do around there. And I'd rather live near Washington and Idaho, over Utah.

Alexandria, KY, or Alexandria, LA?

Old 08-12-2022, 07:21 AM

13,611 posts, read 7,927,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
Alexandria, KY, or Alexandria, LA?
As standalone cities, the one in Louisiana offers a lot more as it's an actual city; while the one in Kentucky is just a distant and rural-feeling exurb of Cincinnati. I'd pick the one in Louisiana, unless I'm free to explore the entire metro area.

Augusta, Maine or Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada?

Old 08-12-2022, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
As standalone cities, the one in Louisiana offers a lot more as it's an actual city; while the one in Kentucky is just a distant and rural-feeling exurb of Cincinnati. I'd pick the one in Louisiana, unless I'm free to explore the entire metro area.

Augusta, Maine or Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada?
Fredericton. Would like to visit Canada. These are the oldest towns in Florida and Texas: Nacogdoches, Tx or St. Augustine FL?

Old 08-13-2022, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
Fredericton. Would like to visit Canada. These are the oldest towns in Florida and Texas: Nacogdoches, Tx or St. Augustine FL?
Nacogdoches I suspect isn't a bad town to visit, as heck I once Google street viewed it and it was nicer than I thought. That said as I'm a history buff, I will go with Saint Augustine. Since I'd love to see the buildings, that are centuries old and left over from when it was a Spanish settlement. Along with all the good Atlantic beaches, not far away.

Small towns that are mainly known, due to a beer brewery being based there: Abita Springs, LA, or Shiner, TX?

Old 08-14-2022, 07:20 AM

1,802 posts, read 1,952,089 times
Abita Springs, but that's mostly due to its proximity to New Orleans where you can try a much bigger selection of beers. Shiner is in no man's land between Houston and San Antonio, and doesn't have anything like a Lake Ponchentrain to enjoy a drive across. Its downtown doesn't have the best layout either, with a railroad dividing up its Main Street into two, with even the "better" side having lots of abandoned buildings outside of one block. Abita Springs doesn't really have much of a main street, but it has a neat little park next to that brewery and there's a cool bike/hiking trail that passes through. I'd wait until mid-October to visit due to climate/peak hurricane season though.

Artsy neighborhoods of megacities :

River North, Chicago or Williamsburg, Brooklyn? (and sorry, you can't visit anyplace else as a special rule to not turn this to a NYC vs. Chicago rule)

Old 08-14-2022, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borntoolate85 View Post
Abita Springs, but that's mostly due to its proximity to New Orleans where you can try a much bigger selection of beers. Shiner is in no man's land between Houston and San Antonio, and doesn't have anything like a Lake Ponchentrain to enjoy a drive across. Its downtown doesn't have the best layout either, with a railroad dividing up its Main Street into two, with even the "better" side having lots of abandoned buildings outside of one block. Abita Springs doesn't really have much of a main street, but it has a neat little park next to that brewery and there's a cool bike/hiking trail that passes through. I'd wait until mid-October to visit due to climate/peak hurricane season though.

Artsy neighborhoods of megacities :

River North, Chicago or Williamsburg, Brooklyn? (and sorry, you can't visit anyplace else as a special rule to not turn this to a NYC vs. Chicago rule)
I'd pick Williamsburg, since I don't think I explored this neighborhood enough on my past NYC trips. And the ferries to/from Williamsburg over the river, are a nice feature.

Ocean Springs, MS, or Fort Walton Beach, FL?

Old 08-14-2022, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
I'd pick Williamsburg, since I don't think I explored this neighborhood enough on my past NYC trips. And the ferries to/from Williamsburg over the river, are a nice feature.

Ocean Springs, MS, or Fort Walton Beach, FL?
Fort Walton for the sand alone. Monterey CA or Savannah GA?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City