Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2022, 12:43 AM

2,337 posts, read 2,286,565 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
I'd pick Alexander Springs, since it's an actual state recreation area that seems like it'd be more interesting to visit. Treasure Lake seems like a developed vacation house area, where I don't think it'd be interesting to visit unless you owned(or had a friend with) a house(primary, or secondary) in this area.

Space Center Houston/NASA Johnson Space Center in Texas, or Air Force, Space, and Missile Museum/Cape Canaveral in Florida?
Tough call, but I’ll go with Houston. Mission Control was neat to tour, but Cape Canaveral has the VAB and crawlers, etc outside that are interesting. My main issue with Cape Canaveral is no one place is really that great and I think it’s kind of boring to visit despite liking space.

Frisco, CO or Ithaca, NY
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2022, 05:28 AM

10,749 posts, read 23,813,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FL_Expert View Post
Tough call, but I’ll go with Houston. Mission Control was neat to tour, but Cape Canaveral has the VAB and crawlers, etc outside that are interesting. My main issue with Cape Canaveral is no one place is really that great and I think it’s kind of boring to visit despite liking space.

Frisco, CO or Ithaca, NY
Ithaca, nice college town, the gorges and waterfalls are interesting to hike around, and the Finger Lakes region is very scenic.

Ingonish Beach, Nova Scotia or Thunder Cove Beach, PEI Canada?

Old 08-22-2022, 02:19 PM

1,732 posts, read 1,892,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Champ le monstre du lac View Post
Ithaca, nice college town, the gorges and waterfalls are interesting to hike around, and the Finger Lakes region is very scenic.

Ingonish Beach, Nova Scotia or Thunder Cove Beach, PEI Canada?
Thunder Cove Beach, Prince Edward Island. Those Dunes and Rock Formations look Amazing

$ Billion Dollar Sofi Stadium at Inglewood California or slightly larger AT&T Cowboys Stadium in Arlington Texas for a Football Game or Concert by your favorite musical artist

Last edited by BlueRedTide; 08-22-2022 at 02:29 PM..

Old 08-22-2022, 10:22 PM

3,887 posts, read 2,199,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRedTide View Post
Thunder Cove Beach, Prince Edward Island. Those Dunes and Rock Formations look Amazing

$ Billion Dollar Sofi Stadium at Inglewood California or slightly larger AT&T Cowboys Stadium in Arlington Texas for a Football Game or Concert by your favorite musical artist
Cowboys Stadium. Battle of the water parks: Noah's Ark water park in the Wisconsin Dells or Water Country USA in Williamsburg VA?

Old 08-23-2022, 06:47 PM

1,732 posts, read 1,892,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
Cowboys Stadium. Battle of the water parks: Noah's Ark water park in the Wisconsin Dells or Water Country USA in Williamsburg VA?
Noah's Ark Water Park. This was tough, was on the verge of selecting Water Country because right after the water park you can drive to the actual Beach on the coast, But Noah's Ark is twice as big and double the water slides so I'll slide with that

Concert by your favorite Musical Artist on a world wide tour at brand new Allegiant Stadium in Las Vegas or Mercedes-Benz Stadium in Atlanta

Old 08-23-2022, 07:18 PM

9,680 posts, read 9,390,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRedTide View Post
Noah's Ark Water Park. This was tough, was on the verge of selecting Water Country because right after the water park you can drive to the actual Beach on the coast, But Noah's Ark is twice as big and double the water slides so I'll slide with that

Concert by your favorite Musical Artist on a world wide tour at brand new Allegiant Stadium in Las Vegas or Mercedes-Benz Stadium in Atlanta
Mercedes Benz Stadium because the concerts in Atlanta are always on point. I think it would be easier to get around afterward.

A weekend stay at the Ritz-Carlton, Chicago or the Ritz-Carlton Philadelphia?

Old 08-24-2022, 07:53 AM

13,611 posts, read 7,927,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
A weekend stay at the Ritz-Carlton, Chicago or the Ritz-Carlton Philadelphia?
I'd go with the one in Philadelphia because I'd love to explore Philadelphia more thoroughly. I've already been to Chicago many times.

Big Thicket National Preserve (Texas) or Big Cypress National Preserve (Florida)?

Old 08-24-2022, 01:31 PM

3,887 posts, read 2,199,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
I'd go with the one in Philadelphia because I'd love to explore Philadelphia more thoroughly. I've already been to Chicago many times.

Big Thicket National Preserve (Texas) or Big Cypress National Preserve (Florida)?
Big Thicket. Had the chance to go before but didn't take it. Eureka CA or Coos Bay OR?

Old 08-27-2022, 09:54 AM

3,444 posts, read 3,372,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
Big Thicket. Had the chance to go before but didn't take it. Eureka CA or Coos Bay OR?
Both towns are interesting, but I'll go with Eureka here. It has more to do vs. Coos Bay, and even has historic Victorian homes. Also you wouldn't expect Eureka has a few Japanese shops, but it really does. Not to knock Coos Bay, since I get the sense it also has some unique things around there too. I.e. Coos History Museum and Maritime Collection, Charleston Marine Life Center(not too far southwest of town), to name a few examples.

Let's go a little inland from the Pacific coast, and look at these 2 college towns: Chico, CA, or Corvallis, OR?

Old 08-28-2022, 10:54 AM

9,680 posts, read 9,390,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
Both towns are interesting, but I'll go with Eureka here. It has more to do vs. Coos Bay, and even has historic Victorian homes. Also you wouldn't expect Eureka has a few Japanese shops, but it really does. Not to knock Coos Bay, since I get the sense it also has some unique things around there too. I.e. Coos History Museum and Maritime Collection, Charleston Marine Life Center(not too far southwest of town), to name a few examples.

Let's go a little inland from the Pacific coast, and look at these 2 college towns: Chico, CA, or Corvallis, OR?
Corvallis because it has more things to do and not as isolated.

Racine, WI or Danville, VA?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City