Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2022, 06:01 PM

3,887 posts, read 2,199,041 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
Probably Colorado Springs, as I have this feeling I wouldn't care for Orlando much. To be honest, there are other parts of Florida I'd rather explore(Tampa, Saint Augustine, Pensacola(yes really, certain parts of this city on street view surprised me on how nice they were), etc.

Block Island, RI, or San Juan Island, WA?
San Juan. Always wanted to visit Washington. Gulf Shores AL or South Padre Island TX?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2022, 06:41 PM

9,680 posts, read 9,390,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
San Juan. Always wanted to visit Washington. Gulf Shores AL or South Padre Island TX?
Gulf Shores. I like its location and things to do.

Wasilla, AK or Bangor, ME?

Old 11-25-2022, 07:51 PM

12,600 posts, read 9,387,320 times
Wasilla for AK isolation and wilderness

Savanah, GA or Charleston, SC?

Old 11-27-2022, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildWestDude View Post
Wasilla for AK isolation and wilderness

Savanah, GA or Charleston, SC?
Easily Charleston. Savannah is too much a tale of two cities for me. I noticed several poorer areas and it is culturally segregated. I was shocked to see some of the racial epithets/caricatures still present.

Cincinnati, OH or Orlando, FL?

Old 11-27-2022, 01:06 PM

754 posts, read 570,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Easily Charleston. Savannah is too much a tale of two cities for me. I noticed several poorer areas and it is culturally segregated. I was shocked to see some of the racial epithets/caricatures still present.

Cincinnati, OH or Orlando, FL?
Interesting. I haven't been to most of the midwest, nor Ohio, so a trip to Cincinnati would be more interesting to me. But Orlando has more attractions, so it probably has more to do for a visit. I'll go with Cincinnati because I haven't been to any Midwest cities except for Chicago. But Orlando for multiple trips.

Baltimore, MD or Houston, TX?

Old 11-27-2022, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASJackson814 View Post
Interesting. I haven't been to most of the midwest, nor Ohio, so a trip to Cincinnati would be more interesting to me. But Orlando has more attractions, so it probably has more to do for a visit. I'll go with Cincinnati because I haven't been to any Midwest cities except for Chicago. But Orlando for multiple trips.

Baltimore, MD or Houston, TX?
Baltimore would be interesting because I like weird and unique places. I like that Baltimore has better seafood options and cheaper things to do. Houston is ok, but it was very spread out and flat.

Reading, PA or Wichita, KS?

Old 11-30-2022, 02:04 PM

3,887 posts, read 2,199,041 times
Quote:
Baltimore would be interesting because I like weird and unique places. I like that Baltimore has better seafood options and cheaper things to do. Houston is ok, but it was very spread out and flat.

Reading, PA or Wichita, KS?
Reading. I've never been there. Philadelphia or Boston?

Old 11-30-2022, 07:41 PM

16,554 posts, read 10,621,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
Reading. I've never been there. Philadelphia or Boston?
If you're interested in colonial history, you can't go wrong with either place. I'm going to give the edge to Boston, because it's less rough around the edges.

"Twinned" cities that are the "lesser" of the pair: Fort Worth, TX or St. Paul, MN?

Old 11-30-2022, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
If you're interested in colonial history, you can't go wrong with either place. I'm going to give the edge to Boston, because it's less rough around the edges.

"Twinned" cities that are the "lesser" of the pair: Fort Worth, TX or St. Paul, MN?
Tough choice. I love what St. Paul brings to the table in terms of historic buildings, urban neighborhoods, etc., but I much prefer Ft. Worth's quality of life, youth, and friendly nature. Ft. Worth has really grown since I was there last.

Dayton, OH or St. Petersburg, FL?

Old 12-01-2022, 04:50 PM

10,749 posts, read 23,813,296 times
Quote:
Tough choice. I love what St. Paul brings to the table in terms of historic buildings, urban neighborhoods, etc., but I much prefer Ft. Worth's quality of life, youth, and friendly nature. Ft. Worth has really grown since I was there last.

Dayton, OH or St. Petersburg, FL?
St Petersburg for Cuban food and the beach. that was easy.

Montauk, NY or Cape May, NJ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City