Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2022, 05:17 PM

5,521 posts, read 8,769,797 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champ le monstre du lac View Post
St Petersburg for Cuban food and the beach. that was easy.

Montauk, NY or Cape May, NJ?
I’ve been to both and love both places. By a hair, I’ll go with Cape May, where it’s slightly less crowded and the water a bit warmer. Speaking of warm weather

Key West Florida or Miami (Beach) Florida
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2022, 05:19 PM

16,554 posts, read 10,626,496 times
Quote:

Montauk is interesting for its "end of the line" feel and for being so opposite from the famous city at the other end of Long Island, but Cape May wins for me with its Victorian housing and for being one end of the scenic Cape May-Lewes Ferry.

And speaking of different sides of the same island: Hilo, HI or Kailua-Kona, HI?

Old 12-01-2022, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by citylove101 View Post
I’ve been to both and love both places. By a hair, I’ll go with Cape May, where it’s slightly less crowded and the water a bit warmer. Speaking of warm weather

Key West Florida or Miami (Beach) Florida
Oops, just missed this one with my response. I'll go with Key West, because it's somewhat tamer than Miami Beach and there are things to see and do apart from the beach scene.

Repeating what I put before: Hilo, HI or Kailua-Kona, HI?

Old 12-01-2022, 05:20 PM

1,676 posts, read 1,086,917 times
Quote:

Montauk. The easternmost point of Long Island and NY State. Beautiful sweeping bluffs and ocean vistas everywhere. Also a famous fishing village known for deep sea fishing and the world's first-ever known Great White Shark nursery.

Key West, FL or Outer Banks, NC?

Old 12-01-2022, 06:42 PM

10,749 posts, read 23,819,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
Oops, just missed this one with my response. I'll go with Key West, because it's somewhat tamer than Miami Beach and there are things to see and do apart from the beach scene.

Repeating what I put before: Hilo, HI or Kailua-Kona, HI?
I've been to the Big Island, Hilo had some charm and beautiful lush gardens. But I was also told by locals that the bay in town had hammerhead sharks I didn't get in the water, but happened to be there on a sunny day which is rare since it gets 130+ inches of rain a year. I'd opt for Kona, better beaches on that side of the island and a better climate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCity76 View Post
Montauk. The easternmost point of Long Island and NY State. Beautiful sweeping bluffs and ocean vistas everywhere. Also a famous fishing village known for deep sea fishing and the world's first-ever known Great White Shark nursery.

Key West, FL or Outer Banks, NC?
Tough to choose since I love the Outer Banks but have never been to Key West. I like the undeveloped stretches of barrier island beaches, the beautiful seascapes, dunes, and lighthouses in the Outer Banks, so I'll go with that.

Tucson, AZ or Colorado Springs?

Old 12-01-2022, 07:49 PM

9,681 posts, read 9,395,075 times
Quote:
I've been to the Big Island, Hilo had some charm and beautiful lush gardens. But I was also told by locals that the bay in town had hammerhead sharks I didn't get in the water, but happened to be there on a sunny day which is rare since it gets 130+ inches of rain a year. I'd opt for Kona, better beaches on that side of the island and a better climate.

Tough to choose since I love the Outer Banks but have never been to Key West. I like the undeveloped stretches of barrier island beaches, the beautiful seascapes, dunes, and lighthouses in the Outer Banks, so I'll go with that.

Tucson, AZ or Colorado Springs?
Tucson for the cultural offerings, authentic Mexican food, and things to do.

Potomac, MD or Bellevue, WA?

Old 12-01-2022, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Tucson for the cultural offerings, authentic Mexican food, and things to do.

Potomac, MD or Bellevue, WA?
Assuming that we're limited to the cities listed, and not the ones nearby to it (Washington, DC and Seattle, respectively), I'll go with Bellevue for the amazing views of the mountains and the water. I don't know what else there is to see and do there, but I'll find out when I get there! Off hand, I can't really think of much in Potomac that would be interesting for a tourist, other than the Potomac River itself (and the adjacent C & O Canal).

The two points that are farthest apart from each other in the Volunteer State while still being on an interstate highway: Bristol, TN or Memphis, TN?

Old 12-01-2022, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
Assuming that we're limited to the cities listed, and not the ones nearby to it (Washington, DC and Seattle, respectively), I'll go with Bellevue for the amazing views of the mountains and the water. I don't know what else there is to see and do there, but I'll find out when I get there! Off hand, I can't really think of much in Potomac that would be interesting for a tourist, other than the Potomac River itself (and the adjacent C & O Canal).

The two points that are farthest apart from each other in the Volunteer State while still being on an interstate highway: Bristol, TN or Memphis, TN?
Bristol for sure. It is closer to the mountains and has more of the things I like. I think I would visit the speedway and also the nice local restaurants.

Des Moines, IA or Norfolk, VA?

Old 12-02-2022, 12:42 PM

330 posts, read 149,606 times
I think I'd rather spend a few days taking walks along the coast, visiting the battleship museums, checking out the ghent neighborhood, and eating some fresh seafood with each meal. And a Tidewater Tides game would be a bonus if in season.

An AirBnB in OTR Cincy or The Fan Richmond?

Old 12-02-2022, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyCityIsBetterThanYours View Post
I think I'd rather spend a few days taking walks along the coast, visiting the battleship museums, checking out the ghent neighborhood, and eating some fresh seafood with each meal. And a Tidewater Tides game would be a bonus if in season.

An AirBnB in OTR Cincy or The Fan Richmond?
OTR due to being more easy to walk. I like the shopping and things to do. I also think it is nice to be close to other attractions.

The Gulch, Nashville or South End, Charlotte?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City