Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2022, 11:05 PM

2,340 posts, read 2,286,565 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
OTR due to being more easy to walk. I like the shopping and things to do. I also think it is nice to be close to other attractions.

The Gulch, Nashville or South End, Charlotte?
I’ll go with Nashville, mostly because I’ve never been there. The South End of Charlotte is nice though!

Yosemite NP or Banff NP
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2022, 11:07 PM

3,888 posts, read 2,200,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyCityIsBetterThanYours View Post
I think I'd rather spend a few days taking walks along the coast, visiting the battleship museums, checking out the ghent neighborhood, and eating some fresh seafood with each meal. And a Tidewater Tides game would be a bonus if in season.

An AirBnB in OTR Cincy or The Fan Richmond?
I'll be doing an Airbnb in DC so I'll go with the Fan in Richmond. Great Sand Dunes National Park in Colorado or White Sands National Park in New Mexico?

Old 12-03-2022, 04:25 AM

10,749 posts, read 23,819,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
I'll be doing an Airbnb in DC so I'll go with the Fan in Richmond. Great Sand Dunes National Park in Colorado or White Sands National Park in New Mexico?
I've been to both. I was at Great Sand Dunes on a hot day when the creek dried up. The sand color and granular isn't anything that impressive. You have giant hills of sand scattered around, so go there if you're looking for a good cardio and respiratory workout. Otherwise you get some neat photos of sand dunes back dropped by a mountain range. Had it been less of a hot day and if the creek had running water through the sand valley, it might have been a better experience.

White Sands is awesome and is cooler on a hot day. Trekking into these dunes wasn't as tiresome as GSDNP. I brought my dog with me to White Sands, it's an excellent place to let your dog off the leash and run. The color effect of the white dunes in an otherwise brown desert is really fantastic. It's also wedged between two mountain ranges and sunrises or sunsets are an optimal time to be there. My dog was chasing little white geckos in the dunes. I liked White Sands, it's more interesting than GSDNP.

Saguaro National Park or Capital Reef National Park?

Last edited by Champ le monstre du lac; 12-03-2022 at 04:34 AM..

Old 12-03-2022, 06:45 PM

3,446 posts, read 3,374,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Champ le monstre du lac View Post
I've been to both. I was at Great Sand Dunes on a hot day when the creek dried up. The sand color and granular isn't anything that impressive. You have giant hills of sand scattered around, so go there if you're looking for a good cardio and respiratory workout. Otherwise you get some neat photos of sand dunes back dropped by a mountain range. Had it been less of a hot day and if the creek had running water through the sand valley, it might have been a better experience.

White Sands is awesome and is cooler on a hot day. Trekking into these dunes wasn't as tiresome as GSDNP. I brought my dog with me to White Sands, it's an excellent place to let your dog off the leash and run. The color effect of the white dunes in an otherwise brown desert is really fantastic. It's also wedged between two mountain ranges and sunrises or sunsets are an optimal time to be there. My dog was chasing little white geckos in the dunes. I liked White Sands, it's more interesting than GSDNP.

Saguaro National Park or Capital Reef National Park?
While I have no doubt both national parks are good, I'll pick Capital Reef. I have a little more interest in finally getting to Utah, as I've been to Arizona before.

Big Bend National Park in western Texas, or Carlsbad Caverns National Park in southern New Mexico?

Old 12-03-2022, 07:18 PM

12,600 posts, read 9,388,720 times
Big Bend is real outdoors while the Caverns are more like indoors. More possible recreations is Big Bend.

Santa Fe, NM or Grand Junction, CO?

Old 12-03-2022, 09:46 PM

16,554 posts, read 10,621,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FL_Expert View Post
I’ll go with Nashville, mostly because I’ve never been there. The South End of Charlotte is nice though!

Yosemite NP or Banff NP
Yosemite is one of the most beautiful places I've ever seen. But I'm going to pick Banff because I've never been there, and the pictures I've seen make it look just as beautiful, or maybe even more so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildWestDude View Post
Big Bend is real outdoors while the Caverns are more like indoors. More possible recreations is Big Bend.

Santa Fe, NM or Grand Junction, CO?
Both of them enjoy gorgeous natural surroundings. I'm going to go with Santa Fe because I think that the town itself would be more interesting to explore.

And now, for the two ends of the shortest two-digit interstate in the country: Annapolis, MD or Baltimore, MD (on either end of I-97)?

Old 12-04-2022, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
Yosemite is one of the most beautiful places I've ever seen. But I'm going to pick Banff because I've never been there, and the pictures I've seen make it look just as beautiful, or maybe even more so.

Both of them enjoy gorgeous natural surroundings. I'm going to go with Santa Fe because I think that the town itself would be more interesting to explore.

And now, for the two ends of the shortest two-digit interstate in the country: Annapolis, MD or Baltimore, MD (on either end of I-97)?
Baltimore since it has more to see and do. Taos NM or Vail CO?

Old 12-06-2022, 07:53 AM

13,615 posts, read 7,932,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
Taos NM or Vail CO?
I'd rather visit Taos since it seems to offer more than just winter sports.

Where would you rather stay 2 nights at a B&B:

Cottage Grove, Oregon or Lanesboro, Minnesota?

Old 12-07-2022, 07:36 AM

4,399 posts, read 4,288,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
I'd rather visit Taos since it seems to offer more than just winter sports.

Where would you rather stay 2 nights at a B&B:

Cottage Grove, Oregon or Lanesboro, Minnesota?
Cottage grove or. Not to far from the ocean and mountains for a nice day trip.

Crescent City CA or Bar Harbor ME?

Old 12-07-2022, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnerbro View Post
Cottage grove or. Not to far from the ocean and mountains for a nice day trip.

Crescent City CA or Bar Harbor ME?
Crescent City. Redding CA or Bend OR?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City