Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2024, 04:59 AM

2,567 posts, read 2,902,916 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
I'll go with Vancouver. I'd be more intrigued visiting there, than Honolulu. But that is just me.

I kinda wonder if my comparisons of small towns along Amtrak long distance routes would be better suited to ask here, than on the where do you prefer to live comparison thread. Anyway: Winnemucca, NV, or Dunsmuir, CA?
Dunsmuir for the better assortment of outdoor activities to enjoy in the immediate area.

Virginia Beach, VA or Ocean City, NJ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2024, 08:14 AM

13,774 posts, read 8,070,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonnyDaze View Post
Virginia Beach, VA or Ocean City, NJ?
Virginia Beach. Being that it's a major metro area, there is probably more to do (tacky boardwalk shops aren't my thing); and I would guess the beaches are nicer anyway. The Tidewater area is one of the few sub-regions of Virginia that I've never visited.

Canadian Lakes, Michigan or Mexico Beach, Florida?

Old 04-30-2024, 03:10 PM

3,498 posts, read 3,421,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
Virginia Beach. Being that it's a major metro area, there is probably more to do (tacky boardwalk shops aren't my thing); and I would guess the beaches are nicer anyway. The Tidewater area is one of the few sub-regions of Virginia that I've never visited.

Canadian Lakes, Michigan or Mexico Beach, Florida?
Give me the Gulf beaches any day, over a Midwest inland lake. I have this feeling I'd really like Mexico Beach. And it's in a region of Florida I personally like, the panhandle. I looked up that place in Michigan, and sorry I don't think I'd care about that part of Michigan. There are other parts of that state I'd like, more.

Washburn, WI, or Munising, MI?

Old 05-01-2024, 09:59 PM

3,936 posts, read 2,247,267 times
Quote:
Give me the Gulf beaches any day, over a Midwest inland lake. I have this feeling I'd really like Mexico Beach. And it's in a region of Florida I personally like, the panhandle. I looked up that place in Michigan, and sorry I don't think I'd care about that part of Michigan. There are other parts of that state I'd like, more.

Washburn, WI, or Munising, MI?
I guess Washburn. Busch Gardens Tampa FL or Busch Gardens Williamsburg VA?

Old 05-03-2024, 02:18 PM

3,498 posts, read 3,421,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
I guess Washburn. Busch Gardens Tampa FL or Busch Gardens Williamsburg VA?
Busch Gardens Tampa appears to have more interesting rides than Williamsburg, so I'll pick that one.

Great America in Gurnee, IL, or California's Great America in Santa Clara, CA?

Old 05-03-2024, 04:05 PM

4,430 posts, read 4,338,003 times
Quote:
Busch Gardens Tampa appears to have more interesting rides than Williamsburg, so I'll pick that one.

Great America in Gurnee, IL, or California's Great America in Santa Clara, CA?
I’ll go with the one in Gurnee IL for the simple fact that I haven’t been there before. I have been to the one in Santa Clara. It was a nice theme park but one time was enough for me.

Mount Rushmore or Grand Canyon?

Old 05-03-2024, 05:04 PM

10,774 posts, read 23,914,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnerbro View Post
I’ll go with the one in Gurnee IL for the simple fact that I haven’t been there before. I have been to the one in Santa Clara. It was a nice theme park but one time was enough for me.

Mount Rushmore or Grand Canyon?
Been to both, I'd go back to the Grand Canyon to see the North Rim.

Acadia NP or Olympic NP?

Old 05-03-2024, 08:40 PM

23 posts, read 7,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Champ le monstre du lac View Post
Been to both, I'd go back to the Grand Canyon to see the North Rim.

Acadia NP or Olympic NP?
Acadia NP close to amazing shellfish, and food generally factors into my choice.

Detroit or Memphis?

Old 05-03-2024, 08:47 PM

699 posts, read 509,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93LEAFS View Post
Acadia NP close to amazing shellfish, and food generally factors into my choice.

Detroit or Memphis?

Detroit. I've been to Memphis a few times. While I thoroughly enjoyed each visit, I've never been to Detroit and I'm interested in seeing how it is.

Jacksonville FL or Corpus Christi TX

Old 05-04-2024, 07:51 PM

3,936 posts, read 2,247,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr BLT View Post
Detroit. I've been to Memphis a few times. While I thoroughly enjoyed each visit, I've never been to Detroit and I'm interested in seeing how it is.

Jacksonville FL or Corpus Christi TX
Jacksonville. I've never been there but heard it's an underrated city. Glacier National Park in Montana or Grand Teton National Park in Wyoming?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City