Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2021, 08:14 AM

10,748 posts, read 23,813,296 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSUMike View Post
I think I'd rather visit Madison. I'm sure it's not quite as charming or quaint - but I love college towns, and I'm sure Madison offers a lot more to do due to its much larger size.

Helen, Georgia or Leavenworth, Washington?
Bavaria South or Bavaria Northwest? I'd pick Leavenworth since the surrounding Cascades give a more palpable effect of being in the Alps.

Friday Harbor, WA or Cannon Beach, OR?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2021, 08:17 AM

6,772 posts, read 4,514,172 times
Quote:
I think I'd rather visit Madison. I'm sure it's not quite as charming or quaint - but I love college towns, and I'm sure Madison offers a lot more to do due to its much larger size.

Helen, Georgia or Leavenworth, Washington?
Helen. REALLY cute town. Their mix of german and cherokee cultures and gorgeous surroundings make for a great place to visit.

Charleston SC metro area or New Orleans, LA metro area?

Old 02-18-2021, 09:31 AM

1,732 posts, read 1,892,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by march2 View Post
Helen. REALLY cute town. Their mix of german and cherokee cultures and gorgeous surroundings make for a great place to visit.

I would like to explore the Charleston Area more and I've been to New Orleans a number of times, so Charleston simply out of Curiosity since I've already seen New Orleans, and it's been years since I've seen Charleston
But if is was my first time in either city, I would go with New Orleans easily

Biltmore Estate or Graceland

Old 02-18-2021, 09:37 AM

9,680 posts, read 9,390,397 times
Quote:

Charleston wins for me. Better infrastructure, things to do, and not crime ridden or run down.

Ft. Wayne, IN or Montgomery, AL?

Old 02-18-2021, 09:56 AM

13,611 posts, read 7,927,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Champ le monstre du lac View Post
Friday Harbor, WA or Cannon Beach, OR?
Cannon Beach seems like more my type of place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRedTide View Post
Biltmore Estate or Graceland
I’m not a huge Elvis fan or anything, but I’d still pick Graceland only because I’ve already toured the Biltmore Estate, and I like visiting new places. If I hadn’t been to either, Biltmore is a better pick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Ft. Wayne, IN or Montgomery, AL?
Montgomery. Even though I live nearby, I think it offers much more for tourists with its historical sites and food options. I’ve been to Fort Wayne and it struck me as pleasant but bland.

Marquette, Michigan or Summersville, West Virginia?

Old 02-18-2021, 10:01 AM

16,066 posts, read 21,138,178 times
Quote:
Cannon Beach seems like more my type of place.

I’m not a huge Elvis fan or anything, but I’d still pick Graceland only because I’ve already toured the Biltmore Estate, and I like visiting new places. If I hadn’t been to either, Biltmore is a better pick.

Montgomery. Even though I live nearby, I think it offers much more for tourists with its historical sites and food options. I’ve been to Fort Wayne and it struck me as pleasant but bland.

Marquette, Michigan or Summersville, West Virginia?
Marquette. I love the UP, would love to visit again, spend some time at Pictured Rocks.

Bristol TN or Holland MI?

Old 02-18-2021, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
Marquette. I love the UP, would love to visit again, spend some time at Pictured Rocks.

Bristol TN or Holland MI?
Holland. It's a nice town with Dutch culture. Lake Michigan and Michigan Adventures Theme Park are close by as well.

Brevard County FL or Dare County, NC?

Old 02-18-2021, 01:51 PM

9,680 posts, read 9,390,397 times
Quote:
Holland. It's a nice town with Dutch culture. Lake Michigan and Michigan Adventures Theme Park are close by as well.

Brevard County FL or Dare County, NC?
Brevard County, FL because I have been there. It is cheap for what you get and the people were nice.

Fairfield Glade Resort, Crossville TN or Shangri La Resort, Afton Oklahoma?

Old 02-19-2021, 07:42 AM

13,611 posts, read 7,927,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Fairfield Glade Resort, Crossville TN or Shangri La Resort, Afton Oklahoma?
Good matchup. Both seem like places my family and I would enjoy a lot. I think I'll go with Shangri La in Oklahoma because:

a) I'm more interested in exploring that part of the country at the moment - the resort is a great jumping off point to the Ozarks
b) its lake looks a bit more impressive
c) its pool looks really cool [does the other one even have a pool?]

Fire Island, New York or Gasparilla Island, Florida?

Old 02-19-2021, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Good matchup. Both seem like places my family and I would enjoy a lot. I think I'll go with Shangri La in Oklahoma because:

a) I'm more interested in exploring that part of the country at the moment - the resort is a great jumping off point to the Ozarks
b) its lake looks a bit more impressive
c) its pool looks really cool [does the other one even have a pool?]

Fire Island, New York or Gasparilla Island, Florida?
Gasparilla Island. Better beaches, tropical feel, much warmer and conducive to a beach vacation for me.

Denver, CO or New Orleans, LA?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City