Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2021, 07:23 PM

13,611 posts, read 7,927,714 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub View Post
Gold Beach, Oregon or Park City, Utah?
Gold Beach.

I'm not much for winter sports, plus my wife has been to the OR coast and tells me all the time how amazing it is.

Lake Michigan in the summer, or Southwest Florida in the winter?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2021, 01:13 PM

899 posts, read 517,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
Gold Beach.

I'm not much for winter sports, plus my wife has been to the OR coast and tells me all the time how amazing it is.

I've always wanted to go to Key West, even during the Winter.

Pasco/Hernando Counties, Florida or the Delmarva Penninsula?

Old 03-05-2021, 01:17 PM

3,887 posts, read 2,199,041 times
Quote:
Gold Beach.

Haven't been to either but would be curious to see Lake Michigan in Summer especially near Chicago. Six Flags Fiesta Texas (San Antonio) or Six Flags St. Louis?

Old 03-05-2021, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by General I80 View Post
Pasco/Hernando Counties, Florida or the Delmarva Penninsula?
Delmarva, easily. Not much to see or do in Pasco/Hernando, as it's mostly sprawly suburbia, and there are no decent beaches. Even the small towns such as Brooksville and Dade City aren't particularly charming (New Port Richey is OK). Delmarva has the water, includes all or part of 3 different states, and has some of the best seafood available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
Six Flags Fiesta Texas (San Antonio) or Six Flags St. Louis?
The one in San Antonio as I believe it would have better food options nearby.

Bill Monroe ‘homeplace’ and Museum (Ohio County, Kentucky) or Loretta Lynn Home Place/Museum (Johnson County, Kentucky)?

Old 03-05-2021, 02:02 PM

3,887 posts, read 2,199,041 times
Quote:
Delmarva, easily. Not much to see or do in Pasco/Hernando, as it's mostly sprawly suburbia, and there are no decent beaches. Even the small towns such as Brooksville and Dade City aren't particularly charming (New Port Richey is OK). Delmarva has the water, includes all or part of 3 different states, and has some of the best seafood available.

The one in San Antonio as I believe it would have better food options nearby.

Bill Monroe ‘homeplace’ and Museum (Ohio County, Kentucky) or Loretta Lynn Home Place/Museum (Johnson County, Kentucky)?
Loretta. I'm more familiar with her and I think it'd be interesting. Corpus Christi TX or Panama City FL?

Old 03-08-2021, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
Corpus Christi TX or Panama City FL?
Corpus Christi. Even though PC has nicer beaches (so I've heard), I've already been there and am curious to check out the Texas coast. Plus PC is still recovering from Hurricane Michael that devastated the area in 2018.

Big Canoe, Georgia or Anna Maria Island, Florida?

Last edited by EscAlaMike; 03-08-2021 at 08:21 AM..

Old 03-08-2021, 09:19 AM

2,541 posts, read 2,863,541 times
Quote:
Corpus Christi. Even though PC has nicer beaches (so I've heard), I've already been there and am curious to check out the Texas coast. Plus PC is still recovering from Hurricane Michael that devastated the area in 2018.

Big Canoe, Georgia or Anna Maria Island, Florida?
Ana Maria Island... I prefer the beach to the woods and Ana Maria has better access to dining/entertainment/amenities.

New Bedford, MA or Grand Haven, MI?

Old 03-08-2021, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyExpert View Post
New Bedford, MA or Grand Haven, MI?
I like both, but I'll go with New Bedford because my wife has family in the area, and I'm quite sure we'd be eating good for free

Pawleys Island, South Carolina or Vilano Beach, Florida?

Old 03-08-2021, 11:57 AM

2,539 posts, read 2,312,646 times
Vilano Beach, Florida.

I prefer the FL beaches over SC beaches, and Vilano is right next to St. Augustine which is very nice.

Ocean City, NJ or Ocean City, MD?

Old 03-08-2021, 08:19 PM

899 posts, read 517,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rowhomecity View Post
Vilano Beach, Florida.

I prefer the FL beaches over SC beaches, and Vilano is right next to St. Augustine which is very nice.

Ocean City, NJ or Ocean City, MD?
Ocean City, NJ seems way more authentic than its Maryland counterpart.

Green Bay, WI or Muskegon, MI?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City