Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2021, 07:18 AM

13,611 posts, read 7,927,714 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW4me View Post
Maine or Upstate NY?
I'm going with Maine. It's the only state east of the Mississippi that I haven't visited. It has a beautiful coast with islands (including Acadia Nat'l Park), along with forests, lakes, and hills. Portland is also a city I'm very interested to visit. Upstate NY is beautiful, but I've already been there multiple times.

Mark Twain House & Museum (Hannibal, MO) or De Smet, South Dakota?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2021, 11:35 PM

3,444 posts, read 3,372,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
I'm going with Maine. It's the only state east of the Mississippi that I haven't visited. It has a beautiful coast with islands (including Acadia Nat'l Park), along with forests, lakes, and hills. Portland is also a city I'm very interested to visit. Upstate NY is beautiful, but I've already been there multiple times.

Mark Twain House & Museum (Hannibal, MO) or De Smet, South Dakota?
While seeing Laura Ingalls Wilder's home in De Smet might be interesting, I'd probably go with visiting Hannibal. Besides going to the Twain Museum, on a side note I've kinda wanted to visit nearby Quincy, IL at least once myself. De Smet in comparison, unfortunately has an out of the way location in SD.

Grant-Kohrs Ranch National Historic Site in Deer Lodge, MT, or Fort Union Fur Trading Post National Historic Site in Williston, ND?

Old 04-05-2021, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
Grant-Kohrs Ranch National Historic Site in Deer Lodge, MT, or Fort Union Fur Trading Post National Historic Site in Williston, ND?
Grant-Kohrs Ranch. Not only is it surrounded by mountain views, but I think my children would enjoy it more.

Cumberland Island National Seashore (Georgia) or Canaveral National Seashore (Florida)?

Old 04-05-2021, 12:09 PM

6,772 posts, read 4,515,450 times
Quote:
Grant-Kohrs Ranch. Not only is it surrounded by mountain views, but I think my children would enjoy it more.

Cumberland Island National Seashore (Georgia) or Canaveral National Seashore (Florida)?
CNS in FL. More to do in that region of FL. Both are beautiful areas, though.

Jockey Ridge State Park (Outer Banks, NC) or South Cape Beach State Park (Cape Cod, MA)?

Old 04-05-2021, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by march2 View Post
Jockey Ridge State Park (Outer Banks, NC) or South Cape Beach State Park (Cape Cod, MA)?
South Cape Beach State Park. It looks more relaxing. Dunes are exhausting to hike across. I've done that in Michigan. I'm getting winded just thinking about it, lol.

Hank Williams Museum (Montgomery, Alabama) or Elvis Presley Birthplace (Tupelo, Mississippi)?

Old 04-05-2021, 03:54 PM

3,444 posts, read 3,372,483 times
Quote:
South Cape Beach State Park. It looks more relaxing. Dunes are exhausting to hike across. I've done that in Michigan. I'm getting winded just thinking about it, lol.

Hank Williams Museum (Montgomery, Alabama) or Elvis Presley Birthplace (Tupelo, Mississippi)?
I bet either of those museums would be interesting, but myself I think I'd pick the Hank Williams Museum. That said, I wouldn't have a problem visiting either place. I wish the Hank Williams Museum(per googling it) would scrap their no photography rule inside exhibits, though.

Baseball Hall of Fame in Cooperstown, NY, or Football Hall of Fame in Canton, OH?

Old 04-05-2021, 07:11 PM

6,376 posts, read 4,995,543 times
I guess the Baseball Hall of Fame, I don't care about sports at all but I at least know the rules of baseball and the history is sort of interesting to me. I listened to a cool podcast episode recently about how the designs of baseball stadiums have changed over the years.

All of New Mexico north of I-40, or south of I-40? (You can get off Interstate exits on the other side from the one you choose, but only to cross over to your side)

Old 04-05-2021, 07:27 PM

16,554 posts, read 10,621,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTimidBlueBars View Post
I guess the Baseball Hall of Fame, I don't care about sports at all but I at least know the rules of baseball and the history is sort of interesting to me. I listened to a cool podcast episode recently about how the designs of baseball stadiums have changed over the years.

All of New Mexico north of I-40, or south of I-40? (You can get off Interstate exits on the other side from the one you choose, but only to cross over to your side)
North of I-40. That's the side that has Santa Fe, which is a really attractive city that I've only seen once and would like to explore more of. It also has Taos, which I've never seen and would like to. The north side seems more mountainous and less arid, which would appeal to me more.

Flagstaff, AZ or Lake Havasu City, AZ?

Old 04-05-2021, 10:34 PM

4,606 posts, read 2,996,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
North of I-40. That's the side that has Santa Fe, which is a really attractive city that I've only seen once and would like to explore more of. It also has Taos, which I've never seen and would like to. The north side seems more mountainous and less arid, which would appeal to me more.

Flagstaff, AZ or Lake Havasu City, AZ?
Flagstaff, to go hiking in the nearby mountains.

Pittsburgh or Cleveland?

Old 04-05-2021, 11:26 PM

6,376 posts, read 4,995,543 times
I do want to spend some time exploring Cleveland, but out of these two I'm going with Pittsburgh. The neighborhoods (and the nearby steel towns along the rivers) are more disconnected and seem to have more unique, interesting histories.

Connecticut or Oklahoma?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City