Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2021, 10:50 AM

3,446 posts, read 3,374,590 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame22 View Post
Puerto Rico since I’ve never been to the Caribbean and feel like I’m overdue. The tropics have never been high on my list, but now that I live in an arid climate, palm trees, sand, rainforests - it’s all starting to sound much more intriguing. PEI kind of looks like the upper Great Lakes region (in terms of regions I’m familiar with). Nothing wrong with that, but I think Puerto Rico would be more exciting and new

Moab, UT or Chicago, IL?
Moab. I've very long lived in Chicago, plus feel like I'm overdue to check out nearby Arches NP and Canyonlands NP myself.

Cabo San Lucas, Mexico, or Biscayne National Park in Florida?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2021, 01:15 PM

3,888 posts, read 2,200,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
Moab. I've very long lived in Chicago, plus feel like I'm overdue to check out nearby Arches NP and Canyonlands NP myself.

Cabo San Lucas, Mexico, or Biscayne National Park in Florida?
Both would be nice but would be more into Biscayne. Busch Gardens Williamsburg VA or Busch Gardens Tampa Bay FL?

Old 09-27-2021, 01:22 PM

13,615 posts, read 7,932,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
Busch Gardens Williamsburg VA or Busch Gardens Tampa Bay FL?
I'd pick the one in Williamsburg as I've already been to the one in Tampa multiple times, though it has been years.

Loretto, Pennsylvania or Subiaco, Arkansas?

Old 09-28-2021, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
I'd pick the one in Williamsburg as I've already been to the one in Tampa multiple times, though it has been years.

Loretto, Pennsylvania or Subiaco, Arkansas?
Loretto. It looks like there'd be more interesting buildings to see, with that college (sorry I forget the name of it, I looked up and street viewed both towns last night, but fell asleep before answering) in town. And it looks like Loretto is near other central PA towns and also Altoona and Johnstown, that'd offer more to do. Subiaco looks fine too with its school and abbey/church building, but smaller and more isolated than I'd prefer. Loretto also seems to have more things to do in town, vs. Subiaco.

Two smaller cities not far from national parks(Sequoia and also Kings Canyon, and Crater Lake for the latter): Fresno, CA, or Medford, OR?

Old 09-29-2021, 12:51 PM

3,888 posts, read 2,200,909 times
Quote:
Loretto. It looks like there'd be more interesting buildings to see, with that college (sorry I forget the name of it, I looked up and street viewed both towns last night, but fell asleep before answering) in town. And it looks like Loretto is near other central PA towns and also Altoona and Johnstown, that'd offer more to do. Subiaco looks fine too with its school and abbey/church building, but smaller and more isolated than I'd prefer. Loretto also seems to have more things to do in town, vs. Subiaco.

Two smaller cities not far from national parks(Sequoia and also Kings Canyon, and Crater Lake for the latter): Fresno, CA, or Medford, OR?
Fresno. It's bigger than Medford and I'm sure offers more and I've always wanted to visit Sequoia. Fayetteville AR or Asheville NC?

Old 09-29-2021, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
Fresno. It's bigger than Medford and I'm sure offers more and I've always wanted to visit Sequoia. Fayetteville AR or Asheville NC?
Fayetteville, since I've never been there vs. Asheville. And also would like to check out the museums in nearby Bentonville(including an art museum there), Eureka Springs, and I suspect I'd find more interesting towns nearby if I researched this area(northwest Arkansas, northeast Oklahoma, and southwest Missouri) more.

Asbury Park, NJ, or Santa Cruz, CA?

Old 09-30-2021, 07:44 AM

13,615 posts, read 7,932,752 times
Quote:
Asbury Park, NJ, or Santa Cruz, CA?
Santa Cruz. I've never been to the West Coast and would love to check out California.

Fulton County, Georgia or Jefferson County, Alabama (you are confined to the county boundaries)?

Old 09-30-2021, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
Santa Cruz. I've never been to the West Coast and would love to check out California.

Fulton County, Georgia or Jefferson County, Alabama (you are confined to the county boundaries)?
I suppose I'll pick Jefferson County, since I've been to Atlanta and Fulton County numerous times vs. Jefferson County. Where I've only driven through that city, and've never done a proper trip to Birmingham and nearby places. And anyway I'd like to visit the Negro League Museum there, and Sloss Furnaces. And I bet the Birmingham Botanical Gardens, also would be nice.

Congaree National Park(South Carolina), or Hot Springs National Park(Arkansas)?

Old 09-30-2021, 09:39 PM

9,681 posts, read 9,395,075 times
Quote:
I suppose I'll pick Jefferson County, since I've been to Atlanta and Fulton County numerous times vs. Jefferson County. Where I've only driven through that city, and've never done a proper trip to Birmingham and nearby places. And anyway I'd like to visit the Negro League Museum there, and Sloss Furnaces. And I bet the Birmingham Botanical Gardens, also would be nice.

Congaree National Park(South Carolina), or Hot Springs National Park(Arkansas)?
Congaree for sure. The forest is absolutely stunning and I would enjoy the hiking.

Paducah, KY or Joplin, MO?

Old 09-30-2021, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Congaree for sure. The forest is absolutely stunning and I would enjoy the hiking.

Paducah, KY or Joplin, MO?
I'd probably go with Paducah. There is a quilting museum there, plus it isn't far from other interesting areas too. I.e. Land Between the Lakes, Metropolis, Cairo IF only for the fact I LOVE urbex, and want to see how abandoned this city is), Carbondale, etc. And not too much further away would be like Cape Girardeau, Evansville, and even Nashville(would LOVE to revisit here, even though I worry it's fast growth may be taking away the charm of this city). If the other choice had been something else like Springfield, MO, northwest Arkansas, or Cape Girardeau, this would've been a harder choice.

Two smaller state capitols on the Missouri River: Jefferson City, MO, or Pierre, SD?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City