Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2021, 07:37 PM

1,801 posts, read 1,949,479 times

Advertisements

I'd do Glacier National Park due to its more moderate climate proximity to Canada, and double it up on the same vacation with Banff, stopping in Calgary along the way to get my city fix. Glacier Bay is too cold and isolated in comparison and is best visited aboard a cruise, and I'd imagine rental cars cost a fortune there.

Liberty State Park, NJ or the Presidio of San Francisco?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2021, 11:22 PM

3,439 posts, read 3,367,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borntoolate85 View Post
I'd do Glacier National Park due to its more moderate climate proximity to Canada, and double it up on the same vacation with Banff, stopping in Calgary along the way to get my city fix. Glacier Bay is too cold and isolated in comparison and is best visited aboard a cruise, and I'd imagine rental cars cost a fortune there.

Liberty State Park, NJ or the Presidio of San Francisco?
Both are good places, and technically I once biked through the Presidio en route to Sausalito on bike. Will be honest as weird as this sounds, I wouldn't mind revisiting the Presidio again. I don't doubt Liberty State Park has nice views of NYC (similar to how Point State Park in PA has good surrounding views, of Pittsburgh), but that said I'd like to explore Presidio more closely. Yep a VERY rare time I picked a place to revisit, over visiting somewhere I hadn't. I will say I'd like to one day visit NJ, but there are other places there I'd rather visit.

Mexican coastal towns: Mazatlan, Sinaloa, or Veracruz(sometimes referred to as Heroica Veracruz), Veracruz?

Old 10-08-2021, 07:46 AM

13,611 posts, read 7,915,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
Mexican coastal towns: Mazatlan, Sinaloa, or Veracruz(sometimes referred to as Heroica Veracruz), Veracruz?
As much as I'd love to see some of the historic sites in Veracruz, I'd pick Mazatlan. Mostly, I'd just rather visit the Pacific side.

Clark County, Nevada or Washoe County, Nevada?

Old 10-10-2021, 05:59 PM

3,882 posts, read 2,193,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
As much as I'd love to see some of the historic sites in Veracruz, I'd pick Mazatlan. Mostly, I'd just rather visit the Pacific side.

Clark County, Nevada or Washoe County, Nevada?
Washoe because I've never been to Reno. For museums Philadelphia or Boston?

Old 10-11-2021, 08:22 PM

9,678 posts, read 9,378,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
Washoe because I've never been to Reno. For museums Philadelphia or Boston?
Philadelphia for more eclectic offerings. I like the music and art scenes as well.

Hot Springs, AR or Kalamazoo, MI?

Old 10-11-2021, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Philadelphia for more eclectic offerings. I like the music and art scenes as well.

Hot Springs, AR or Kalamazoo, MI?
I think both places would be interesting to visit. That said I'd pick Hot Springs, as I've never been to that part of Arkansas before.

Taliesin(Frank Lloyd Wright's studio) in Spring Green, WI, or Park Inn (a rare hotel Frank Lloyd Wright designed) in Mason City, IA?

Old 10-12-2021, 12:02 AM

4,597 posts, read 2,988,358 times
Quote:
I think both places would be interesting to visit. That said I'd pick Hot Springs, as I've never been to that part of Arkansas before.

Taliesin(Frank Lloyd Wright's studio) in Spring Green, WI, or Park Inn (a rare hotel Frank Lloyd Wright designed) in Mason City, IA?
Spring Green. I've been to Taliesin West, but not to the original.

Unity Temple, Oak Park IL (Frank Lloyd Wright), or Wayfarers Chapel, Palos Verdes CA (Lloyd Wright)?

Old 10-12-2021, 03:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW4me View Post
Spring Green. I've been to Taliesin West, but not to the original.

Unity Temple, Oak Park IL (Frank Lloyd Wright), or Wayfarers Chapel, Palos Verdes CA (Lloyd Wright)?
Wayfarers Chapel for me, since I've been to Unity Temple before.

Speaking of the museums comparison, but different cities now. And speaking of the current NLDS team cities: museums in Los Angeles, or museums in San Francisco?

Old 10-13-2021, 02:36 PM

13,611 posts, read 7,915,420 times
Quote:
Speaking of the museums comparison, but different cities now. And speaking of the current NLDS team cities: museums in Los Angeles, or museums in San Francisco?
I'm thinking LA. I don't know a whole lot about these two cities' museum offerings, but LA has the iconic Getty art museum, the Academy Museum of Motion Pictures, and the La Brea Tar Pits - all of which seem very interesting.

Ajijic, Jalisco, Mexico or North Bay, Ontario, Canada?

Old 10-14-2021, 12:33 AM

3,882 posts, read 2,193,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
I'm thinking LA. I don't know a whole lot about these two cities' museum offerings, but LA has the iconic Getty art museum, the Academy Museum of Motion Pictures, and the La Brea Tar Pits - all of which seem very interesting.

Ajijic, Jalisco, Mexico or North Bay, Ontario, Canada?
North Bay. Want to visit both but Canada more so. Eureka Springs ARK or Eureka CA?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City