Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-21-2021, 09:09 PM

1,731 posts, read 1,889,980 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW4me View Post
Hmm, not an easy choice.... each is in the middle of some amazing scenery.
But I'd go to Telluride, because I'm not as familiar with CO as with CA.
And judging by Streetview pics, some of CO's best peaks are close by.
Btw, I'd visit in the summer.... I don't ski and don't like cold weather.

Boston or Chicago?
I'm more familiar with Chicago and Boston would offer something new, but still Chicago because I discover something new on each visit

Portland, Oregon or Nashville
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2021, 06:24 AM

8,977 posts, read 17,281,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRedTide View Post
I'm more familiar with Chicago and Boston would offer something new, but still Chicago because I discover something new on each visit

Portland, Oregon or Nashville
Having been to Nashville, I'll go Portland here.

Seattle or Boise

Old 10-22-2021, 07:49 PM

3,883 posts, read 2,194,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
Having been to Nashville, I'll go Portland here.

Seattle or Boise
Seattle. I've always wanted to visit. Montreal or Mexico City?

Old 10-22-2021, 11:51 PM

3,444 posts, read 3,368,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
Seattle. I've always wanted to visit. Montreal or Mexico City?
I'll go with Mexico City. As I've never been there, unlike Montreal where I have visited there before.

And since I ate at a German restaurant today, I'm thinking of German settled towns here:

Frankenmuth, MI, or Fredericksburg, TX?

Old 10-23-2021, 09:26 PM

9,679 posts, read 9,380,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
I'll go with Mexico City. As I've never been there, unlike Montreal where I have visited there before.

And since I ate at a German restaurant today, I'm thinking of German settled towns here:

Frankenmuth, MI, or Fredericksburg, TX?
Definitely Fredericksburg. I watched a PBS special on the city's German culture. It looked like a friendly place. The restaurants and bakeries were nice, too.

Ocean City, MD or Destin, FL?

Old 10-25-2021, 07:44 AM

13,611 posts, read 7,918,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Ocean City, MD or Destin, FL?
Ocean City just because it's different. I live somewhat close to Destin and have been there before.

I've been to beaches in the South and Northeast, but never the Mid-Atlantic; so I'm curious to see what it's like.

Anticosti Island, Quebec or Wrangell Island, Alaska?

Old 10-25-2021, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
Ocean City just because it's different. I live somewhat close to Destin and have been there before.

I've been to beaches in the South and Northeast, but never the Mid-Atlantic; so I'm curious to see what it's like.

Anticosti Island, Quebec or Wrangell Island, Alaska?
Wrangell, since the scenery looks more interesting there vs. Anticosti. It needs more than a waterfall lol, for me to consider going there.

Galveston, TX, or Natchez, MS?

Old 10-25-2021, 01:48 PM

3,883 posts, read 2,194,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
Wrangell, since the scenery looks more interesting there vs. Anticosti. It needs more than a waterfall lol, for me to consider going there.

Galveston, TX, or Natchez, MS?
Both would be nice but I'd pick Galveston. Florida Keys or California's Channel Islands?

Old 10-25-2021, 01:53 PM

13,611 posts, read 7,918,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
Florida Keys or California's Channel Islands?
Definitely the Channel Islands. Although the Keys is one of the few parts of Florida I've never visited, I'm familiar enough with Florida that I don't feel like I'm missing much. The Channel Islands and the Pacific coast in general look spectacular, and I'd love to visit.

Hamilton County, Florida or Lauderdale County, Alabama?

Old 10-27-2021, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
Definitely the Channel Islands. Although the Keys is one of the few parts of Florida I've never visited, I'm familiar enough with Florida that I don't feel like I'm missing much. The Channel Islands and the Pacific coast in general look spectacular, and I'd love to visit.

Hamilton County, Florida or Lauderdale County, Alabama?
Lauderdale, since I'd rather visit the Shoals region of northwest Alabama. Along with the music recording studio, even though that's in one of the towns south of the Tennessee River and just outside of Lauderdale County. I know Hamilton County has Madison Blue Spring (Florida) State Park, but I can't see anything else that'd make me want to visit that county. And honestly for panhandle region FL state parks, I'd rather visit Florida Caverns, which is a little west of Tallahassee.

Mississippi Delta museums, since I'm not sure if the Delta region has ever been brought up in this thread before(other than occasionally the cities of Vicksburg and/or Natchez): The B.B. King Museum and Delta Interpretive Center in Indianola, or the Birthplace of Kermit the Frog Museum in Leland?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City