Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2021, 04:22 PM

4,606 posts, read 2,996,667 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
Mississippi Delta museums, since I'm not sure if the Delta region has ever been brought up in this thread before(other than occasionally the cities of Vicksburg and/or Natchez): The B.B. King Museum and Delta Interpretive Center in Indianola, or the Birthplace of Kermit the Frog Museum in Leland?
I'd ride with the King!

Mt Rainier National Park, or Grand Teton National Park?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2021, 05:18 PM

2,337 posts, read 2,284,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW4me View Post
I'd ride with the King!

Mt Rainier National Park, or Grand Teton National Park?
Grand Teton NP. I wasn’t that impressed with Mt. Rainier NP, partially because the weather was bad and I couldn’t really see the mountain. That’s a real risk to going there. When it was clear it still wasn’t that impressive up close. I’d say just try to see it from Seattle and go to Olympic NP instead.

Park City, UT or Sun Valley, ID

Old 10-27-2021, 05:49 PM

3,887 posts, read 2,199,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FL_Expert View Post
Grand Teton NP. I wasn’t that impressed with Mt. Rainier NP, partially because the weather was bad and I couldn’t really see the mountain. That’s a real risk to going there. When it was clear it still wasn’t that impressive up close. I’d say just try to see it from Seattle and go to Olympic NP instead.

Park City, UT or Sun Valley, ID
Park City seems more interesting to me. Birmingham AL or Richmond VA?

Old 10-28-2021, 11:49 AM

3,444 posts, read 3,372,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
Park City seems more interesting to me. Birmingham AL or Richmond VA?
Both these 2 cities are ones I've driven through, but never visited. I guess I'd give the very slight edge to Richmond, since I REALLY would like to see the Edgar Allen(sp?) Poe Museum. Plus all the museums there(i.e. its Civil War museum). Although I'd also really like to see Sloss Furnaces and Rickwood Field(a still in use minor league ballpark, and it also once had Negro League games) in Birmingham, myself.

I don't think these comparisons often enough cover Canada, so I'll turn north of the border for one here: Calgary, or Winnipeg?

Old 10-28-2021, 12:39 PM

13,611 posts, read 7,927,714 times
Quote:
I don't think these comparisons often enough cover Canada, so I'll turn north of the border for one here: Calgary, or Winnipeg?
Definitely Calgary. I'd want to visit in July for the Calgary Stampede. Even besides that, it seems like a much more interesting and cosmopolitan city. Winnipeg strikes me as somewhat backwater when compared to Canada's other major cities.

Staying in Alberta, which of Alberta’s lesser known secondary cities would you rather visit:

Lethbridge or Medicine Hat?

Old 10-28-2021, 04:57 PM

10,749 posts, read 23,813,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
Definitely Calgary. I'd want to visit in July for the Calgary Stampede. Even besides that, it seems like a much more interesting and cosmopolitan city. Winnipeg strikes me as somewhat backwater when compared to Canada's other major cities.

Staying in Alberta, which of Alberta’s lesser known secondary cities would you rather visit:

Lethbridge or Medicine Hat?
Lethbridge. Neither capture tourist interest like Banff or Jasper, but Lethbridge is less isolated, closer to the Rockies, and Calgary with freeway access. Plus it's fairly close to Montana, and Waterton Lakes/ Glacier NP. Medicine Hat has prairies and is closer to Saskatchewan, middle of nowhere.

Keeping another Canadian pairing...

Prince Edward Island or Newfoundland?

Old 10-28-2021, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champ le monstre du lac View Post
Lethbridge. Neither capture tourist interest like Banff or Jasper, but Lethbridge is less isolated, closer to the Rockies, and Calgary with freeway access. Plus it's fairly close to Montana, and Waterton Lakes/ Glacier NP. Medicine Hat has prairies and is closer to Saskatchewan, middle of nowhere.

Keeping another Canadian pairing...

Prince Edward Island or Newfoundland?
Prince Edward Island, since to me there's more I'd want to do there vs. in Newfoundland. And is it just me, or does NF seem too rural for my preferences? I'm sure Saint John's is nice, but not sure if there are any other cities and towns I'd have any remote interest in wanting to see in NF.

Back to the US, and doing a state vs. state comparison. Wyoming, or Idaho?

Old 10-28-2021, 06:32 PM

1,205 posts, read 1,854,531 times
Quote:
Prince Edward Island, since to me there's more I'd want to do there vs. in Newfoundland. And is it just me, or does NF seem too rural for my preferences? I'm sure Saint John's is nice, but not sure if there are any other cities and towns I'd have any remote interest in wanting to see in NF.

Back to the US, and doing a state vs. state comparison. Wyoming, or Idaho?
Idaho

I spent a month during the height of winter in Wyoming back when I was in the Army training at a little place called Guernsey, needless to say that was a month too long. Idaho just seems to have better scenery in general.

UP Michigan or coastal Maine?

Old 10-29-2021, 01:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spudcommando View Post
Idaho

I spent a month during the height of winter in Wyoming back when I was in the Army training at a little place called Guernsey, needless to say that was a month too long. Idaho just seems to have better scenery in general.

UP Michigan or coastal Maine?
I'd go with coastal Maine, as I've never been there. I do also like the Upper Peninsula, but have traveled there before. If I ever again visit Lake Superior, I'd like to see the Wisconsin(i.e. Apostle Islands, Ashland) and Minnesota(i.e. Duluth, Apostle Islands) parts of it.

US national parks/national forests in US territories: American Samoa National Park, or El Yunque National Forest in Puerto Rico?

Old 10-29-2021, 08:21 AM

13,611 posts, read 7,927,714 times
Quote:
US national parks/national forests in US territories: American Samoa National Park, or El Yunque National Forest in Puerto Rico?
American Samoa National Park. It's a far more exotic location; and I've never been to the Pacific, while I have been to the Caribbean and Atlantic.

Iowa or Indiana?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City