Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-22-2021, 07:23 AM

3,444 posts, read 3,372,483 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
I've been to Flagstaff. I liked it a lot and would love to go back. But, I can't resist the pull of the undiscovered, so I'd pick Bend. I'm surprised at how similar the Bend area looks to the Flagstaff area. It's much more arid than I expected.

Copper Canyon (Chihuahua, Mexico) or Grand Canyon (Arizona)?
Copper Canyon, since I've never been there myself. And had been to the Grand Canyon before.

The Tulum ruins south of Cancun, Mexico, or Cahokia Mounds in Illinois just east of Saint Louis?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2021, 07:47 AM

6,375 posts, read 4,993,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
Copper Canyon, since I've never been there myself. And had been to the Grand Canyon before.

The Tulum ruins south of Cancun, Mexico, or Cahokia Mounds in Illinois just east of Saint Louis?
Tulum, definitely. I've been to Cahokia twice. It's cool for walking up the mounds and reading the plaques about what was there in the past, but I wish they'd take one of the mounds and reconstruct the fortress and king's house that used to be on top.

Amoeba Music (San Francisco) or Electric Fetus (Minneapolis)?

Old 12-23-2021, 07:29 AM

13,611 posts, read 7,927,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTimidBlueBars View Post
Amoeba Music (San Francisco) or Electric Fetus (Minneapolis)?
~20 years ago and I would have been thrilled to visit either, but I'm not as much into popular music as I used to be. Considering that Amoeba makes it clear on their website that they are True Believers™ in our newest worldwide religion ("All customers and staff must wear a face covering or mask over the nose and mouth at all times while inside all Amoeba stores"), I'll take my chances with Electric Fetus.

Barrie, Ontario, Canada or Oshkosh, Wisconsin?

Old 12-23-2021, 11:50 AM

3,887 posts, read 2,199,041 times
Quote:
~20 years ago and I would have been thrilled to visit either, but I'm not as much into popular music as I used to be. Considering that Amoeba makes it clear on their website that they are True Believers™ in our newest worldwide religion ("All customers and staff must wear a face covering or mask over the nose and mouth at all times while inside all Amoeba stores"), I'll take my chances with Electric Fetus.

Barrie, Ontario, Canada or Oshkosh, Wisconsin?
Barrie since I've never been to Canada. Algonquin Provincial Park Ontario Canada or Branff National Park Alberta Canada?

Old 12-29-2021, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
Algonquin Provincial Park Ontario Canada or Branff National Park Alberta Canada?
I'd rather visit Banff. Nothing against Algonquin; it looks really nice, but to me this isn't even a fair comparison. Banff is one of the most incredible places on earth.

Iberia Parish, Louisiana or State of Tabasco, Mexico?

Old 12-30-2021, 10:53 AM

Quote:
I'd rather visit Banff. Nothing against Algonquin; it looks really nice, but to me this isn't even a fair comparison. Banff is one of the most incredible places on earth.

Iberia Parish, Louisiana or State of Tabasco, Mexico?
Iberia. I have no desire to visit Mexico. Which has better museums and cultural activities, Boston or San Francisco?

Old 12-31-2021, 06:29 PM

9,680 posts, read 9,390,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
Iberia. I have no desire to visit Mexico. Which has better museums and cultural activities, Boston or San Francisco?
Boston for sure. San Francisco has changed too much from what it was.

L'Auberge de Sedona, AZ or The Inn at Bay Harbor, MI?

Old 01-04-2022, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
L'Auberge de Sedona, AZ or The Inn at Bay Harbor, MI?
Wow, both of these places look incredible. You must work in the hospitality industry to know about all of these places.

The one in Sedona is definitely more high-end and luxurious, but I think I'd actually choose The Inn at Bay Harbor. I just love Michigan in the summer time, and its lakeside location is amazing. It's a bit more my speed and my crowd, I think.

National Museum of the US Air Force (Dayton, Ohio) or National Naval Aviation Museum (Pensacola, Florida)?

Old 01-04-2022, 11:30 AM

16,554 posts, read 10,618,310 times
Quote:
Wow, both of these places look incredible. You must work in the hospitality industry to know about all of these places.

The one in Sedona is definitely more high-end and luxurious, but I think I'd actually choose The Inn at Bay Harbor. I just love Michigan in the summer time, and its lakeside location is amazing. It's a bit more my speed and my crowd, I think.

National Museum of the US Air Force (Dayton, Ohio) or National Naval Aviation Museum (Pensacola, Florida)?
For an aviation nut like me, this is like choosing between chocolate and strawberry ice cream; you might have a preference, but both of them are delicious! I've been to the Air Force museum and it was a fantastic experience. Since I haven't yet had the opportunity to see the Naval museum, I'll pick that one.

And speaking of the navy . . . the aircraft carrier USS Yorktown in Mount Pleasant, SC (across the river from Charleston) or the aircraft carrier USS Midway in San Diego, CA?

Old 01-05-2022, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
For an aviation nut like me, this is like choosing between chocolate and strawberry ice cream; you might have a preference, but both of them are delicious! I've been to the Air Force museum and it was a fantastic experience. Since I haven't yet had the opportunity to see the Naval museum, I'll pick that one.

And speaking of the navy . . . the aircraft carrier USS Yorktown in Mount Pleasant, SC (across the river from Charleston) or the aircraft carrier USS Midway in San Diego, CA?
USS Yorktown since I've never been to the Charleston SC area. Hartford CT or Sacramento CA?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City