Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which Is A Better City To Live, Miami, Florida Or SoCal If You're AFFLUENT?
Miami, Florida 30 34.48%
SoCal 52 59.77%
Both 5 5.75%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2021, 06:55 AM

3,733 posts, read 2,887,330 times

Advertisements

This whole thread makes me ache....is that still a thing to say? It sounds like someone has a living like James Bond fantasy. Fantasy...not based in reality. I guess I'm not a fan of "let's pretend" threads. To answer the "let's pretend" question, though, neither of the options offered, would be my answer. But, then, living that way doesn't appeal to me, either...the word "vapid" comes to mind. I think "Neither" should have been offered as an option, along with the "Both", that was offered.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2021, 08:19 AM

103 posts, read 100,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enean View Post
This whole thread makes me ache....is that still a thing to say? It sounds like someone has a living like James Bond fantasy. Fantasy...not based in reality. I guess I'm not a fan of "let's pretend" threads. To answer the "let's pretend" question, though, neither of the options offered, would be my answer. But, then, living that way doesn't appeal to me, either...the word "vapid" comes to mind. I think "Neither" should have been offered as an option, along with the "Both", that was offered.
I respect your Opinion.

Old 01-12-2021, 08:27 AM

3,197 posts, read 2,654,446 times
IMO, neither. SoCal shot itself in the foot and Miami is on it's way on being another SoCal. I know this thread is about what if's and all that, but cities that only cater to the 1% are the epitome of fake, generic, boring and sterile. Even if I had all the money in the world, I would rather be in a city that was funky, bohemian, hip, affordable and had character rather than a city (or areas) where people have a dick measuring contest on who has the most assets.

Old 01-12-2021, 08:50 AM

This Miami Sunset is magical:

Old 01-12-2021, 09:12 AM

3,733 posts, read 2,887,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphire Dragon View Post
I respect your Opinion.
Please don't take it personally...that was not my intent. I just like "real", I guess.

Old 01-12-2021, 08:02 PM

23,688 posts, read 9,375,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphire Dragon View Post
Specifically for:
(i) Models
(ii) Private Jets
(iii) Yachts
(iv) Supercars
(v) Outdoor Activities
(vi) Low Crime Rate
(vii) Mega Mansions
I would choose South Florida mainly because of no state income tax and lower cost of living.

Old 01-13-2021, 09:23 AM

24/7 Wall St. Miami's Standing for 'Americas 50 Best Cities To Live' 2021 Report:

(31) Palm Beach, Florida
(32) Coral Gables, Florida

SoCal's Standings are as follows:

(2) Manhattan Beach, California
(4) Newport Beach, California
(16) Solana Beach, California
(27) Goleta, California

https://247wallst.com/special-report...es-to-live-10/

Old 01-13-2021, 10:05 AM

13,966 posts, read 24,156,607 times
If you are truly wealthy, it shouldn't matter to you what the politics and taxes are within a state or city. What will matter is what sort of lifestyle you want. Both LA and Miami offer advantages to different types of lifestyles. Choose accordingly.

Old 01-14-2021, 04:09 AM

Miami is a city in Florida with a population of 451,214. Miami is in Miami-Dade County. Living in Miami offers residents an urban feel and most residents rent their homes. In Miami there are a lot of bars, restaurants, coffee shops, and parks. Many young professionals live in Miami and residents tend to be liberal. The public schools in Miami are above average.

Overall Niche Grade B+
https://www.niche.com/places-to-live...miami-dade-fl/

Newport Beach is a town in California with a population of 86,280. Newport Beach is in Orange County and is one of the best places to live in California. Living in Newport Beach offers residents an urban suburban mix feel and most residents own their homes. In Newport Beach there are a lot of bars, restaurants, coffee shops, and parks. Many young professionals and retirees live in Newport Beach and residents tend to lean conservative. The public schools in Newport Beach are highly rated.

Overall Niche Grade A+
https://www.niche.com/places-to-live...ach-orange-ca/

Manhattan Beach is a suburb of Los Angeles with a population of 35,573. Manhattan Beach is in Los Angeles County and is one of the best places to live in California. Living in Manhattan Beach offers residents a sparse suburban feel and most residents own their homes. In Manhattan Beach there are a lot of bars, restaurants, coffee shops, and parks. Many families live in Manhattan Beach and residents tend to be liberal. The public schools in Manhattan Beach are highly rated.

Overall Niche Grade A+
https://www.niche.com/places-to-live...os-angeles-ca/

Rankings of SoCal places are also better.

LA (88) scores higher than Miami (79) in Versus:
https://versus.com/en/los-angeles-vs-miami

Old 01-14-2021, 04:51 AM

6,558 posts, read 12,044,134 times
I voted both as they both offer the same. It's up to personal preference as far as climate, geography, location, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City