Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which of these three cities has more friendlier people, less snobbier people, and less mean people?
Phoenix, AZ 34 39.53%
Denver, CO 11 12.79%
Salt Lake City, UT 41 47.67%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2021, 12:36 PM

16,508 posts, read 26,301,334 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by locolife View Post
It wasn't over the top, like I said but it was noticeable and just kind of a turnoff to me. I agree the west is great but I've traveled enough to know that there are countless amazing outdoor destinations all over the country. I prefer people to be blown away when they see what Arizona has to offer.
You'd prefer someone act that way about Arizona's recreational activities?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2021, 01:17 PM

4,222 posts, read 3,732,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
You'd prefer someone act that way about Arizona's recreational activities?
I prefer visitors be blown away when they see it as opposed to having it things hyped up through comments made by locals. I like being under the radar personally because most of the time hype doesn't live up to the expectations it creates.

Old 05-06-2021, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by locolife View Post
I prefer visitors be blown away when they see it as opposed to having it things hyped up through comments made by locals. I like being under the radar personally because most of the time hype doesn't live up to the expectations it creates.
Oh I get ya. I mean if you really believe all the hype about cities, they're a bit naive. No city is perfect.

Old 05-06-2021, 02:36 PM

157 posts, read 137,461 times
I agree with most everyone else the people are extremely into themselves in Denver. I'm 5'9†so a slight 10lb change in weight from 180 to 170 I am treated completely differently.

At the gyms here people just stare at themselves in the mirror, its typical to be in a gym with 100 people and not a single person having a conversation.

People don't really know how to have a conversation here, everything is very short/lame.

Last edited by Denverpro; 05-06-2021 at 02:46 PM..

Old 05-26-2021, 02:08 AM

88 posts, read 85,939 times
So I am actually traveling to Denver next month for a vacation. I will come back and let you all know what I thought of the people. I will say too, Denver looks more like a Midwestern City than a Southwestern City. Hence, I feel Phoenix will be much friendlier.

Old 05-26-2021, 08:41 AM

393 posts, read 261,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaricopaCountyResident View Post
So I am actually traveling to Denver next month for a vacation. I will come back and let you all know what I thought of the people. I will say too, Denver looks more like a Midwestern City than a Southwestern City. Hence, I feel Phoenix will be much friendlier.
How is Denver midwestern?

Old 05-26-2021, 11:08 AM

88 posts, read 85,939 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yOm-nbOMNA&t=1697s

The snow in Denver sticks in the winter. It kind of reminded me of Wisconsin a little. When people say it does not stick, I was under the impression that it melts instantly during the day like it does in El Paso, TX. Denver does not really seem like a city you'd see in the southwest. Also, the neighboring states such as Kansas and Nebraska are all Midwestern States.

I can already say, I definitely prefer Phoenix over Denver, but I want to see some things in Denver. There won't be snow in the summer anyways.

Old 05-26-2021, 12:04 PM

94 posts, read 184,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly Dragon View Post
How is Denver midwestern?
Coming from the Midwest, Denver does seem to have a midwestern feel to it. All the transplants from the Midwest might be part of the reason. It also has a bit of California feel to it to me, especially in the Denver area.

Old 05-30-2021, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaricopaCountyResident View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yOm-nbOMNA&t=1697s

The snow in Denver sticks in the winter. It kind of reminded me of Wisconsin a little. When people say it does not stick, I was under the impression that it melts instantly during the day like it does in El Paso, TX. Denver does not really seem like a city you'd see in the southwest. Also, the neighboring states such as Kansas and Nebraska are all Midwestern States.

I can already say, I definitely prefer Phoenix over Denver, but I want to see some things in Denver. There won't be snow in the summer anyways.
The snow definitely doesn't stick. It does melt instantly during the day.

What does the southwest have to do with friendliness, compared to the Midwest? (Denver isn't midwestern)

Old 05-30-2021, 08:57 PM

94 posts, read 184,525 times
Come on now. The snow absolutely sticks, except on certain warmer days in late spring or early fall. It also doesn't always melt the next day, which you read a lot on this forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City