Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2024, 10:34 AM

4,686 posts, read 3,037,752 times

Advertisements

Pittsburgh, Cleveland, and Cincinnati.

They're often made the butts of jokes,
but I have no doubt there are plenty of historic sites,
architectural landmarks and intriguing neighborhoods to explore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2024, 08:17 PM

7 posts, read 528 times
The very top of my list right now is Philadelphia, very historic, cool food scene, and it's the only major east coast city I haven't been to (which are all like an hour flight from where I live). Planning to get there in the next year or so.

Others I have interest in are.

Vegas - Just want to experience it once, I'm not sure it's the type of city I'd enjoy, but the food and entertainment options are insane. But, past that I feel it may lack things on a cultural level and the type of exploring I like to do in cities.

Detroit - Only a 4 hour drive west and an international border from where I live. I've enjoyed Cleveland when I've gone (longtime Browns fan), and it'd be cool to see what another Rust belt city is like. I've heard major improvements have been made in the past decade. Culturally, it's contributed a ton in music. The food scene looks great, and when I travel what I enjoy most is finding local institutions for food, and I love checking out cities specialties (like Chicago for Italian Beef/Deep Dish, NYC for Pastrami/Pizza, Texas for Brisket/Tex-Mex, etc).

Memphis - huge BBQ city, tons of iconic bbq spots and cool history. Would love to see the Blues stuff and some other things.

Nashville - Seems to really be a great city for entertainment, although I'm not a country fan so it's not gonna be maximized for me. Broadway looks great.

Kansas City- Mainly related to going to one of the most major BBQ cities in North America, not much past that. But, it'd be cool to explore.

Been but not since I was kid, so honourable mention to DC.

Just for reference my two favorite American cities I've been to are NYC and Chicago, but I also loved Boston and SF, found San Antonio for Riverwalk really cool. Was in LA in December, loved the weather and there was some cool things, but everything is so far apart I found it frustrating. I like cities with dense walkable cores or at least have cool stuff a 10 minute uber away.

Old Today, 05:34 PM

164 posts, read 127,356 times
Want to Visit

Pheonix area AZ
San Antonio TX
Austin TX (Possibly Im not too sure on this one)
Duluth area MN (North Shore)
Lake Tahoe CA /NV
Detroit Metro MI (Possibly)
New York , NY
Boston, Mass

Places I would Probably Miss
Portland, OR
Sacramento,CA
Stockton, CA
Seattle, WA( I'm not so sure about this one)
Lubbock TX
El Paso TX
Kansas City Mo
Atlanta GA
Denver CO
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City