Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2021, 06:35 PM

5,518 posts, read 8,765,046 times

Advertisements

Places I haven't been and would like to visit:

Tallahassee
Miami/Miami Beach
Madison Wisc.
Cleveland
Denver
Houston
Phoenix
Tucson
Albuquerque
Vancouver B.C.
Toronto

Places I haven't been in years but would like to visit now

Buffalo
St. Louis
Minneapolis
Tampa
Atlanta
New Orleans

Places I haven't been and have no interest in visiting

Boise
Oklahoma City
Salt Lake City
Des Moines
Omaha
Jacksonville

Places on the cusp of go/no go if I had the chance

Cincinnati
Charlotte
Kansas City

Just before the pandemic started I did get a chance to go to Honolulu though, one of the U.S. cities on my bucket list. Can't wait to go back, but boy is that long plane trip! Aside from maybe an eventual visit to a national park, I can skip most of the mountain west and great plains states.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2021, 06:52 PM

6,806 posts, read 6,031,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjlo View Post
Places I want to go that I haven't visited yet(Driven through some of them but never really stopped):

Portland ME

Places I haven't spent time in but am not real motivated to:

Boston
It'd be tricky to get to Portland, ME without passing through the Boston area.

Anyway, my big 2021 bucket list cities are Chicago and Milwaukee for the US.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccm123 View Post
Warwick, RI

Last edited by Boston Shudra; 06-04-2021 at 07:08 PM..

Old 06-04-2021, 07:07 PM

24,556 posts, read 18,239,810 times
Portland Oregon - Connected in the airport going to Vancouver once. I’d like to check out the city.

Charleston SC

Pittsburgh- Another place where I once connected a lot in the US Air days but never got to the city.

I wouldn’t go there to see Pensacola or Mobile but I’d like to check out the Redneck Riviera.

Madison WI

Boise

My “no desire” list is failed cities in the Northeast. I’ve had plenty of exposure. I have no desire to ever get to the couple in Connecticut or the longer list in New Jersey and upstate NY I haven’t been to.

Old 06-04-2021, 07:16 PM

24,556 posts, read 18,239,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccm123 View Post
Billings, MT
Burlington, VT,
Warwick, RI
I have used TF Green Airport in Warwick many times. I’ve been on the Route 1 strip. I go to Cranston next to it occasionally. They have the closest REI and some other retail storefronts in that shopping area. I can’t imagine why Warwick would make a list.

Old 06-04-2021, 08:39 PM

3,444 posts, read 3,368,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
Portland Oregon - Connected in the airport going to Vancouver once. I’d like to check out the city.

Charleston SC

Pittsburgh- Another place where I once connected a lot in the US Air days but never got to the city.

I wouldn’t go there to see Pensacola or Mobile but I’d like to check out the Redneck Riviera.

Madison WI

Boise

My “no desire” list is failed cities in the Northeast. I’ve had plenty of exposure. I have no desire to ever get to the couple in Connecticut or the longer list in New Jersey and upstate NY I haven’t been to.
Speaking of those 3 states, I know at least for damn sure that I wouldn't want to visit Camden or Atlantic City in New Jersey. Maybe also Newark, at least from the little I've heard about it(will say I hadn't looked at its City Data statistics page more, to make a better determination on that one). In Connecticut, I wouldn't have any interest in visiting Bridgeport. Also seeing it from the Metro North Train other than a minor league ballpark, there wasn't much that struck me of any interest there.

That said, I wouldn't mind possibly visiting Hartford someday. And for NJ I kinda want to see Asbury Park, if just for its history. And the fact Bruce Springsteen was if I recall correctly, from here. Honestly, Asbury Park is one of the few places I'd have interest in visiting, on NJ's coast. Maybe I could be swayed to visit other places on NJ's coast, if I investigated them further(i.e. Cape May)?

For upstate NY, I think I'd want to visit the Finger Lakes area(west of Ithaca) the most, and perhaps also Cortland and Binghamton. And on a side note wouldn't mind also seeing Cooperstown for the Baseball HOF, and perhaps Woodstock, NY if that festival's original 1960s festival site is one you can visit? For further north NY state(north of I-90 and the NY Turnpike), I wouldn't mind visiting Wehle State Park, the 'Thousand Islands' region of islands near the NY and Ontario border, the Adirondack Park, and maybe potentially some of the other smaller towns further north? I.e. Potsdam, Lake Placid, Plattsburgh to name examples. It's one of those regions(Adirondack Park plus the towns north and east of there), I'd like to someday research further. If anyone else wants to respond and recommend their favorite places to visit near the Adirondacks, that'd be appreciated.

Further west in NY, wouldn't mind one day visiting Rochester and Buffalo, and of course also see Niagara Falls(the falls itself, not so much spend time in Niagara Falls, NY or or the touristy Ontario city). And whenever the NY/ON land border reopens, maybe do a side trip or 2 into Ontario.

Old 06-04-2021, 08:45 PM

5,293 posts, read 6,056,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston Shudra View Post
It'd be tricky to get to Portland, ME without passing through the Boston area.
Such is life. If I were in the area I'd spend time in Boston, for whatever reason it's just one of those places that's never really peaked my personal interest. I wouldn't seek it out as a specific destination, me listing it wasn't meant as a slight to anyone. Everyone has those places, typically they are the places that I like lol.

Old 06-04-2021, 09:54 PM

11,428 posts, read 5,973,383 times
Someday I am going to go on a reverse city tour. Meaning, all the cities that I reallty don't want to visit.

Memphis Tennessee
Detroit Michigan
St. Louis, Misery
Cleveland, Ohio
Tulsa Oklahoma
Tuscon Arizona
Little Rock Arkansas
Birmingham Alabama
Buffalo New York

Just to do it. I am a little bit crazy.

Old 06-04-2021, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjlo View Post
Everyone has those places.
Guess I haven't really thought about it. If pressed, I suppose I'm not all that interested in visiting Detroit, Grand Rapids, Minneapolis, Oklahoma City, Des Moines, Tampa, San Jose, or Indianapolis.

In any case, if you end up visiting Portland, you may want to stop if not in Boston proper then in some of the cities between it and Portland (e.g. Salem, Newburyport, and Portsmouth).

Old 06-04-2021, 10:21 PM

3,444 posts, read 3,368,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston Shudra View Post
Guess I haven't really thought about it. If pressed, I suppose I'm not all that interested in visiting Detroit, Grand Rapids, Minneapolis, Oklahoma City, Des Moines, Tampa, San Jose, or Indianapolis.

In any case, if you end up visiting Portland, you may want to stop if not in Boston proper then in some of the cities between it and Portland (e.g. Salem, Newburyport, and Portsmouth).
Newburyport(MA) and Portsmouth(NH) I'd love to visit, for sure. In the past I street viewed both those 2 places, and liked how nice they looked. Hadn't researched Salem(MA I assume) yet on street view, but I bet that'd be nice to visit as well.

Would you guys say Nashua(NH) is nice to visit? I know at least at one brief time one of my relatives lived there, and liked living there. Not sure if she still lives there, as of now.

Old 06-05-2021, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
Would you guys say Nashua(NH) is nice to visit?
Not reeally. Nashua’s nice enough as far as small New England cities go. It has a decent mix of shops and restaurants downtown but it just doesn’t cater to tourists in the same way that the coastal cities do. You’d probably run out of things to see and do pretty quickly as a visitor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City