Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2021, 11:42 AM

1,052 posts, read 798,021 times

Advertisements

Chicago for the dozens of blues and jazz venues.

Austin bills itself as the Live Music Capital of the World, though many of the venues are being demolished to build office buildings.

LA as epicenter of the music industry has dozens of live music venues.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2021, 12:09 PM

21,629 posts, read 12,754,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Miami, Bay Area, DC, Philadelphia, Seattle, Las Vegas, New Orleans, etc.

It would help alot if you were more specific. Every city has "something to do" after 5pm on a weekday. Even if its going to the Applebee's bar with your high school sweetheart. Every large city will be able to accommodate this but you need to be more specific with what exactly you want and where you come from so you can have better answers. Most people will suggest their city or the largest cities.

I hope you don't live in Chicago and think there's nothing to do on weekday nights. Only New York could satisfy that urge.
Live music? I could have missed this in DC but while it does have good nightlife and clubs, It's not really a "live music" hub. I would put Nashville a dead of most of this list

Old 09-03-2021, 03:40 AM

3,444 posts, read 3,372,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBornMassMade View Post
Live music? I could have missed this in DC but while it does have good nightlife and clubs, It's not really a "live music" hub. I would put Nashville a dead of most of this list
I never pictured DC, as having a lot of music venues and bars. Maybe a few exist here and there, but I didn't think it had too many such bars. One option that some may overlook as having a bunch of such music bars, is Key West. Where there are numerous such bars, close to Duval Street.

And a few posts back, myself and annie touched on a few good such cities. Like the poster annie was saying, Montreal would be good if you don't mind that's in Canada. Though I could see some others also possibly being good for music, I.e. Las Vegas, Miami, and Memphis. From Memphis one could do a side trip to the town of Clarksdale, Mississippi for its blues bars, if they wanted to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprez33 View Post
Austin bills itself as the Live Music Capital of the World, though many of the venues are being demolished to build office buildings.

LA as epicenter of the music industry has dozens of live music venues.
That's sad, if increasingly more of the long time music venues in Austin are being demolished. And weird I nearly forgot to mention LA, since historically that city had a lot of music venues. Hopefully that's still the case, today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City