Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2022, 12:16 PM

1,804 posts, read 1,952,089 times

Advertisements

LOL with Charleston with the name coming from its parents.

I'll just go with Arlington, TX on this one. Natural suburban growth from older, central cities, and a lot of natives who grew up in either Dallas or Fort Worth moved to or near them in real life. The kid does like sports/theme parks more than their parents ever wished as well as a lack of appreciation of history as most younger people IRL do.

If Atlantic City and Santa Monica had a baby, what would it be?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2022, 12:30 PM

17,790 posts, read 13,682,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
My gut is telling me Tulsa, but since I've never been to Wichita (and have only passed through Tulsa), I could be way off base.
LOL. If Tulsa ever found about this they would claim they are an orphan. I can't think of anything more offensive to Tulsa than to find out they were the offspring of OKC and Wichita.

Old 02-03-2022, 07:58 PM

3,887 posts, read 2,199,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borntoolate85 View Post
LOL with Charleston with the name coming from its parents.

I'll just go with Arlington, TX on this one. Natural suburban growth from older, central cities, and a lot of natives who grew up in either Dallas or Fort Worth moved to or near them in real life. The kid does like sports/theme parks more than their parents ever wished as well as a lack of appreciation of history as most younger people IRL do.

If Atlantic City and Santa Monica had a baby, what would it be?
Don't know if this is what anyone else would think but I thought Santa Cruz CA would be the offspring. If San Diego and Denver had a baby who would it be?

Old 02-03-2022, 08:31 PM

9,680 posts, read 9,390,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
Don't know if this is what anyone else would think but I thought Santa Cruz CA would be the offspring. If San Diego and Denver had a baby who would it be?
Phoenix. Both have a large military presence. Flat topography in the city, but mountains in surrounding areas. Very upscale suburbs and leisurely cultures. Progressive, but not in your face.

If Nashville, TN and Cleveland, OH had a baby it would be?

Old 02-03-2022, 09:04 PM

12,163 posts, read 8,002,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post
The Town of Kansas and Minneapolis were both incorporated in 1850, though Fort Snelling predates Westport Landing. I'd say the two cities are twins separated at birth, one speaking with a Norwegian accent and the other with a Midwestern twang. (Besides, KC ranks second only to Minneapolis as a grain handling, milling and shipment center.)

Charleston, SC. It has that deep sense of its own historical importance that Boston also has (edited to add: and the city seals of Boston and Charleston look alike), but with a decided Southern accent, and it's kind of got that same go-go spirit that animates Charlotte but is missing from most Northeastern cities.

Dallas and Fort Worth have a baby. What is it?
Arlington Tx

Old 02-03-2022, 09:07 PM

1,804 posts, read 1,952,089 times
^
See post #121.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
If Nashville, TN and Cleveland, OH had a baby it would be?
Cincinnati, with Louisville being second born. A blend of Great Lakes rust belt and southern sunbelt features. The siblings would get into a fight with each other regarding musical tastes due to genetics, with one preferring rock and metal and the other preferring country. Growing somewhere in pace between their two parents.

If Jackson, MS and Detroit had a baby, what would it be?

Old 02-03-2022, 09:27 PM

6,376 posts, read 4,995,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borntoolate85 View Post
^
See post #121.

Cincinnati, with Louisville being second born. A blend of Great Lakes rust belt and southern sunbelt features. The siblings would get into a fight with each other regarding musical tastes due to genetics, with one preferring rock and metal and the other preferring country. Growing somewhere in pace between their two parents.

If Jackson, MS and Detroit had a baby, what would it be?
Memphis. Also a heavily black city with a strong musical history, intermediate between Jackson and Detroit in metro size, a bit more diverse than Jackson (7% Hispanic) but doesn't have Detroit's sizable Arab/Chaldean/white ethnic populations.

This one got skipped over so: lovechild of Indianapolis + LA?

Old 02-04-2022, 03:17 AM

345 posts, read 455,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTimidBlueBars View Post
Memphis. Also a heavily black city with a strong musical history, intermediate between Jackson and Detroit in metro size, a bit more diverse than Jackson (7% Hispanic) but doesn't have Detroit's sizable Arab/Chaldean/white ethnic populations.

This one got skipped over so: lovechild of Indianapolis + LA?

Sacramento.

Houston and Boston

Old 02-04-2022, 05:44 AM

14,166 posts, read 9,058,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felt38 View Post
Sacramento.

Houston and Boston
San Francisco. Its residents are as arrogant (and as full of themselves) as Bostonians, and its housing is outrageously pricey, much like Boston's. And its economy is fueled largely by one go-go industry like Houston's.

KCMo and KCK's child is...?

Old 02-04-2022, 06:58 AM

6,376 posts, read 4,995,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post
San Francisco. Its residents are as arrogant (and as full of themselves) as Bostonians, and its housing is outrageously pricey, much like Boston's. And its economy is fueled largely by one go-go industry like Houston's.

KCMo and KCK's child is...?
Omaha. Mid-sized city with just a hint of rust belt

Portland, ME + Portland, OR?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City