Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2022, 06:34 PM

6,376 posts, read 4,995,543 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmanshouse View Post
This one is tough, but I'll give it a shot.

Gonna go with Milwaukee.

All three are the largest cities in their states, Milwaukee blends the waterfront of Providence with the larger, more middle America OKC.

How about Tucson and New Orleans?
This is tough but I'm gonna say LA. Desert scenery, large Hispanic population + Mediterranean architecture, somewhat large black population, parties and nightlife, and musical importance.

Fresno + Pittsburgh?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2022, 08:55 PM

9,680 posts, read 9,390,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTimidBlueBars View Post
This is tough but I'm gonna say LA. Desert scenery, large Hispanic population + Mediterranean architecture, somewhat large black population, parties and nightlife, and musical importance.

Fresno + Pittsburgh?
Boise, ID. Newly gentrified. Craftsman, flannel guys/gals, and quickly diversifying economy. Smart investment.

St. Louis, MO + Jacksonville, FL

Old 02-24-2022, 09:18 PM

1,272 posts, read 2,181,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Boise, ID. Newly gentrified. Craftsman, flannel guys/gals, and quickly diversifying economy. Smart investment.

St. Louis, MO + Jacksonville, FL
I've actually lived in both cities.

I'd say that it would be something similar to Memphis if it was a river city. I'd say Virginia Beach/Newport News if it was a coastal city.

How about Boston + Houston?

Old 02-24-2022, 10:11 PM

2,818 posts, read 2,283,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by First24 View Post
Washington DC and Dallas would give birth to Atlanta. Relatives would comment that Atlanta favors the DC side of the family.
I would maybe say Dallas and DC suburbs. Not sure I see a ton of DC proper in ATL, beyond being black Meccas.

Old 02-24-2022, 10:41 PM

14,166 posts, read 9,058,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goat314 View Post
I've actually lived in both cities.

I'd say that it would be something similar to Memphis if it was a river city. I'd say Virginia Beach/Newport News if it was a coastal city.

How about Boston + Houston?
Los Angeles. Only not as college-town-y as Boston. The child would favor the Houston side of the family.

Charleston, SC, and Charleston, WV?

Old 02-24-2022, 11:07 PM

6,083 posts, read 10,700,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post
Los Angeles. Only not as college-town-y as Boston. The child would favor the Houston side of the family.
How about DC?

Diversity, sprawling suburbia, Southern attributes (Although not Deep South) like Houston.

Urbanity, History and scenic like Boston.

Climate kinda meets somewhere in the middle with DC having oppressive humid summers like Houston and a colder winter like Boston.

Quote:
Charleston, SC, and Charleston, WV?
Not quite sure but possibly Annapolis, MD? It reminds me of Charleston, SC for this historic core but maybe more similar to Charleston, WV when it comes to scenery (hills)?

SLC and Las Vegas?

Last edited by Mezter; 02-24-2022 at 11:30 PM..

Old 02-25-2022, 12:10 AM

6,376 posts, read 4,995,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mezter View Post
How about DC?

Diversity, sprawling suburbia, Southern attributes (Although not Deep South) like Houston.

Urbanity, History and scenic like Boston.

Climate kinda meets somewhere in the middle with DC having oppressive humid summers like Houston and a colder winter like Boston.

Not quite sure but possibly Annapolis, MD? It reminds me of Charleston, SC for this historic core but maybe more similar to Charleston, WV when it comes to scenery (hills)?

SLC and Las Vegas?
Mesa, AZ has a hot climate and cacti without the massive, proximate mountain ranges like the Wasatches and Oquirrhs, but also has light rail and a large LDS population.

Yakima, WA + Boston?

Old 02-25-2022, 05:42 AM

2,543 posts, read 2,863,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTimidBlueBars View Post
Mesa, AZ has a hot climate and cacti without the massive, proximate mountain ranges like the Wasatches and Oquirrhs, but also has light rail and a large LDS population.

Yakima, WA + Boston?
Aurora, CO... a large suburb that seems like a good blend between an isolated small city like Yakima and a large metropolis like Boston. It has proximity to mountains like Yakima but can still claim to be somewhat "centrally" positioned between the two locations. Demographically, it's a great blend between the two cities too.

Provo, UT + Tuscaloosa, AL?

Old 02-25-2022, 06:12 AM

6,807 posts, read 6,038,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyExpert View Post
Aurora, CO... a large suburb that seems like a good blend between an isolated small city like Yakima and a large metropolis like Boston. It has proximity to mountains like Yakima but can still claim to be somewhat "centrally" positioned between the two locations. Demographically, it's a great blend between the two cities too.

Provo, UT + Tuscaloosa, AL?
Manchester, NH - close to the mountains while also being a quick interstate ride from a bigger city like Provo. Eastern and with a more industrial history like Tuscaloosa. In a more conservative, "business friendly" state like both. Higher Ed is important to its economy in SNHU and to a lesser extent Saint Anslem also like both.

Providence + San Antonio?

Old 02-25-2022, 08:10 AM

1,802 posts, read 1,952,089 times
San Diego.

Shares the Hispanic/military culture of San Antonio, while throwing in the higher education, coastal life, and Italian-American culture of Providence. Inherits Sea World and the warm climate from dad, along with the proximity to an Alpha world city courtesy and close proximity to hillier areas from mom.

If Little Rock, AR and Buffalo, NY had a baby, what would it be?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City