Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2021, 07:19 PM

2,003 posts, read 2,884,396 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylord_Focker View Post
For good reason. You get to live in California at 70% the cost.
Well heck, if cost is the only criteria there's always Fresno... or maybe Blythe!
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2021, 07:22 PM

1,205 posts, read 1,856,176 times
Hell I'll take Sac over Bakersfield or Frenso.

Old 10-28-2021, 07:23 PM

14,062 posts, read 13,967,907 times
How Redding, CA area ?

Old 10-29-2021, 11:03 AM

36 posts, read 28,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homeinatx View Post
I am not surprised. While it will always be overshadowed by the Bay Area, and most Californians think it is a glorified Fresno, Sacramento is one of the most under-rated MSAs in the US. It is like Austin without the hype, and much better weather, and proximity to some of the most beautiful parts of the country and then the delta is a space of extraordinary haunting weirdness and beauty, both in terms of history and natural environs. That string of half abandoned Chinese-American Gold Rush towns along a river losing its way feel like southern Louisiana came to California and no-one knew what to do. . .
I had never been to the delta until I drove to Sacramento from a friend's house in Antioch, and man, it felt like the bayous and swamps. It made me think California might have a slice of the whole world in one state. Delta is underrated for its maze and network of rivers and bodies of water

Old 10-29-2021, 11:28 AM

12,857 posts, read 9,600,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spudcommando View Post
All day long. Nothing wrong with Sacramento.

Old 10-29-2021, 12:01 PM

36,664 posts, read 67,591,134 times
Quote:
Sacramento is very, very different from the other 2. The area has many more established neighborhoods, an actual walkable downtown with amenties, a decent nightlife in an area called Midtown, a light rail system, many nice suburbs etc. 2 of Sacramento's suburban counties, Placer and El Dorado, have very high incomes on par with the the coast actually, but median home prices are in the $600,000s, which is a steal by coastal standards.

The area is very diverse racially, is fairly balanced politically, wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy less stuck up than the Bay Area in my experience.

The only ding for me was the hot summers. Otherwise I like Sac a lot.

Old 10-29-2021, 12:27 PM

4,225 posts, read 3,312,088 times
Quote:
I don't understand this framing-so if its not on the coast it belongs to a peer group with Fresno and Bakersfield?

Old 10-29-2021, 12:33 PM

4,225 posts, read 3,312,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Sacramento is very, very different from the other 2. The area has many more established neighborhoods, an actual walkable downtown with amenties, a decent nightlife in an area called Midtown, a light rail system, many nice suburbs etc. 2 of Sacramento's suburban counties, Placer and El Dorado, have very high incomes on par with the the coast actually, but median home prices are in the $600,000s, which is a steal by coastal standards.

The area is very diverse racially, is fairly balanced politically, wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy less stuck up than the Bay Area in my experience.

The only ding for me was the hot summers. Otherwise I like Sac a lot.
Some things I learned today:

Sacramento has the second busiest Amtrak station in California, the only station besides Los Angeles with 1 million plus annual boardings.

The city of Roseville has nearly doubled in population since 2000, and the city of Elk Grove has nearly tripled in population since then.

Old 10-29-2021, 08:49 PM

3,559 posts, read 2,407,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Clutch View Post
Not surprised. It's a nice city and not ridiculously expensive for no reason like the Bay or LA.

This will likely continue for the foreseeable future.
Expensive for reason? Lol sure

Old 10-30-2021, 08:36 AM

8,851 posts, read 5,889,753 times
I've never been to Sacramento yet, but on paper it seems like a great city. Beautiful location with plenty of nature, super diverse, not ridiculously expensive (at least compared to the Bay Area), and Sacramento is still a medium sized city with enough city amenities for restaurants, shopping, nightlife, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City