Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2022, 12:09 AM

34,037 posts, read 17,050,952 times

Advertisements

Tennessee (Nashville region) without a doubt for me. My retirement state. Also spent 1997-2014 there, and if not for unique family circumstances, would never have left.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2022, 10:47 AM

51 posts, read 41,803 times
Tennessee (West TN). It's like the state I'm in right now (Missouri) but with lower taxes and no vaccine mandates.

Old 01-12-2022, 12:35 PM

13,611 posts, read 7,927,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Bootheel Bros. View Post
Tennessee (West TN). It's like the state I'm in right now (Missouri) but with lower taxes and no vaccine mandates.
Tennessee is a good choice. I'd miss the beach though, and the winters get too cold for me.

Old 01-12-2022, 02:01 PM

62 posts, read 62,157 times
Hawaii. Born and raised on the islands and majority of my family still lives there. It is home and if I couldn't ever leave a place, Hawaii is where that would be.

Old 01-12-2022, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
Tennessee is a good choice. I'd miss the beach though, and the winters get too cold for me.
At least Biloxi is less than 6 and a half hours away. Also you want cold? Head to Toronto.

Old 01-12-2022, 02:41 PM

13,611 posts, read 7,927,714 times
Quote:
At least Biloxi is less than 6 and a half hours away. Also you want cold? Head to Toronto.
The premise of the thread is that you can never leave the state you pick. Not only do you have to live there forever, but you can't even travel outside the state.

I'm from Florida originally, and even my adoptive home of Alabama gets too cold for me sometimes.

Old 01-12-2022, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
The premise of the thread is that you can never leave the state you pick. Not only do you have to live there forever, but you can't even travel outside the state.

I'm from Florida originally, and even my adoptive home of Alabama gets too cold for me sometimes.
I'm pretty sure it only means living in a state, not visiting.

Old 01-12-2022, 07:04 PM

16,554 posts, read 10,618,310 times
Quote:
I'm pretty sure it only means living in a state, not visiting.
Nope. You ain't going nowhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolehboleh View Post
I should clarify...

When I said "never leave", I meant that you would never be able to leave the borders of that state again. Basically, if you're in Mass and you try to cross into NH, you get taken out Squid Games style.
Choose wisely.

Old 01-12-2022, 07:36 PM

5,016 posts, read 3,914,958 times
California for me, by a mile.

New York would probably be second, largely because of NYC.

Massachusetts, Virgina, and North Carolina would probably be the next in line. Love the PNW, but give me the Atlantic ocean with the seasons out east if it's permanent.

Old 01-13-2022, 12:18 PM

138 posts, read 73,547 times
Though I live in Europe, I am familiar with the USA by studying, reading, watching, being nerdy for years on end and for me, it would be New York or Michigan. NY has the city and the mountains (not a big fan of Long Island tbh), while Michigan has the woods and the beaches (no ocean, but real enough for me). Both have an amazing and somewhat comparable climate in my book and I am very sad that my climate is so bad compared to those. New York as a whole is a more vibrant state and Michigan more tranquil.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City