Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Friendliness in Phoenix, AZ vs. San Francisco, CA vs. Los Angeles, CA vs. Dallas, TX vs. Tucson, AZ
Phoenix, AZ 5 12.20%
San Francisco, CA 1 2.44%
Los Angeles, CA 7 17.07%
Dallas, TX 19 46.34%
Tucson, AZ 2 4.88%
Allentown, PA 7 17.07%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2022, 06:10 PM

8,609 posts, read 10,140,336 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albuquerque 101 View Post
You thought about Albuquerque enough to bring it up here out of the blue for some reason. lol

The OP's obsession with asking about rudeness, politeness, friendliness, etc. among and including a certain set of cities for years on this forum is really quite bizarre.
It wasn't meant to be a dig towards ABQ, but an observation after living in AZ for 30 years. I find it quite bizarre that I don't hear people in AZ talk much about ABQ or visiting there considering it's right next door. That's all. Perhaps because there's not a direct major freeway in Central/Southern AZ to get to ABQ and one has to go out-of-the-way.

Last edited by AZLiam; 03-05-2022 at 06:18 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2022, 08:11 AM

17,778 posts, read 13,673,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
It wasn't meant to be a dig towards ABQ, but an observation after living in AZ for 30 years. I find it quite bizarre that I don't hear people in AZ talk much about ABQ or visiting there considering it's right next door. That's all. Perhaps because there's not a direct major freeway in Central/Southern AZ to get to ABQ and one has to go out-of-the-way.
Maybe the people in Arizona don't go to ABQ because the people are mean and unfriendly.

Old 03-06-2022, 08:37 AM

282 posts, read 216,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
Maybe the people in Arizona don't go to ABQ because the people are mean and unfriendly.
Except that Phoenix is among the top sources of visitors to the city and state, has the largest number of air passengers to Albuquerque and the largest number of movers to the city as well.

Old 03-06-2022, 09:21 AM

8,609 posts, read 10,140,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albuquerque 101 View Post
Except that Phoenix is among the top sources of visitors to the city and state, has the largest number of air passengers to Albuquerque and the largest number of movers to the city as well.
Great for you. You can roll your eyes all you want, but I'm just giving you my personal experience. You want to dispute what I hear or don't hear?

Old 04-07-2023, 05:38 PM

126 posts, read 72,072 times
Ok, so it looks like Dallas is much friendlier than Phoenix according to this poll. It's good to know, since I'm moving to Dallas in 3 weeks.

Old 04-07-2023, 06:38 PM

9,375 posts, read 20,791,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janoritish View Post
Ok, so it looks like Dallas is much friendlier than Phoenix according to this poll. It's good to know, since I'm moving to Dallas in 3 weeks.
I would love to know how many of those who voted on the poll has spent any significant time in all of these cities to have an informed opinion. My guess is not many.

Old 04-13-2023, 12:30 AM

58 posts, read 61,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
I would love to know how many of those who voted on the poll has spent any significant time in all of these cities to have an informed opinion. My guess is not many.
I agree, I've lived in Dallas and Tulsa my whole life and while the people in DFW aren't insanely rude or stuck up, I wouldn't say it is the nicest of all. It's kinda just like normal levels of friendliness. Out of all the cities I've been to, San Francisco had the friendliest people. I would put either the LA metro or San Diego in 2nd place. I feel like a lot of people are just choosing Dallas based off of the non-existent stereotypical deep south hospitality. Dallas feels more like Chicagoland with less winter. I think just about any city can do better than Tulsa tho. That place was bullying central.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City