Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2022, 08:50 AM

21,631 posts, read 12,766,606 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston Shudra View Post
It’s not my battle to fight really, but it does seem like some posters go miles and miles out of their way to undermine or talk around any contributions to black culture that have come out of Boston. Would a “yeah, Donna Summer is cool” post really kill anyone? I think the black Boston posters were willing to admit the city is far down the line on this topic, but being completely written off so often is just too much.

So many people keep insisting that there isn’t anything specific to come from the black community in and around Boston that’s worth mentioning. If folks could just say something like “I don’t think it’s in league with the big black cultural hubs, but I do appreciate x, y, and z” then these sorts of blow outs wouldn’t happen.
No doubt it’s obvious and people try to pretend like it’s all neutral and it’s insecurity: but if everyone form Boston feels that way we’re all just insecure and in our heads? It’s all made up. No- funnily enough I could go back and quote in another thread Redlion and Ashbyquin admitting to this phenomena like 4 months ago. If this keeps up I will. I have those quotes. It can be both no one wrote it off completely but there is OBVIOUSLY a stigma and aversion to Boston in black people which isn’t just this forum but very well known. Any other time they’d be saying that- especially in IRL. But now it’s like naw black people are fine with Boston? Obviously it’s not everyone but it’s more than one poster on CD whether it be cleverone, Aries, MurphyK, and others to a various degree. As well as many talking heads over at ESPN or elsewhere.

Idk why that’s controversial to say/ it’s obviously a phenomena that exists and something black Bostonians have documented in various publications, forums, in social groups/organizations we have something we discuss in our personal lives. It’s not like it’s just two people in this site/ this is an ongoing situation way beyond me or is.

The actual issue is if you criticize or question one aspect of like DC or some other black city they immediately be like “what does Boston have” “who does Boston xyz” when Bostons want mentioned by me. So then I explain- and then we’re off. Then we have the “the only people who wouldn’t know that are not hip to balck culture or from Boston” ( RedLion said threat to upper echelon upthread).

Unless you defer to DC or NYC on very single post you labeled as full of your bridges and or delusional about Bostons like I don’t have the energy to always fellate their city multiple times a thread. T you will also be reminded by several posters how no one is checking for Boston (bore at work MurphyKing resident09) when we already acknowledged that many many times. It’s a continuous beat down that’s very tiring. No one is saying Boston is on this level but if you mention it it’s taken as saying that. It almost seems like people get frustrated that we have answers to their question about well does Boston ahvethis or that? And it’s like..we’ll, yes- it does.

Idk why people think I would want to have to list our entire black history in any thread- that’s tiring…..but I will do it for the sake of factual accuracy and defending my city. People tire of talking about Boston but we can never get enough of DC Texas NYC and Atlanta ad nauseam on every black thread. What we really need are some black posters from Other cities and areas to break up the monotony.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2022, 09:03 AM

910 posts, read 1,084,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBornMassMade View Post
That’s like the final thing I made in a long list of cultural things I also didn’t say it was crime that makes you legitimately black or charismatic or not: I said we have different gangs than most areas.

You headed up with you said Boston has a low crime rate that’s an example of being subservient or acquiescent. I’d consider that fundamentally different: I’m not using ~crime~ as the measure of culture or blackness.
Neither did I, so what's your point? You still brought up gangs in a post about black culture. That's literally what brodie accused me of saying that I deserved to get "piled on" for.

Still need to see the quote where I said black culture is having gangs. Otherwise we are done here. Ya just bitter at this point and resorting to lame tactics.

Old 03-27-2022, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurphyKing54 View Post
Neither did I, so what's your point? You still brought up gangs in a post about black culture. That's literally what brodie accused me of saying that I deserved to get "piled on" for.

Still need to see the quote where I said black culture is having gangs. Otherwise we are done here. Ya just bitter at this point and resorting to lame tactics.
He said “gangbanging” as a stand in for crime. I never said you said “gangs”. Still all your bs aside you don’t think it was cringe to say Boston blacks are acquiescent “to what other people want” because we kill each other less. Go back,quote yourself, and explain that.

Old 03-27-2022, 09:14 AM

MurphyKing went back and edited his comment to take out any reference to Homicide or crime and it’s comparison to NYC. lmao.

And I’m the one with a “lame tactics”

Old 03-27-2022, 09:25 AM

Quote:
He said “gangbanging” as a stand in for crime. I never said you said “gangs”. Still all your bs aside you don’t think it was cringe to say Boston blacks are acquiescent “to what other people want” because we kill each other less. Go back,quote yourself, and explain that.
I already explained it. If you got out your feelings and read properly, you wouldn't have wasted 10 pages crying.

Gangbanging isn't the only factor of crime, so you can't use that as a "stand-in". He flat out lied, ya both just look like hypocrites now.

Quote:
"Don't they want us to kill each other?". That just shows you completely missed what I was trying to say. Kid really thought I was referencing white people....smh. Just think of it as unassuming and monotonous culture. Acquiescent to your own, stick to status quo of the community, hardly any cultural developments happening. Just normal everyday citizens. I won't use that word anymore since it apparently gives off the wrong idea, but that one flew way over your scalp and you ran with it.
Where did I say you're acquiescent because you have less murders? You got half your kids taking buses to private schools. That's obviously gonna have an effect on the urban culture. That's what I was saying.

Old 03-27-2022, 09:29 AM

Quote:
I already explained it. If you got out your feelings and read properly, you wouldn't have wasted 10 pages crying.

Gangbanging isn't the only factor of crime, so you can't use that as a "stand-in". He flat out lied, ya both just look like hypocrites now.

Where did I say you're acquiescent because you have less murders? You got half your kids taking buses to private schools. That's obviously gonna have an effect on the urban culture. That's what I was saying.
you literally deleted a significant chunk of your comment.

Old 03-27-2022, 09:38 AM

Quote:
MurphyKing went back and edited his comment to take out any reference to Homicide or crime and it’s comparison to NYC. lmao.

And I’m the one with a “lame tactics”
Fr? You gonna lie and assert I edited the comment instead of admitting it was never said to begin with? I stick by everything I said, I'm not some p*ssy who will edit out my comments.

You tried to sway a narrative and it backfired. Your arguments and accusations aren't holding up so you gotta say I erased chunks of a comment lol. Nothing was deleted, anyone who has been reading this thread will tell you. You bird for that, and no you're not the only one with lame tactics it's btownboss4 too. Echelon the only reasonable one out of ya. At least he can ask good questions and try to have peaceful dialogue without the emotional theatrics.

Old 03-27-2022, 09:45 AM

14,021 posts, read 15,018,765 times
Quote:
If you gotta spin words to create a narrative, you're just projecting insecurities and need to vent your frustration why black Boston isn't where you want it to be within the black American conscience. You were the first and only one to bring up gangs, genius.

So btownboss4, I get accused of something I didn't say and never would say, when your brethren says this exact sentiment in 4K and not a peep? Obvious bias in this thread lol. Clown ensemble fr.
You literally said a Black community not being riddled with crime shows a cultural characteristic of subservience and is the same reason the community isn’t cultural vibrant.

That sure as heck sounds like “crime is a critical Black characteristic” to me,, and like super racist.

Old 03-27-2022, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by btownboss4 View Post
You literally said a Black community not being riddled with crime shows a cultural characteristic of subservience and is the same reason the community isn’t cultural vibrant.

That sure as heck sounds like “crime is a critical Black characteristic” to me,, and like super racist.
Wtf LOL. Hol on, I'll assist you. Let me give you a quick English lesson. Calling all Boston nuts, class is in session!

Quote:
lit·er·al·ly
/ˈlidərəlē,ˈlitrəlē/

adverb
in a literal manner or sense; exactly.
"the driver took it literally when asked to go straight across the traffic circle"
When you say I "literally" said something...You're gonna have to quote me or show exactly where I said it. Not how you interpreted it through weird Boston insecurity; but how I said it exactly.

If you can't do this one simple and easy thing, then no. I did not "literally" say that and you're once again making sh*t up to mask the fact you're tight about Boston not getting the respect you feel it deserves. Tuff.

Old 03-27-2022, 09:57 AM

Murphy King, You did. you just deleted it out of your comment. This is getting weird.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City