Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2022, 10:31 PM

5,016 posts, read 3,918,842 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyjohnyang View Post
Just because you choose to spend your days shoving glizzies down your gullet, doesn't mean the rest of us do
Hahahaha
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2022, 10:38 PM

17,874 posts, read 15,943,866 times
I take a Jersey/NYC diner over any of those restaurants. Mainly because that is all I can afford.

Old 05-04-2022, 07:31 AM

36,659 posts, read 67,526,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
I take a Jersey/NYC diner over any of those restaurants. Mainly because that is all I can afford.
There is great food at all budget levels in places like that

Old 05-04-2022, 07:38 AM

12,839 posts, read 9,562,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwj119 View Post
Chicago has more Michelin star restaurants than Barcelona, and is widely recognized as a top 10-15-20 food city in the world. And the third most James Beard award winners in the US.

But I will say, the hot dog scene IS pretty dope.
Pizza and steakhouses as well. Foreign just moved to Chicago and isn't happy with it.

Old 05-05-2022, 07:54 AM

8,851 posts, read 5,871,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personone View Post
Yeah, Chicago is solid. It's got 5 Michelin starred restaurants. It's also got a nice scene in the West Loop with some of the Top Chef contestants restaurants, in addition to steakhouses, and a good variety of ethnic food.

Although I think the poster was responding to the other posted who claimed it was a "world-renown food mecca." That is a little overboard, lol.
Not sure, how I made this typo- Chicago has 23 Michelin Restaurants.

https://chicago.eater.com/maps/chica...estaurants-map

Old 05-05-2022, 07:58 AM

8,851 posts, read 5,871,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeignCrunch View Post
World renowned food mecca? They're not going to give a five star rating to a hot dog food cart, my man.
What about Chicago's 23 Michelin restaurants?

https://chicago.eater.com/maps/chica...estaurants-map

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBornMassMade View Post
What about Harolds??
Never been to Harold's but have heard great things. Although, I wouldn't necessarily consider it fine-dining. Although it does add to the variety. Chicago has 23 Michelin restaurants, and many of the trendy restaurants started by Top Chef stars in the West Loop, along with ethnic spots, and places like Harolds and the local street food (Italian Beef and those Chicago style hotdogs from the "hot dog food cart" ).

Old 05-10-2022, 01:11 PM

14,186 posts, read 22,743,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Forbes 2022, Five Star Restaurants in the US

Laurel Highlands(PA)-Lautrec
Quote:
Originally Posted by the resident09 View Post
Forbes 2022 US Five Star Hotel Resorts:

Falling Rock- Laurel Highlands, PA
Both of these are located at the Nemacolin Woodlands Resort in the Laurel Highlands of western Pennsylvania, about an hour away from Pittsburgh. The Laurel Highlands are vastly underrated in terms of outdoor recreation. Put them an hour away from New York, Boston or D.C. and every snooty travel magazine would write endlessly about them.

Old 05-10-2022, 01:14 PM

Location: That star on your map in the middle of the East Coast, DMV
8,128 posts, read 7,568,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craziaskowboi View Post
Both of these are located at the Nemacolin Woodlands Resort in the Laurel Highlands of western Pennsylvania, about an hour away from Pittsburgh. The Laurel Highlands are vastly underrated in terms of outdoor recreation. Put them an hour away from New York, Boston or D.C. and every snooty travel magazine would write endlessly about them.
Nemacolin is heavily visited already by DC area residents, and I've seen commercials on the resort in the DC/Baltimore markets. Although in Southern, PA, it's closer to there than the other I-95 corridor major cities Philly/NYC.

The Real Housewives of Potomac (DC area franchise) shot a couple of episodes there when they visited.

Old 05-10-2022, 01:21 PM

Wasnt there a Lautrec in Philadelphia a long time ago? I also remember another exceptional restaurant called Le Ben Fin in Philly as well, that was routinely rated among the top restaurants in the country. I looked it up on google and apparently it closed about a decade ago. That's how the industry is tho, very, very volatile, and there are openings and closings all the time.

Anyhow, I hope to visit the Lautrec in Western PA someday. Sounds very interesting.

Old 05-10-2022, 01:25 PM

Auberge Resorts is an extremely posh hotelier and restaurant group that is represented well in this ranking...they are based out of Marin County, CA but are now privately owned by a private investment group HQed in Houston.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City