Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2022, 09:10 AM

10,062 posts, read 14,434,667 times

Advertisements

Which states top the list with incredible amenities, despite being positioned politically as "red" or "blue?"

In other words, you would move to a city in that state--due to economy, geography, growing city, taxation, etc--despite it going against your beliefs, politically?

For me personally--

Current blue states: (democrat)

New York (NYC only)
California (San Francisco, Los Angeles or San Diego)
Massachusetts (Boston)
Washington (Seattle)
New Jersey (NYC suburbs)

Current red states: (republican)

Florida (Miami only)
Tennessee (Nashville - maybe Memphis)
Arizona (purple-ish) (Tucson/Sedona/Phoenix)
South Carolina - (Charleston or Greenville)
Texas (Austin or Houston only)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2022, 09:38 AM

12,830 posts, read 9,552,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post
Which states top the list with incredible amenities, despite being positioned politically as "red" or "blue?"

In other words, you would move to a city in that state--due to economy, geography, growing city, taxation, etc--despite it going against your beliefs, politically?

For me personally--

Current blue states: (democrat)

New York (NYC only)
California (San Francisco, Los Angeles or San Diego)
Massachusetts (Boston)
Washington (Seattle)
New Jersey (NYC suburbs)

Current red states: (republican)

Florida (Miami only)
Tennessee (Nashville - maybe Memphis)
Arizona (purple-ish) (Tucson/Sedona/Phoenix)
South Carolina - (Charleston or Greenville)
Texas (Austin or Houston only)
I'm a moderate but due to a special circumstance, I sort of shy away from conservative states. I can live in just about any liberal state.

From your list, I could do any of the Texas cities and Miami. Couldn't do SCAR

Old 05-10-2022, 10:06 AM

104 posts, read 46,603 times
I would move to Utah because of how much I love Salt Lake City, and the mountains, and the food, and the things that they have there.
Religiously, I just couldn't do it.

Old 05-10-2022, 10:10 AM

2,387 posts, read 2,340,269 times
I'm an indie who slightly leans right. On economics I kinda lean left as I'm not a fan of right-to-work. I'm also for walkable areas. But socially and culturally I've gotten further to the right.

Blue states:
Washington(Seattle)
Illinois(Chicago only)
NY(NYC or New Rochelle/White Plains only, but the price has to be worth it)
CA(LA County or Sacramento only)

Red states:
North Dakota(Grand Forks or Bismark)
Wyoming(Jackson)
Florida(Miami only, Brickell or close to downtown)
Ohio(Cleveland or Bowling Green only)

Old 05-10-2022, 10:13 AM

2,337 posts, read 2,286,565 times
I personally care more about taxation than politics. WA is one of the few liberal states I’d be happy living in since WA is still relatively tax friendly.

Old 05-10-2022, 11:16 AM

12,830 posts, read 9,552,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QRGANIC View Post
I would move to Utah because of how much I love Salt Lake City, and the mountains, and the food, and the things that they have there.
Religiously, I just couldn't do it.
Yeah SLC would be a no, despite how beautiful it is.

Old 05-10-2022, 11:24 AM

8,333 posts, read 5,492,671 times
Im left of center and how I vote usually depends on where I am. I vote blue because I live in Texas. If I still lived in California, Id vote red.

My political ideal state would be Colorado or Minnesota. But alas, they are cold.

I dont think politics would stop me from moving a place I wanted to live. I live in Texas and I hate the state politics here.

Old 05-10-2022, 11:32 AM

2,750 posts, read 2,419,379 times
Miami/South Florida

Old 05-10-2022, 11:59 AM

111 posts, read 68,484 times
I'm a conservative Hispanic (Dominican), I like Rhode Island despite it being a deep blue state. It's a beautiful New England state, the Providence area, Newport, RI beaches, Cape Cod and Boston nearby. Very safe and has a high value on education. It also has a significant Hispanic population with Dominicans being the majority. I think eastcoast liberals are far less extreme and more tolerable compared to Westcoast liberals, so it's easier to look past the "liberalness".

Old 05-10-2022, 12:32 PM

824 posts, read 712,695 times
I could’ve probably lived in any state that I liked regardless of politics but I’m not sure if I could settle down anywhere where abortion is banned if roe v. Wade is overturned
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City