Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Scottsdale vs Plano
Scottsdale 18 58.06%
Plano 13 41.94%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2022, 04:43 AM

402 posts, read 370,653 times

Advertisements

Which area would be best for a single professional not interested in raising a family, buying a home, or marriage, however based on spending up to 4 years for their career.
  • Dating
  • Access to major airports
  • Local economy
  • Weather/Outdoor activities year-round
  • Cost of living
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2022, 09:47 AM

8,606 posts, read 14,908,526 times
Neither of these would be anywhere near the top of my list, personally, but if I had to choose, I'd take Scottsdale. It has infinitely better outdoor recreation, it's not humid, and when it gets too hot, you can drive a couple hours into the mountains and be somewhere cooler. The combination of high heat and moderate humidity in DFW sucks, and it's pretty much inescapable in the summer because there isn't enough appreciable elevation gain to outclimb it. Phoenix has scenery, too. DFW doesn't.

Old 11-11-2022, 09:51 PM

101 posts, read 80,853 times
Oh Scottsdale easily. Although, cost of living might be questionable. It can be expensive in the core around all of the shopping and nightlife areas.

Old 11-11-2022, 10:13 PM

4,344 posts, read 2,819,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadedWest2020 View Post
Which area would be best for a single professional not interested in raising a family, buying a home, or marriage, however based on spending up to 4 years for their career.
  • Dating
  • Access to major airports
  • Local economy
  • Weather/Outdoor activities year-round
  • Cost of living

Dating - subjective / tie
Access to major airports- tie / edge to Plano
Local economy - Plano
Weather/Outdoor activities year-round - I can't stand dry heat so definitely Plano
Cost of living - Plano

My skin would not allow me to choose Scottsdale so definitely Plano.

Old 11-12-2022, 07:07 PM

1,016 posts, read 2,981,376 times
Both are really just large suburbs of their core cities (Phoenix and Dallas). Given the options I think Scottsdale is the better choice especially the old town area and it’s proximity to neighboring Tempe, AZ (another city full of young people that’s really seeing a lot of growth). Scottsdale has more of its own identity and is quite large and is an actual destination in itself. A lot of people vacation in Scottsdale and it can get touristy. North Scottsdale is going to have that more suburban family feel but there’s a good number of young professionals but you’ll be further from nightlife. Plano imo while nice definitely catered more to families. Your post comes across like you prefer to be a city dweller and around all the action.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City