Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: 6 on 6 Survivor Series Tag Team: Who wins?
Anaheim, California + Eureka, California + Fresno, California + Oxnard, California + Riverside, California + Sacramento, California 6 31.58%
Brookline, Massachusetts + Burlington, Vermont + Hartford, Connecticut + Portland, Maine + Providence, Rhode Island + Springfield, Massachusetts 13 68.42%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2022, 11:06 AM

613 posts, read 329,095 times

Advertisements

Welcome to the second of the Survivor Series battle 6 on 6. Inspired by the real WWE PPV called Survivor series which is coming this weekend.

In the Red corner: California

Anaheim + Eureka + Fresno + Oxnard + Riverside + Sacramento

In the Blue corner: New England

Brookline, MA + Burlington, VT + Hartford, CT + Portland, ME + Providence, RI + Springfield, MA

And as a bonus, you get to choose the survivors, whether it is the sole survivor (the last man standing at the very end) or a clean sweep with all 6 on one team standing tall!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2022, 11:15 AM

613 posts, read 329,095 times
And if you missed the one with random Rust Belt cities and random Sun Belt cities, you can see it by clicking the link below

https://www.city-data.com/forum/city...rust-belt.html

Old 11-25-2022, 03:50 PM

2,934 posts, read 2,024,393 times
Some of the most forgotten CA cities vs some of the most beloved northeast cities. This definitely wasn't done at random.

You should have switched eureka with montecito and Oxnard with Ventura to make it more fair.
No point voting here for me, should be an easy victory for the northeast.

Edit: noticed you can switch out cities later on, but I don't think it'll make a difference. Easy win for the north still

Last edited by dontbelievehim; 11-25-2022 at 04:02 PM..

Old 11-25-2022, 04:21 PM

376 posts, read 210,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontbelievehim View Post
Some of the most forgotten CA cities vs some of the most beloved northeast cities. This definitely wasn't done at random.

You should have switched eureka with montecito and Oxnard with Ventura to make it more fair.
No point voting here for me, should be an easy victory for the northeast.

Edit: noticed you can switch out cities later on, but I don't think it'll make a difference. Easy win for the north still

The forum is also biased towards east of the MS so it's whatever :/

So ofcourse people will gravitate to what's familiar and like 70-80% of the country resides there.

Old 11-25-2022, 05:08 PM

10,755 posts, read 23,847,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dw572 View Post

So ofcourse people will gravitate to what's familiar and like 70-80% of the country resides there.
To a point. But, if this was Monterey, Napa, and Laguna Beach vs say Hartford, Fall River, and Rutland then obviously California wins. There could have been a better selection of cities chosen for California. Instead we have Brookline, one of Boston's most desirable suburbs vs well... Anaheim.

Last edited by Champ le monstre du lac; 11-25-2022 at 05:19 PM..

Old 11-25-2022, 05:20 PM

Quote:

True but
California does well for a western state. He obviously picked these to give California a disadvantage.

The whole central valley is forgotten, so picking the biggest cities isn't a bad choice if you have to select from there.
But Anaheim for the OC, Oxnard, and eureka are weak coastal choices. So much better could have been done there.

Old 11-25-2022, 05:29 PM

376 posts, read 210,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Champ le monstre du lac View Post
To a point. But, if this was Monterey, Napa, and Laguna Beach vs say Hartford, Fall River, and Rutland then obviously California wins. There could have been a better selection of cities chosen for California. Instead we have Brookline, one of Boston's most desirable suburbs vs well... Anaheim.

Seems like another thing.. like why the obessesion with the same "high end" cities/towns/suburbs like Pasadena for example. If the posters here, who mainly work from home with tech jobs and not having to commute to Mars and back. What's wrong with Sacramento, Fresno or Riverside. Each of those 3 cities have great neighborhoods with plenty of ammenities.
I mean I understand people want to live in urban, walkable environments but places like Monterrey or Pasadena are virtually the same built subdivision environments.
I do notice the list of beach towns, an and +1 for areas next to the ocean but still..

Old 11-25-2022, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Seems like another thing.. like why the obessesion with the same "high end" cities/towns/suburbs like Pasadena for example. If the posters here, who mainly work from home with tech jobs and not having to commute to Mars and back. What's wrong with Sacramento, Fresno or Riverside. Each of those 3 cities have great neighborhoods with plenty of ammenities.
I mean I understand people want to live in urban, walkable environments but places like Monterrey or Pasadena are virtually the same built subdivision environments.
I do notice the list of beach towns, an and +1 for areas next to the ocean but still..

Sacramento - mixed opinion
Riverside - mixed opinion
Fresno - more negative than good opinion
Oxnard - mixed opinion
Anaheim - mixed opinion
Eureka - mixed opinion

Brookline, Burlington, Providence, and Portland are thought of highly on here.
Hartford - mixed opinion
Springfield - unsure

The Eastern cities he picked have better reputations on here. It's not close.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City