Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2023, 07:17 AM

126 posts, read 72,712 times

Advertisements

If California is too expensive, I'll stay in Phoenix. I like Dry Climate.

Old 02-19-2023, 01:53 AM

7,709 posts, read 5,466,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janoritish View Post
...which of these cities do you all recommend?

San Jose, CA vs. San Diego, CA vs. Seattle, WA, vs. Las Vegas, NV, vs. Dallas, TX, vs. Houston, TX
I would scratch San Jose, CA
San Diego, CA
and Seattle, WA

They are much too expensive for you.

Since you like a dry climate, Las Vegas is probably your best bet, since it has a much more similar climate to Phoenix, which you said you like.

The West Coast is, for the most part, very expensive, compared to all others you mentioned.

Old 02-19-2023, 07:19 AM

7,412 posts, read 6,571,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whereiend View Post
Personally I'd prefer Sacramento's summer over SF. Much of SF is way too cold in the summer for me; I absolutely want to be able to hit the pool in the summer. San Jose on the other hand is pretty damn beautiful in the summer (at least when there is not a wildfire), but still I'd probably like it slightly warmer at night, at least for a month or so. Maybe it's just me.
You don’t have to go too far out of SF to get warmer weather….I lived just across The Golden Gate Bridge in Strawberry/Mill Valley (next town past Sausalito) and it was not uncommon for it to be at least 10 - 15 degrees warmer, sunny and definitely pool weather in the summer as Mt Tamalpais would block out most of the fog that kept SF cooler and chilly….likewise once you hit East Bay (Oakland hills and other cities) it was noticeably warmer than downtown SF; and ditto for South Bay and San Jose.

Last edited by elchevere; 02-19-2023 at 07:37 AM..

Old 03-02-2023, 04:44 AM

Thank you everybody for your responses. I decided on Houston, TX. Many people I noticed trash talk the Houston area, but me personally, what I really love about that area are how nice and friendly the people are. I learned during my time in Arizona that it's all about the people. You can live in a city that is stunningly nice with beautiful scenery, but it's the people that matter the most. I think Texas would have the friendliest people too. Houston is definitely friendlier than Dallas too.

Old 03-02-2023, 09:00 AM

12,855 posts, read 9,595,244 times
Quote:
Thank you everybody for your responses. I decided on Houston, TX. Many people I noticed trash talk the Houston area, but me personally, what I really love about that area are how nice and friendly the people are. I learned during my time in Arizona that it's all about the people. You can live in a city that is stunningly nice with beautiful scenery, but it's the people that matter the most. I think Texas would have the friendliest people too. Houston is definitely friendlier than Dallas too.
Good choice and good luck to you. Houston has everything most people could want.

Old 03-02-2023, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylord_Focker View Post
Good choice and good luck to you. Houston has everything most people could want.
I agree. I've read really bad things and reviews about Houston, but you know, everybody has different experiences. Personally, I've found it to be really friendly and down to earth. It felt much friendlier than Dallas. It felt very southern in Houston. Also, the COL is incredibly cheap too! My dollar would go a long way in Houston. I'm looking into Sugar Land or Rosenburg. I've also thought about Katy or Northwest Houston around Willowbrook Mall.

Old 03-02-2023, 11:57 AM

843 posts, read 459,401 times
Quote:
I agree. I've read really bad things and reviews about Houston, but you know, everybody has different experiences. Personally, I've found it to be really friendly and down to earth. It felt much friendlier than Dallas. It felt very southern in Houston. Also, the COL is incredibly cheap too! My dollar would go a long way in Houston. I'm looking into Sugar Land or Rosenburg. I've also thought about Katy or Northwest Houston around Willowbrook Mall.
Sugar Land really is the way to go when talking about suburban Houston imo. It’s closer than other outer suburbs like Katy and the Woodlands and also has pretty much every amenity you could ask for in a suburb. It’s also very diverse.

Old 03-02-2023, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBears02 View Post
Sugar Land really is the way to go when talking about suburban Houston imo. It’s closer than other outer suburbs like Katy and the Woodlands and also has pretty much every amenity you could ask for in a suburb. It’s also very diverse.
I'd be living in Rosenburg for the first few months until I found a job. How is Rosenburg like? I'm going to live there and establish roots and apply for jobs all over Harris County and Fort Bend County.

Old 03-02-2023, 01:18 PM

13,357 posts, read 39,994,162 times
Please continue this discussion in the Houston forum. This thread is now closed.

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
it's - contraction of it is
your - possession
you're - contraction of you are
their - possession
they're - contraction of they are
there - referring to a place
loose - opposite of tight
lose - opposite of win
who's - contraction of who is
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City