Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Phoenix, AZ vs. Orange County, CA vs. Las Vegas, NV
Phoenix, AZ 18 33.33%
Orange County, CA 29 53.70%
Las Vegas, NV 7 12.96%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2023, 09:28 AM

2,858 posts, read 2,179,307 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylord_Focker View Post
You have to read some self help books I think my friend. Changed my life. I used to road rage all the time. I took it personally. Turns out, that person didn't know me and maybe had an emergency?
He's already read enough of those. Remember he mentioned at one point that he's working on a social work degree. Given this poster's history I don't know why you still bother.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2023, 09:33 AM

4,222 posts, read 3,741,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylord_Focker View Post
It's something that I've consciously worked on. I used to think slow drivers were intentionally impeding me and that fast drivers wanted to hurt me. 99% of the time, not the case. People are in their own zones when driving, for better or worse.

I assure the OP, whatever happens in Phoenix will happen 10 fold in LA. People cut in lines here as well, and in Houston. He's just pretty unhappy. A change of scenery may be nice, but you're going from bad to worse if you go from Phoenix to LA and you're taking an immediate paycut.

I think once you factor in wear and tear, maintenance and gas (especially in SoCal), it's barely a minimum wage job. Hard to pay bills on that anywhere, but especially LA

It's best that he or she just moves on to the next place and gains that experience first hand. If someone is going to judge a place by how hotel staff treats them when there on vacation, then they need more life experience to realize what we've all been trying to tell them.

Just go Janoritish, any place, try DC, try OC, try LA, try Houston... a lot of us, who are probably a bit older than you, have spent lots of time in many big US cities. You're not gaining anything on Phoenix moving to any of these towns, you may be taking a step back financially, which makes me concerned that you'd end up living in worse areas of these other towns. Houston, LA and DC have some really, really bad neighborhoods so take care of yourself regardless of where you go.

And here you have a 20+ year PHX resident offering concern for your best interests. We must all suck here.

Old 03-31-2023, 09:48 AM

12,855 posts, read 9,595,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkwensky View Post
He's already read enough of those. Remember he mentioned at one point that he's working on a social work degree. Given this poster's history I don't know why you still bother.
Yeah, you're right. He could be trolling this entire time. If he doesn't get it at this point.....

Old 03-31-2023, 05:56 PM

126 posts, read 72,712 times
Hey, I think I want to make things work out in Phoenix. I just have some very deep rooted personal problems, I'm not disclosing personal things on this forum. All I will say is, I have autism and PTSD. I wasn't raised correctly and as an adult who was bullied all his life, I have trouble with some life situations and I get flashbacks and lots of anxiety.

I'll make Phoenix work out, but I think at this point, I need to move to a different more quieter part of town. I live across from a big shopping mall too. I'm thinking of moving to a less hectic part of the valley.

I'll take my friend's advice and stay put.

Old 03-31-2023, 06:05 PM

2,391 posts, read 1,077,949 times
Orange County easily.

Old 03-31-2023, 09:38 PM

I was in Yuma for a day trip today and was so amazed at how nice and kind everybody was in person and on the roads. It makes sense because it is a small town. I guess it holds true, cities do tend to have ruder people in general. Makes me think the best thing is to stay put.

Old 04-01-2023, 09:59 PM

Someone rolled by me today and cussed me out while I was walking in my area. Doubt this happens in LA or LV.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City