Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Phoenix, AZ vs. Orange County, CA vs. Las Vegas, NV
Phoenix, AZ 18 33.33%
Orange County, CA 29 53.70%
Las Vegas, NV 7 12.96%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2023, 09:37 AM

126 posts, read 72,712 times

Advertisements

Which city is better in 2023? Phoenix, AZ, Orange County, CA, or Las Vegas, NV? Which city has the following?

1. What is the weather like in Phoenix vs. Orange County, CA vs. Las Vegas, NV? Which city has better weather?

2. What is the traffic like in Phoenix vs. Orange County, CA vs. Las Vegas, NV? Which city has better and less traffic?

3. What are the people like in Phoenix vs. Orange County, CA vs. Las Vegas, NV? Which city has friendlier and more down to earth people? Which city has less rude people?

4. Entertainment and shopping in Phoenix vs. Orange County, CA vs. Las Vegas, NV? Which city has better and more entertainment and more shopping with higher end stores with the ritzy feel?

5. Drivers in Phoenix vs. Orange County, CA vs. Las Vegas, NV. Which city has better less aggressive drivers who don't speed up or honk their horns and give you the finger? Which city are you less likely to get cut off to where you almost hit them?

6. Road rage in Phoenix, AZ vs. Orange County, CA vs. Las Vegas, NV. Which city has less road rage?

7. Making friends in Phoenix, AZ vs. Orange County, CA vs. Las Vegas, NV. Which city is it easier to make friends? Which city is it easier to approach people without being ignored?

8. The final question. Overall, which city is better? Phoenix, AZ, Orange County, CA, or Las Vegas, NV?

There are probably many polls asking already, but they were from years ago, especially before COVID. In 2023, which of these three cities is better?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2023, 01:07 PM

6,311 posts, read 6,827,554 times
Orange County is going to win this solely because of the weather not because it has any merits. Orange County is second or last in every question on this thread except weather but weather is all people care about. The only way this starts changing is unless you include LA.

Old 03-26-2023, 02:28 PM

Lol 0 votes for Phoenix and Vegas and 3 for OC. I'm starting to consider OC as well for residency and Vegas. But yeah, I'd see why OC would win.

Old 03-26-2023, 03:33 PM

12,855 posts, read 9,595,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prickly Pear View Post
Orange County is going to win this solely because of the weather not because it has any merits. Orange County is second or last in every question on this thread except weather but weather is all people care about. The only way this starts changing is unless you include LA.
4 is subjective. oc is good for 5 and 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janoritish View Post
Lol 0 votes for Phoenix and Vegas and 3 for OC. I'm starting to consider OC as well for residency and Vegas. But yeah, I'd see why OC would win.
Houston out? Btw from my memory houston drivers are aggressive

Old 03-26-2023, 05:53 PM

3,167 posts, read 2,219,936 times
Is cost of living a concern? This has been a huge factor behind migration out of Orange County for years. Of course plenty of people make it work, but unlike friendliness and driving behavior where opinions will vary, there is nothing subjective about housing costs in coastal southern California. Depending on what type of work you do the opportunities and compensation may or may not justify moving there.

Old 03-26-2023, 06:58 PM

23,563 posts, read 24,089,586 times
OP, just to clarify, Orange County is not a city, but a county in Southern California. There are many cities in Orange County, some very desirable, some perhaps not as much.

Old 03-26-2023, 07:12 PM

4,226 posts, read 3,309,497 times
Over the years I've developed a helpful mnemonic technique to help me remember that "Orange County" is not actually a city.

It has the word "county" in the name.

Of these three locations by themselves, I'd say Phoenix.

Old 03-26-2023, 09:43 PM

It looks like OC is 1st place and PHX 2nd place.

Old 03-27-2023, 09:14 AM

Now, does OC have a lot of traffic? Does it get crowded with traffic jams on the streets and on highways? I know LA does, but OC I don't think is part of the LA area, but it kind of looks like it is.

Old 03-27-2023, 10:05 AM

36,665 posts, read 67,579,201 times
I dont mind the other 2 at all but I pick Orange County.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City