Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2023, 11:31 PM

3 posts, read 1,941 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,

I'm currently in Nashville. I recently bought a house here and have a successful therapy/counseling business. I'm looking to potentially move to Tampa due to it being closer to family and hearing it's better for dating in my stage of life. I'm not a very "cowboy" or "fratty" kind of guy, so the women here are usually not the most attracted to my vibe/style from what I assume (could be other things I'm not sure about, but I've had different reactions in different cities - especially Atalanta; more positive attention from women I mean). I'm also looking for somewhere moderate/conservative and think both of these cities fit that bill. I'm a Christian as well and desire to find someone who also shares my values/beliefs (so a place with a high population of Christians is best). I have been researching here and it seems that both of these cities have good futures (e.g. Nashville due to Oracle and Amazon, etc.), but looking for more info since I'd like to be somewhere that has a good economic future. I love the beach since my parents live near one and I miss it every time I head back to Nashville. Just curious if y'all have any insights into weighing these two cities due to my not even having been to Tampa but having been in Nashville for the last 8 or so years.

TLDR; dating, economy for therapists/counselors (white collar healthcare), Christians, etc.

Thanks!

Last edited by SingularityOne; 05-09-2023 at 11:47 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2023, 05:56 AM

1,277 posts, read 1,088,178 times
Yes tampa is not a conservative city socially. I think they have one of the lowest church attendance rates similar to northwest cities like Portland. Read this a few months ago. Jacksonville will probably be a better city. Orlando won’t fit that criteria as well.

Old 05-10-2023, 06:11 AM

4,159 posts, read 2,841,729 times
https://www.pewresearch.org/religion...by/metro-area/

This was from several years ago, before the pandemic. But outside of uber-observant Atlanta, Houston, and Dallas of the places surveyed, Tampa seems to fit in the middle. Just lean in on finding a church community I suppose.

Old 05-10-2023, 10:40 PM

325 posts, read 203,705 times
Anecdotal considering I haven't spent much time in Nashville, but it seems like they have a decent amount of people that don't fit the country/frat vibe. I guess it would depend on the neighborhood.

Old 05-11-2023, 07:28 AM

12,805 posts, read 9,532,543 times
I would think Nashville is pretty evangelical. I'd doubt there are a lot of atheists among the country and western crowd.

Old 05-11-2023, 08:46 AM

592 posts, read 589,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylord_Focker View Post
I would think Nashville is pretty evangelical. I'd doubt there are a lot of atheists among the country and western crowd.
Sure there are. Just like any other metro of over 2 million. Unless you believe tourists are representative of the the local population.

Old 05-11-2023, 09:07 AM

828 posts, read 449,685 times
Quote:
I haven’t met many Nashville locals that are country and western tbh. Most are just normal. This is more representative of all the tourists.

Old 05-11-2023, 01:59 PM

35,057 posts, read 31,258,424 times
Quote:
The city of Nashville itself is purple to blue. Yes, the evangelical capital of the world is there, but it doesn't seem as big as it looks at the outset. It's a relatively minor industry.

The country music thing is more tourist than local. Locals don't spend much time on Broadway.

Old 05-12-2023, 10:39 AM

6,804 posts, read 6,027,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heel82 View Post
https://www.pewresearch.org/religion...by/metro-area/

This was from several years ago, before the pandemic. But outside of uber-observant Atlanta, Houston, and Dallas of the places surveyed, Tampa seems to fit in the middle. Just lean in on finding a church community I suppose.
That article has the percentage of "seldom/never" for Tampa as much closer to SF/Boston/Seattle than to Dallas/Houston/Atlanta.

Old 05-14-2023, 07:53 AM

12,805 posts, read 9,532,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkc2j View Post
Sure there are. Just like any other metro of over 2 million. Unless you believe tourists are representative of the the local population.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBears02 View Post
I haven’t met many Nashville locals that are country and western tbh. Most are just normal. This is more representative of all the tourists.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
The city of Nashville itself is purple to blue. Yes, the evangelical capital of the world is there, but it doesn't seem as big as it looks at the outset. It's a relatively minor industry.

The country music thing is more tourist than local. Locals don't spend much time on Broadway.
Nashville is in the Bible Belt. Finding evangelicals won’t be hard
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City